New Found gauntlet part

JimmyC

Active Hunter
Long time no see TDH! Guess what I found?!

zUNxoUxl.jpg

So, I thought it might be about time that I shared something I’ve been holding onto for a while now. Now with all the new interest in all things Fett and people coming out of the woodwork with the most obscure “found” items, maybe there’s someone out there that can help.

The back story; I joined the group years ago and was bitten by the found item bug quite quickly after seeing a friend's collection in person (who will remain nameless). Anyways, I’m sure most of you have seen the ESB Supertrooper Boba Fett Document that lists a bunch of “parts”. I remember seeing someone’s description of these pointing them out on a silhouette of Fett and thinking “well what about that part there?”.

5axOthMl.jpg

I started to dig into what that part was and I believe I found it! The trouble is, over the last several years I have not been able to track one down. So here is what I got… The “gaslighter” on the ILM list (above) is actually on the gauntlet (just a different place). This Item I have identified as a - 3B Scientific Piezoelectric Charge Source - U8490210

AjcaNGll.jpg

Here is the issue… This style of "gas lighter" was discontinued and replaced with one with the exact same ID number. I have contacted the company in Germany and that's what they told me at least- and they have yet to update the images on their website. I then scoured the internet looking for one and purchased several, had them show up at my house, and ended up being incorrect. Even eBay- so make sure to contact sellers before ordering-

(Here is what actually shows up)
Y0ZPajal.jpg

DWYo4ZNl.jpg

When I contact sales departments, I explain it as a “thumb trigger” rather than the “squeeze type”, I don’t know how else to explain it.

This post is a long time coming, I’m sorry it couldn’t have been a while ago. I really would like to find one myself but I’m at a dead end, so if someone out there finds more than a couple of them, please let me know. :)

Happy hunting.

JimmyC

Holy moly good find! I’ve read several people speculate about this being a barbecue lighter, but this is the first I’ve seen someone identify a probable model. Great work!

That bit on the side of the dart gauntlet has it been identified. It looks spot on to an old gas cooker ignitor we used to have, where the curved bit is was a big old orange triger if you call it that which was palm sized.

If you have time, tell us how you found this. Would love to know how you came across it.

Just talked to 3B Scientific on the phone, the US branch. Very unhelpful. I got the feeling I was interrupting the rep's afternoon nap. She claimed there was zero info on any previous version in their company records.

Last edited:
I tried to find one for myself on the cheap, and didn't really have luck, but I did find this white version from Germany if anyone can make any use of it. :)

FYI I did already email them with questions before we inundate these poor unsuspecting German-folk to some high powered Boba nerdiness.

71926.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, thank you. I've been sitting on this for several years. Only myself and a few others have been looking for the past six or seven years. We have pretty much exhausted most of the standard places to look.

Here are all of my dead ends:

wwemsequip.com December 2014
DrMass.com February 2015
3bscientific.com February 2015
everymarket.com June 2015
stomabags.com June 2015
Several ebay companies, every few months over that last several years
Amazon

Definitely, contact sellers and double check before buying. It will save you a ton of time. Since the image appears to be what you want, but the new version is what they have in stock.
If you have time, tell us how you found this. Would love to know how you came across it.

Just talked to 3B Scientific on the phone, the US branch. Very unhelpful. I got the feeling I was interrupting the rep's afternoon nap. She claimed there was zero info on any previous version in their company records.

I got that same feeling. here is my email I got back from them in 2015 :

James,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortuantely, we only have what you call the “squeeze button” type as you describe it. The picture on our website is the one supplied from our factory in Germany. We are checking to see if it needs to be updated.

Sorry we aren’t able to help you.

American 3B Scientific…going one step further

Brad Butkovich | Head of Customer Service
2189 Flintstone Drive | Suite O | Tucker, GA 30084 | USA
Tel: +1.678.405.5609 | Fax: +1.678.405.5736
3bscientific.com | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Google +

By the way, it's still not updated....

Anyways, to answer your question. I found this by tracing the part as a vector shape (it was either adobe illustrator or Fireworks), saved it out as a simple shape without all of the background gauntlet and geeblies, and then I did a reverse image search on Google. Came right up and I about collapsed.

-JimmyC

Absolutely fantastic work! I always suspected it was a stupid injection molded plastic outer shell from something with a trigger there, and even had been trying to mimic all that in my 3d model designs. Cant tell you how satisfying it is to see that all suspected was indeed true. :love:

IF someone finds one, Id be more than willing to create a free source 3D model STL file for folks on the forum to 3D print these parts at will.
I will also have some exciting new “White Whale” ESB gauntlet foundpart find information to share with you all very soon, once my own research on it is more solidified, hopefully sometime this Nov/Dec.
Gauntlets research has always been horribly sparse, I feel, compared to the rest of the suit stuff, and thats why it has largely my hunting/research focus over the last decade in addition to blaster stuff. Im just so happy we’re finally solving these last Fett secrets that should have honestly already been found and ID’d so long ago

The good thing is these photos look to be relatively “new” in regards to the old models being made. So we’re probably looking at something that was still produced in this approximate form as late as say maybe 10 or so years ago if not less. Hopefully this means they’ll be fairly readily available/findable still once a reliable source/stockpile for them is found

The good thing is these photos look to be relatively “new” in regards to the old models being made. So we’re probably looking at something that was still produced in this approximate form as late as say maybe 10 or so years ago if not less. Hopefully this means they’ll be fairly readily available/findable still once a reliable source/stockpile for them is found
I've been digging around and have stumbled across a few instruction manuals and catalogs. The new style is pictured in a manual from 2011 & 2015 and in a product catalogue from 2016 & 2018.

I also found an instruction manual from 2007 of the old style. So that would lead me to believe it was changed somewhere between 2007 and 2011.

Attached are all the manuals if anyone can pick apart something useful.

Attachments

• 1000923_DE.pdf
    208.4 KB · Views: 222
  • oldstyle_2007.pdf
    158.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Produktbeschreibung-1000923_DE.pdf
    35.4 KB · Views: 196
  • U8490210_EN.pdf
    87.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back