My ROTJ journal

I have some more photos from yesterday shoot :cool I was given two sets one hi res and one low for different types of publication.

JMWI2973web_zpsbgtbzt4k.jpg

JMWI2906_zpsnnx7f7mn.jpg

JMWI2922_zps3ukgxxpt.jpg

JMWI2934web_zpsconzmvic.jpg

JMWI2967web_zpsdkprhiv0.jpg

JMWI2971_zpsshkilyle.jpg

JMWI2985web_zps6apfsltq.jpg

They are damn good I think,

anyway enough showing off :lol: I will need to darken down an weather the flak vest a bit more before Swind-Con in July and make a few mods to the ammo belt so that's next on the to do list

Need some advice. I was on the 501st UK Garrison web site and I am thinking about getting my build 501st approved. I was looking at the ROTJ SE version of Fett in more detail and it seems I need to mod my outfit more than I thought, a few things to note is there is only one hose on the right, the JP thruster nozzles have the red paint on them and the ammo belt has 12 pouches two with buttons on them!, not to mention the helmet has more damage than the standard ESB version (the one used in the SE fett)

the biggest objective is the helmet paint, as long as its a case of adding paint and not taking away I can do that but the above mentioned changes are but a few I can find.

looks like I need to research the special edition Fett a bit more closely, I will say the 501st criteria is very closely looked at that's for sure. I need to go and look at every known image of the SE Fett as possible and make these changes if I want to get it 501st certified!

As a new member who is going to try to self build too, and not afraid of a bit 'o' DIY, I just found this thread to be incredibly invaluable because it touches on so much all in one place.
Thanks so much for taking your time to document your steps.

As a new member who is going to try to self build too, and not afraid of a bit 'o' DIY, I just found this thread to be incredibly invaluable because it touches on so much all in one place.
Thanks so much for taking your time to document your steps.

Thanks If there is is anything I can help with let me know, I documented everything only some of it made it here and I have it all in a folder, its basically a ''how to'' guide to Boba Fett

(y)

So close to Swind-Con now hope I can slip into the after party with the movie stars most of the Red Dwarf crew will be there :p

I got 6 more ammo pouches in the works to make it the full 14 Special Edition Boba Fett but I face an aesthetics issue, the right gauntlet has the two lower hoses removed and In the SE version and I think I may leave them on, I cant get this 100% on ball I have settled with that but I don't want it to look like a part is missing :lol:

I need to get painting the thruster parts red if they are indeed red (the little cross part) source material for the SE Fett is hard to come by that's for sure!

In an effort to tidy up all the wiring in my outfit I am sure its close to 20 meters of it throughout various parts. I have got some wiring loom tape (the same stuff used on cars) I found this stuff to be the best
20160526_184915_zpsnjqjl3n7.jpg

It's just tape but its made of very soft malleable cloth and sticks very well to its self, It took about 2 hours removing all these wires and taping them up but the end result is is a very professional look and feel to it, I would highly recommend using it if some of you guys are all wired up like me, I actually have a thick 3 cable loom that runs out the helmet then connects in the neck seal, this has always been sharp and catchy on my neck but now I can't notice it.

20160525_194452_zps3o54ywat.jpg

20160526_185155_zps4fajzyuo.jpg

20160507_210638_zps27p770ik.jpg

20160526_184841_zpsi88zavhk.jpg

all in all a tidy feel to it and keeps everything in place with a bit of velcro. (y)

So my attempts to take my outfit to the next level I joined the Uk garrison of the 501st, going through the motions the belt was pointed out as not totally accurate, but thats just the tip of the ice berg I can see it coming :lol:

anyway the agreed 'version' of the Special Edition Fett is in simple terms the ROTJ hero costume with ESB helmet with added damage and not the Don Bies version simple reason is by that time the Bies version was of the boba fett outfit was in very poor state and would just look horrid on a troop if that was replicated.

what the SE version is supposed to look like is indeed ROTJ Hero and ESB bucket.

So I start with the belt... and it has indeed 12little ammo pouches with the saddle bag pouches looped over the belt. so I had a few more of them made up and re fitted the big side pouches

Old

20160206_223732_zpsgabmhsfe.jpg

New

20160529_145357_zpsaavzahtm.jpg

I need to add the little press buttons and weather it, in a nut shell I had to cut off the flaps flip them over and re attach to the opposite pouches as they had velcro bonded to it, so when I tore it off it had glue lines, anyway.. belt fixed...

This thing is going to sag badly I can see it, so I may put some press buttons on it and attach to the flight suit, also with the added 4 ammo pouches the side pouches are almost resting on your butt!....thats just how it is.

(y)

I'm also building a ROTJ SE and I learned there are essentially two versions; the one featured in the film and the one used in promo shots. Things to look out for are gauntlets hoses (number of hoses and placements), chest armor dents and paint schemes, left knee armor paint scheme, and ankle spats color. These are just the ones mentioned in the Bounty Hunters Guild forum here (look for the sentences in bold): Sign In - The Bounty Hunters Guild . I'm doing more research too. Good luck!

I'm also building a ROTJ SE and I learned there are essentially two versions; the one featured in the film and the one used in promo shots. Things to look out for are gauntlets hoses (number of hoses and placements), chest armor dents and paint schemes, left knee armor paint scheme, and ankle spats color. These are just the ones mentioned in the Bounty Hunters Guild forum here (look for the sentences in bold): Sign In - The Bounty Hunters Guild . I'm doing more research too. Good luck!

Great source, share what you find and we can have good SE Fett ''guideline'' to follow.

Technically the SE Fett also used a different jet pack (one of the battle damaged versions) and had distinctly different weathering on the belt pouches between the promo and film shots.

There are a slew of other differences and that CRL is currently targeted for update by Major the BH detachment lead. I highly recommend talking to him about any of your changes you are making before you go down a road where you need to change stuff due to a different CRL being posted.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically the SE Fett also used a different jet pack (one of the battle damaged versions) and had distinctly different weathering on the belt pouches between the promo and film shots.

There are a slew of other differences and that CRL is currently targeted for update by @Major the BH detachment lead. I highly recommend talking to him about any of your changes you are making before you go down a road where you need to change stuff due to a different CRL being posted.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Every time I ask about the SE Fett there is always a new story omn how it should look, think I may just change the paint on the helmet and do the standard hero ROTJ and be done with it. also I think you are right I need to look at the CRL and I did,

501st Legion: Vader's Fist

and its empty, gah!

(y)

(y)

Every time I ask about the SE Fett there is always a new story omn how it should look, think I may just change the paint on the helmet and do the standard hero ROTJ and be done with it. also I think you are right I need to look at the CRL and I did,

501st Legion: Vader's Fist

and its empty, gah!

(y)

(y)
The CRL is not empty, it's being worked on as we speak by Major. The rough draft of the CRL is on thebhg.net, but I would contact Major on thebhg for specific questions. Since the costume CRL is not complete he would weigh in on your costume submission.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Does this Major have influence over the 501st Garrison when it come to their apporval? so he is part of the 501st in that sense? I just don't want to cause arguments on two different fourms and act as the middle man :lol:

All I can ascertain from the 501st UK garrison is for their approval it's your ROTJ hero and ESB lid with added damage and that's the standard they are looking for a good base line SE version. I seen the damaged jetpack version and extra weathering here and there, and to me and it's all a bit to damaged looking almost like it's gone beyond somethings that is widely recognizable.

That said I will join the BHG and ask a few questions, see what feedback I get and advice

Many thanks Crumdum (y)

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back