New/High Res Scan PP1 image

Neo Fett

Active Hunter
I posted this over in the Facebook group, figured I would here too. The general consensus seems to be either this is a new photograph, or there was no good quality scan.

My Garrison inducted Jim Swearingen into the 501st this past weekend. He gave out signed cards with this picture of PP1 on it.

270123-120418.jpg

Some of the other PP1 photos show the same strap hanging down but it is almost always tucked behind the ammo belt. I'm curious about the boots having white/grey piping on them instead of black.

Wow thanks for posting that image. I saw that a while ago here:
5419557459_a8fa91e7cc_b.jpg

Also note that this is the Pre-Pro #1 v1 or the eyes helmet. It is basically the same as the v2 (the ears helmet), but lacks the chest logo (possibly the left shoulder logo too) and the killstripe, while the eyes on the helmet are in the original position:
Original vs Final Cape.jpg

From what I can tell the strap looks like its attached to just the flack vest and is probably just a pull point to help adjust the vest when the jetpack is on.
It's present here:
Boba Fett Supertrooper Costume Test Fitting
But not here:
Boba Fett Supertrooper Costume Test Fitting

You can also see the end of the harness belt is tapered in this photo but its not on the super trooper photos. Also the loop is pretty visible:
Boba Fett First Prototype Costume

The last thing I noticed was that the PP1 has wiring running under the ab plate in the exact same spot but seems to be in front of the flack vest but the loop seems to be behind it:
Boba Fett First Prototype Costume

I'm not sure what the wiring is for but it doesn't seem to be present on the SuperTrooper but is something attached to the vest since it comes off with the vest:
Boba Fett First Prototype Costume - Assembly

Here's a better image of the strap (the one mentioned by Funkyred):
Vest Strap.jpg

I think Drax might be right regarding its purpose, more exactly the strap was used to pull down the front of the vest when the jetpack was mounted (it's possible that the strap was present only on the Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1 vest, which was more like a prototype). As for the wires, it is known that the Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1 suit had a functional speaker behind the abdominal plate which was connected to a microphone (see more in this thread ==> SuperTrooper Footage - New Link on StarWars.com). Later the speaker was added to the ESB Hero abdominal plate (?), which later was repainted in the ROTJ colors:
Boba-Fett-Costume-MoM-121601A-112.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-MoM-121601A-115.jpg

Here's a better image of the strap (the one mentioned by Funkyred):
View attachment 170166

I think Drax might be right regarding its purpose, more exactly the strap was used to pull down the front of the vest when the jetpack was mounted (it's possible that the strap was present only on the Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1 vest, which was more like a prototype). As for the wires, it is known that the Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1 suit had a functional speaker behind the abdominal plate which was connected to a microphone (see more in this thread ==> SuperTrooper Footage - New Link on StarWars.com). Later the speaker was added to the ESB Hero abdominal plate (?), which later was repainted in the ROTJ colors:
View attachment 170167

View attachment 170168
Where was the microphone situated Rafalfett?

Ah yes I see it , I thought they may have replaced the speaker with a larger one because it was to small . it must have been turned up to maximum to create the feedback mentioned in the super trooper video.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back