Hello from Texas - 54 years old, my Boba Fett Journey begins today

MojoTurbo

Active Hunter
Hello all - i've been waiting a long time for this. So far, I have costume builds for

- Robin Hood
- Han Solo
- Indiana Jones
- Jack Sparrow
- A Jedi
- and I'm finishing up Kylo Ren this year

I've always wanted to do Boba Fett, but been scared by the price tag - but just decided that if I don't start - i'll never finish.

Took the leap and bought all of my soft parts at once - getting them custom made to my measurements.

But I told my brother (who is a member here) that I was starting and he was kind enough to send me a HUGE BOX of ROTJ parts that he'd been saving.

20220519_125623.jpg

Now Of course ... I know what a lot of this stuff is ... but was hoping maybe some of you could even help me identify the prop maker? If possible.

I always like to know who / where things came from?

For instance - I think "shoes" are my next purchase (start from the feet and work my way up) and I know these are the toe spikes

20220520_163200.jpg

20220520_163207.jpg

anyone recognize them? And then I'll need instructions on how to put them on? I am guessing they screw in?

Thanks for the help and the community,

Blessings

Welcome to the hunt! It’s a long journey but it’s worth it. Just take your time.

Looks like you’ve got a 7CS jetpack, which is an excellent option.

The toe spikes do generally screw into the soles of the boots (lots of folks add some kind of glue or epoxy too), but the bag they are in actually comes from a found part greeblie that goes on the jetpack.

Definitely start a build thread and you’ll get plenty of advice and support.

Welcome to the hunt! It’s a long journey but it’s worth it. Just take your time.

Looks like you’ve got a 7CS jetpack, which is an excellent option.

The toe spikes do generally screw into the soles of the boots (lots of folks add some kind of glue or epoxy too), but the bag they are in actually comes from a found part greeblie that goes on the jetpack.

Definitely start a build thread and you’ll get plenty of advice and support.
Welcome to the hunt from a fellow Texan.

Hey everyone -thanks for the welcome !!! I'm working on ROTJ, I dont need 501st acceptance. I am doing this purely for myself and my own enjoyment.

I'll be needing a recommendations for all my armor pieces - including helmet.
I wont be painting myself - as I dont trust myself.

But as pointed about - I do have a jetpack. Was quoted $500 for paint and assembly. So I think I need the beacon for the top of it, and the harness to finish the jet pack

20220520_162643.jpg

$500 for a ROTJ paint up is pretty dang reasonable!

Are you currently looking for helmet and armor? How tall are you?

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back