Ord Mantell's PP2 Build

Ord Mantell

Well-Known Hunter

Parts list

linage parts, vintage found parts, unconfirmed vintage found parts, original maker parts
  • Helmet -
  • Helmet Rangefinder - Terminal Fettler
  • Helmet Metal Ears - MinuteFett
  • Helmet Metal Borden - Elstree Precision Co.
  • Helmet visor - custom made from 1/8" smoked plexiglass
  • Helmet RF Electronics - vintage parts electronics board, LEDs, and grain of rice bulbs
  • Armor - MinuteFett lineage/photogrammetry armor
  • Knee Darts - 1 vintage found part Michell sweep arm part + 3 replica metal cylinders by MojoFett
  • Armor Collar Studs - possible vintage found part: Litton Royal 242PD adding machine keys, ebay
  • Chest Armor Light Display - unwired dummy with vintage period-correct LEDs
  • Jetpack - Darth Voorhees/7CS
  • Jetpack Harness - MinuteFett
  • Jetpack Harness US Divers Belt Buckle - vintage found part, eBay
  • Jetpack Beacon - unknown maker
  • Jetpack Stabilizer - replica
  • Jetpack Thruster Greeblies - @Questdesign
  • Jetpack Micro Mega Endodontic File -
  • Jetpack Hooks and Clips - FullMetalFett
  • Jetpack/Gauntlets cable hookups - vintage found parts ITT Canon cables and connectors
  • Gauntlets - MinuteFett photogrammetry right gauntlet, MinuteFett scratch sculpt left gauntlet
  • Left Gauntlet Glenross Dental Expander Screw - MinuteFett
  • Left Gauntlet 'Laser' with Copper Tip - MinuteFett
  • Left Gauntlet Flamethrower - Kuhnke found parts + replica build by Brokk
  • Gauntlet Micro Mega Endodontic Files - vintage red 90, silver 70
  • Right Gauntlet Darts - replicas
  • Cape - vintage Vietnam War era US Army tent, ebay
  • Wookie Scalps -
  • Flak Vest - Clothears
  • Flight Suit with neck seal (One Piece) - Clothears
  • Hip Pouches - Clothears
  • Gloves - Clothears
  • Glove patches - vintage vietnam era US army patches, 7th ID (woodland subdued), FORSCOM (woodland subdued), ebay
  • Girth Belt - self-made recreation with correct mohair and vintage roller buckles
  • White Vinyl Ammo Belt - HandmadeHorrorShop on Etsy
  • Shin Tool Sonic Beam Weapon - Paterson RC Print Squeegee from B&H
  • Shin Tool Anti-Security Blade - Paterson RC Print Squeegee from B&H + 2 replica Michell stylus brush arms by MojoFett
  • Shin Tool Survival Knife - Paterson Stirrer
  • Shin Tool Mystery Tool - aluminum tube, 30mm outer diameter x 23mm interior diameter, Amazon
  • Boots - WastedFett
  • Boot Spikes - MojoFett
  • PP2 Blaster - vintage found parts Kaiser camera grip, Tasco hand telescope, and arrow greeblie from the Rotring Sec-o-Mat

Getting started. This is a test fitting using my Clothears ESB suit on a new mannequin (with some quick photoshopped colors) and ESB armor, belt, etc for a temp feel for how the manny might work. The goal is the Kenner promo suit in all its crazy glory. A tribute to Mario Maala who painted the suit I remember the most from my childhood.

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 7.50.01 PM.png

Last edited:
Looks good so far, I dig that blue. Need to lighten mine
Your suit looks great. This is just a photoshop mockup. Getting dyes to behave the same is another story. But your build inspired this one, and is definitely the PP2 bible. I don't think I'll have much to add to what you've already done.

These are probably the only found parts I'll have on this build:
IMG_4050.jpg

Last edited:
Your suit looks great. This is just a photoshop mockup. Getting dyes to behave the same is another story. But your build inspired this one, and is definitely the PP2 bible. I don't think I'll have much to add to what you've already done.

These are probably the only found parts I'll have on this build, along with a US Army half shelter, not pictured:
View attachment 222382

It brings me joy to read my thread inspired you. Ya taming the dye process was a chore. Out of everything, the jumpsuit is likely going to be the most time consuming part, and the most frustrating, in terms of dying it.

I've been wanting to try playing around with adding a light grey into some test fabric to see if it gets the dull look

Also, if you need a flamer, I maybe able to help you out on the telescoping rod assembly/wire & coupling tip/mock electrode

Glove patches turned out to be more complicated than I expected (what was I thinking). Vintage vietnam era 'woodland subdued' is required for proper results. They cannot be synthetic fabric or iron-on. I also believe the two are a mix of different edging types: merrowed as well as hemmed.

IMG_4044.jpg

That's right. Good work! There's also a bunch more inside the pack but you don't need them. They are too pricey! :/
Thank you for that confirmation! Much appreciated. Too bad I figured it out after I already bought only one quick release.

Last edited:
Following this one ! Ord Mantell your ESB build is so awesome... Im looking forward to you tackeling the PP2.
Brokk I already massively enjoyed your build so far, its gonna be interesting watch the 2 further on.

Ord Mantell
I'd also gravitate towards the left helmet. No objective reasonst, but it "feels" more on point when I have the old marketing photos in mind.

This thread is more than 48 days old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back