New Found gauntlet part

Some of you may know that an automotive timing light was used as a laser gun in Moonraker.
They were still being manufactured a few years ago. A Bond collector I know was able to order
a box of them with no internal parts from the manufacturer. Maybe that is an option.

Last edited:
So glad to finally see this out in the open! My hat is off to your research.
I'd like to add that the one in the Archives is black plastic, not red or white. This indicates a different make or older run than what we see pics of. However the shapes look very similar so maybe the tooling didn't change meaning any one of these could be very useful to the community!

I ordered one and the same happened like JimmyC wrote in his first post: they sent me the rounded (orange) version instead of the one they had as a picture on the website. Then I wrote them I want to return because its not the product from the picture. Today a message arrived and they asked if I want it if it matches the picture. I answered them YES and ow its time to wait.

Amazing job guys!!, this has been a long time suspicion of mine, that the whipcord housing was a found part, JimmyC Bravo!.
I’m in contact with a Uk supplier, iv been on the phone this morning with the sales manager, who was extremely helpful. Hopefully this leads somewhere.

I ordered one and the same happened like JimmyC wrote in his first post: they sent me the rounded (orange) version instead of the one they had as a picture on the website. Then I wrote them I want to return because its not the product from the picture. Today a message arrived and they asked if I want it if it matches the picture. I answered them YES and ow its time to wait.
If they end up getting you the right part you should ask how many of those they have because we could clear out their stock.

I went through that process with Labworld in the UK. They said the exact same thing.

Found it in GERMANY. 63.00 EUROS
20211026_171610.jpg

Agreed. Unless you spoke with someone on the phone and they physically took a look at their stock and verified it looks the same as on their website, chances are low you'll get the old version as pictured.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back