Opinions needed on Jango bucket

dark1rises

New Hunter
hey guys, i put this on ebay and got a non paying bidder won the auction.
So I decided to keep this helmet and make it as accurrate as possible.
Can I apply rub and buff without taking the silver paint off? Any other recomendations? Would you reccomend a whole new paint job?
Should I cut the vents out in the back??

jango8.jpg

jango7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a first Generation cast of a Don Post deluxe with no shrinkage. It's fiberglass. I got it 3 years ago from a board member....
The bidder met my reserve, bid twice to meet it, and then wont even email me back.

OK with the rubnbuff, can I rubnbuff over the pinstriping? If it doesnt cover it completley, then it would give me a outline to re apply it? will it stick to the rubnbuff?

Ill do some research on the earpiece, if there is a tutorial please post a link.

Don't rub n buff over the pinstripe. You will want to completely sand down the helmet, re-primer it and then resand it before applying rub n buff. Otherwise you won't get a nice, smooth finish.

Don't rub n buff over the pinstripe. You will want to completely sand down the helmet, re-primer it and then resand it before applying rub n buff. Otherwise you won't get a nice, smooth finish.

Yup... That pretty much says it all... On the second sanding, use 800-1000 grit and wet sand it (black sandpaper). It'll come out as smooth as a piece of glass. Makes the rnb look much nicer. Just don't sand all the way through the paint.

EDIT-

BTW, if you post a pic of the ear assembly, I can try to help you figure out what you'll have to do to make it into a Jango ear.

All that he would need to do to make it a Jango earcap is lower the whole RF assembly so that it sits on top of the lower earcap.

-tubachris

Thats the thing... Depending on how the ear is, he may have to add a block (like I did) to extend the ear base. Otherwise, its still just gonna be a Boba ear with the cap on lower. For example, my ear base is molded into the helmet, its not a seperate piece. By adding vertical length to the base, the ear now appears closed. Know what I mean?

Thats the thing... Depending on how the ear is, he may have to add a block (like I did) to extend the ear base. Otherwise, its still just gonna be a Boba ear with the cap on lower. For example, my ear base is molded into the helmet, its not a seperate piece. By adding vertical length to the base, the ear now appears closed. Know what I mean?

From what I see in the picture, it appears as if you wouldnt have to extend anything. If you look at the width of the RF assembly and the width of the lower earcap, they are almost identical and it should not be an issue with having to extend anything. All that I feel he needs to do is just lower it.

-tubachris
(who proposes the idea that possibly in the "real" world of star wars, that the RF assembly is adjustable just like a saftey belt in a car is, you know, like that little sliding thing to adjust it to your height?)

If the base is attached to the helmet, how will he lower the base? He'll still have a big square hole there, no matter if he moves the cap or not. Thats why I said that I need to see the ear assembly. If the base is molded to the helmet (like a mystery helmet), and not a seperate piece, he will have to add a block. Trust me, I just did this to my helmet... lol...

If the whole assembly is seperate; base, cap, and rf post, then yes, just lowering it will work. Like I said, I want a pic of it to determine what has to be done.

EDIT-

This is the piece that I'm talking about... Its different on some Boba helmets, sometimes its molded to the helmet, and sometimes its a seperate piece. If thats part of the helmet, it'll be much easier to close the gap by simply gluing a block under it. I mean technically, its still not correct by even doing that, but then again, the cheeks are also wrong, so I don't think the short cut will matter much.

jango7.gif

If the base is attached to the helmet, how will he lower the base? He'll still have a big square hole there, no matter if he moves the cap or not. Thats why I said that I need to see the ear assembly. If the base is molded to the helmet (like a mystery helmet), and not a seperate piece, he will have to add a block. Trust me, I just did this to my helmet... lol...

If the whole assembly is seperate; base, cap, and rf post, then yes, just lowering it will work. Like I said, I want a pic of it to determine what has to be done.

EDIT-

This is the piece that I'm talking about... Its different on some Boba helmets, sometimes its molded to the helmet, and sometimes its a seperate piece. If thats part of the helmet, it'll be much easier to close the gap by simply gluing a block under it. I mean technically, its still not correct by even doing that, but then again, the cheeks are also wrong, so I don't think the short cut will matter much.

jango7.gif

Well I thought you meant physically extending the earcap outwards, not because of a possible hole in the helmet itself. What I thought you meant was making the earcaps thicker. As we now know, its a seperate piece, and what he could do now, is just lower it, and fill the hole where it previously would be, and put bondo to fill it, and repaint it.

-tubachris

Pretty sure that Jango's are squared off at the top corners... And it needs to have a little hole just about where the Borden thingy used to be.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back