New member from London

PaulH

New Hunter
Hello everyone. I've just joined this forum and, to be honest, I'm genuinely staggered by the amount of information on here and the dedication you guys have to Boba Fett. I've been a member of the RPF for a while and have just ordered a Fett bucket from `galactic_supplies' on Ebay; that's what prompted me to head towards TDH. I've built a range of prop replicas over the last couple of years including these:

So, my next task is to do justice to my Fett bucket when it arrives!

FINISHED K 4.jpg
BB10.jpg
Blaster.jpg
D9 FINISHED 4.jpg
DREDD 4.jpg
Radio.jpg
DL44.jpg

Welcome Paul !! Very Nice Work on the Pieces You've Done!! I'm hoping you know what quality of a helmet you're Evil Bay supplier makes? As a general lesson in the past,
the Evil Bay Boba Fett providers hardly ever make anything that is of the standards or quality of the providers here on TDH. The makers here on the site always make
high quality merchandise (especially if you're planning to be approved with the 501st at some point) and stand behind their work. I'm guilty, like many others have learned that lesson in the past!
Anyway, Good Luck on your Build !! If you have any questions about anything, be sure to post them. everyone is glad to help out or point you in the right direction !!! ;)

Welcome to fett madness or the love thereof !
I agree and disagree about eBay sellers as yes there are many sellers that do sell heaps of s..t
but there are many traders who sell great stuff too as there are folks on here who also trade on eBay too so the real rule of it all is research what you need and ask if you're not sure and don't part with ya pennies till your sure ! As you will only end up buying crap and having to replace it.
But beyond that nice work on your dread pieces they look great o_O

Welcome Paul !! Very Nice Work on the Pieces You've Done!! I'm hoping you know what quality of a helmet you're Evil Bay supplier makes? As a general lesson in the past,
the Evil Bay Boba Fett providers hardly ever make anything that is of the standards or quality of the providers here on TDH. The makers here on the site always make
high quality merchandise (especially if you're planning to be approved with the 501st at some point) and stand behind their work. I'm guilty, like many others have learned that lesson in the past!
Anyway, Good Luck on your Build !! If you have any questions about anything, be sure to post them. everyone is glad to help out or point you in the right direction !!! ;)

Thanks Hvacdon - probably what I should have done is check here first and then order a helmet. But I was browsing on eBay and the Galactic Supplies helmet caught my eye. I'll post some pics when it arrives to see what you guys think.

Welcome to fett madness or the love thereof !
I agree and disagree about eBay sellers as yes there are many sellers that do sell heaps of s..t
but there are many traders who sell great stuff too as there are folks on here who also trade on eBay too so the real rule of it all is research what you need and ask if you're not sure and don't part with ya pennies till your sure ! As you will only end up buying crap and having to replace it.
But beyond that nice work on your dread pieces they look great o_O

Thanks for your comments Bobawomble. I'm now looking forward to my helmet arriving with just a hint of trepidation :)

I do hope your helmet turns out to be half way decent, as its hard to stereotype all eBay merchants as just plain rip off dealers as that would be plain wrong. As there are many folk as I've already mentioned, who sell decent bits its just a case of research mate. And if it does the job of a practice project for painting that's a start. In real life its trial and error unless its bomb disposal o_O
good luck with your build
20180613_195537255_iOS.jpg This is a picture of my first attempt at a scratch build and its made from bits of all sorts of things I've found ! Its still a work in progress or WIP as they like to call it !

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've posted, but I spent some time looking at my BF helmet last night after hearing the sad news about Jeremy. Courtesy of the fantastic resources and inspiration you all provide, here are some pics of my completed helmet. And, yes, as admitted earlier in this post I did get the bucket from eBay and it will have inaccuracies, as will my first attempt at such a specific paint job, and first ever use of an air brush!

Thanks for looking.

BF FINISHED 4.jpg
BF FINISHED 5.jpg
BF FINISHED 6.jpg
BF FINISHED 7.jpg
BF FINISHED 2.jpg
BF FINISHED 3.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back