My New Helmet - is this a Deluxe? *PICS*

Here's my helmet as of today, with mods, cushioning, ventilation, and more accurate (of course, this will be a custom-scheme helmet, mix in between ESB and ROTJ, without compromising the ROTJ look too much. (Shadows of the Empire, perhaps).

Cushion, 9V battery connector and on/off switch,

pubimage.asp

Cushioning and CPU fan installed,

pubimage.asp

Ventilation screen in the rear (inside),

pubimage.asp

from the outside,

pubimage.asp

Green left side painted silver, and "kill marks" repaint,

pubimage.asp

RF repaint and REAL weathered, plus RF "screen",

pubimage.asp

Front view in the sun,

pubimage.asp

and forehead "arrows" detail painted.

pubimage.asp

Hope you guys like my progress (just a little), and I'm still missing just a few little details.

Robert

TK9120 wrote:

Nice helmet Robert! Did you paint it yourself?

No, it was already painted and weathered with real scratches and stuff, but I had to fix just a few things of color, like the RF and the earcaps, and added the padding, CPU fan and the screen in the "coin slots", which I added like some kind of "knobs", like the original ESB helmet. The helmet came just like the first pics that are at the beginning of this thread.
I didn't want to change the back of the helmet in color, cause the original weathering is so good, that I prefer to leave it as it is, like almost a custom Mandalore, but I'm doing this one like a mix between ESB and ROTJ...like the stunt helmet used in ROTJ, but it was an ESB helmet. Only slightly different color earcaps and back...and I'm still missing the decals for the helmet, which I have to put on soon.

Robert

Now, I've been thinking about this, and I think that the back needs to be re-painted. I had a dream, that someone...somewhere wasn't agreed or happy with the paint in the back. I was thinking about masking the already weathered areas with grey and Spruce Green, and painting the rest with Krylon Kelly Green and then weather it Flat Black "airbrush way", the way it was before.

I already installed the "knobs" in the last two knobs down and it still looks good, but still, I'm not happy about the dream and the color. I need counseling to see if I should do that.

Robert

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but I have visited it many times!
I am in the process of expanding my collection of helmets, and its finally time for the great "dented" one =)

I hope you guys can help me, or point me in the right direction. Where can I get a Deluxe Boba bucket?? Recast!

Cheers

Tobias
SWEDEN

coinprop wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but I have visited it many times!
I am in the process of expanding my collection of helmets, and its finally time for the great "dented" one =)

I hope you guys can help me, or point me in the right direction. Where can I get a Deluxe Boba bucket?? Recast!

Cheers

Tobias
SWEDEN

Hi coinprop, the best place to find a DP Delux or recast of it is on ebay. That is the only place I have seen them.
Wecome to TDH.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back