My ROTJ journal

i started to make my own boba fett costume after watching you build yours and i have one question about your gauntlets, what kind of material is it made from. it almost looks like thick papper ?

Do you live in England? If yes get to your local hobby craft and get what's called "grey board" 3mm thick....its used as a backing card for pictures

It's basically compressed fiber cardboard... can get it in A2 size sheets it's perfect for building things like this.....you must dampen the card before you bend it or it leaves fold lines in it.... use a misting bottle like an empty bottle of kitchen cleaner or something....mist the out side of it then bend to shape....I used watered down PVA to seal it and fiber glassed the inside ..

Looks fantastic man! Two questions: Did you peel up the mask every time or just apply new mask over what you already had down? For your Humbrol paints, did you use enamel or acrylic? Looking forward to seeing it finished!

Looks fantastic man! Two questions: Did you peel up the mask every time or just apply new mask over what you already had down? For your Humbrol paints, did you use enamel or acrylic? Looking forward to seeing it finished!

Thanks man
(y)

I peel off then apply again between coats of paint, that way you can cover the silver and a little bit of the yellow edging, then lay down the green over it. I use all Humbrol colors apart for the main green; that was Tamiya acrylic XF-63 Green. there was no problems laying it over the Humbrol.

I am actually done with this ROTJ SE Fett, its all painted and weathered, I even modded a massive bag to carry it around in, all I have left to do is the girth belt (that I have to make again) the I will post up pics of the finally

So in short it's almost over... :cry

7 months 17 days into it so far, I worked it out to be about 514 hours work...

Thanks man
(y)

I peel off then apply again between coats of paint, that way you can cover the silver and a little bit of the yellow edging, then lay down the green over it. I use all Humbrol colors apart for the main green; that was Tamiya acrylic XF-63 Green. there was no problems laying it over the Humbrol.

I am actually done with this ROTJ SE Fett, its all painted and weathered, I even modded a massive bag to carry it around in, all I have left to do is the girth belt (that I have to make again) the I will post up pics of the finally

So in short it's almost over... :cry

7 months 17 days into it so far, I worked it out to be about 514 hours work...

Wow! Well worth it though!

Ok this is it!! all painted and weathered I am minus the girth belt but that is being re made as we speak, and excuse the wires you may see that to has now been hidden I am 99% done!! with my SE ROTJ Fett

I got a huge bag to carry it around in, made a modular insert and padded it all out, this way I can get it around without damage, I feel this journal is not over just yet as I need to mount it so something else will follow after :D

here we go

20160218_101327_zpsg9c9mlvl.jpg

20160218_111034_zpsgpik98a9.jpg

20160218_111053_zpsceajeswd.jpg

20160218_111102_zpspnenyegb.jpg

20160218_111127_zpsh0gx0z8h.jpg

20160218_111137_zpse2urbhke.jpg

20160218_111153_zpslfgthaau.jpg

20160218_111202_zps2wyi5pls.jpg

20160218_111207_zps250q6f1x.jpg

20160218_111231_zpsibpb0kyh.jpg

20160218_111322_zps1wnyylgo.jpg

20160218_111414_zpsjis3rqv6.jpg

20160218_111422_zps6qqpf02r.jpg

20160218_111429_zpszldtajev.jpg

20160218_111457_zpsozsa7grw.jpg

20160218_111558_zpswchmr2yu.jpg

20160218_111607_zpsxepxfly9.jpg

20160218_111504_zps7fg6xzu2.jpg

So next time you see me I will be at Swind-Con on the 5th march (with girth belt) for showcase :cool totally excited for this cannot wait

A huge HUGE thank you at this point for all the information that has been given out here and to all the Dented Helmet Members that have guided me along the way, also for all the wonderful comments I have received thank you guys you are to nice. its in no doubt over for me at this point but to see the end of this project is amazing I will aim higher next time round for what ever I decide to do ESB perhaps??

Thanks again guys, I will be sticking around with more updates (y)

Looks amazing. It was a long time with a lot of hard work I'm sure but it has definitely paid off.

I've enjoyed following this thread throughout and thanks for inspiring myself and others to build our own stuff.

Congrats

looks good man (y) perhaps you could try building IG88 or something :D would look good beside boba

I have seen an IG88 build and that is a challenge for sure!

Well my girth belt parts arrived, the red rope is a bit to red but I can dull it down no problem. Now I have these little gems that are almost identical to the original, brand new from a very popular auction site and they were only a few pound each

for anyone looking for a girth belt or girth belt parts just look for things like ''Horse girth belt'' or ''Horse girth'' even just Horse buckles... as the girth belt it's self is part of a horse saddle

20160219_184818_zpsa2virwyt.jpg

(y)

Just fantastic. Nice to see it came together in time.

Time to submit for 501st to give you more opportunities to wear that beast.

Great job!

EDIT

Also, did you ever list what you used for the chest armor lights? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Just fantastic. Nice to see it came together in time.

Time to submit for 501st to give you more opportunities to wear that beast.

Great job!

EDIT

Also, did you ever list what you used for the chest armor lights? Thanks

The chest lights were from Fett Tronics great set up can choose the order of lights you want and Boba Maker even cut the slit to match them for me...

501st...maybe :confused
Sttryker

I remeber saying that to my self, keep going and you will get to the end (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
this build is awsome man i do have one question for you. ive been thinking of scratch building a ee3 , where did you get the toy gun you used for the base

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back