My first Boba Fett ROTJ Helmet

The helmet came out great, but you'll have to lose the viewfinder on the rangefinder (the ROTJ does not have one):

ROTJ Helmet.jpg

Hi Guys,
thanks for replying and taking your time! :D

RafalFett: Thanks for the hint. I know that this is the wrong vf for the rf, but it came with this set.
At the moment I have no other one and to be honest no idea where to get the correct one. :notworthy:

I'll be starting my ROTJ helmet soon. Boba Maker just shipped it out. With the current state of things it's been taking 8+ weeks to reach me. It's good to see these colors on here. Also nice spot on the rangefinder RafalFett that extra little square shape on the VF, while not painted black as in the ESB variant, had me looking on Boba Maker's website to verify, and he does indeed offer two styles (ESB & ROTJ) But here's what I'll expect in the next 8+ weeks.

Boba Maker ROTJ Helmet V4.jpg

I'll be applying the paint via an iWata Eclipse HP-CS airbrush. It'll be my first time airbrushing anything so I may take a few practice runs on my '96 Don Post that I have. Which I was gonna use at first and even went so far as to remove the plastic T-Visor and picked up a welding visor on amazon for.

Don Post 3.jpg
Don Post 8.jpg

Don Post Project 1.jpg

But have decided against this as the build price for everything ROTJ has now exceeded $3000. Coupling my ROTJ build with a Don Post bucket and Boba Maker Armor and Arkady Flight Suit may look a bit odd. So I thought I'd just bite down and spend the extra $395.00 to get a nice bucket. In the meantime, I'll rebuild the Don Post with a new paint job and add in the visor for display purposes. I'm confident I can do a better paint job than Mr. Post has done on this piece. ;)

Thanks,
-Iron

Outstanding work!!! I have some Tamiya for an ROTJ paintjob, what ratio do you recommend for the Dunkelgrün RLM82 (XF-71/XF-53/XF-73)?

Hey guys,
if someone might want to use Tamiya Acrylics for his next airbrush ROTJ paint Job, here is a list of my used colors. If there is more than one Color it was a mixture.

The Color Name is the reference from Rafal's stencils!

Base
Bright Silver Tamiya X11

Back Plates

Base Metal Tamiya XF53
SP Lark Dark Grey Tamiya X10
CNW Green Tamiya XF70 + XF5

Keyslot

Base Metal 2 Tamiya XF56
Carboose Tamiya XF9 ? Not done yet

Lower Cheek

Schwarzgrün RLM 70 Tamiya XF17 + XF70
Base Metal 2 Tamiya XF56
Fern Green Tamiya XF71 + XF19
Dunkelgrün RLM 82 Tamiya XF71 + XF53 + XF73

Dome

Lark Dark Grey Tamiya X10
Base Metal Tamiya XF53
Dunkelgrün RLM 82 Tamiya XF71 + XF53 + XF73

Upper Cheeks

Lark Dark Grey Tamiya X10

Killstripes

South Pacific Scarlett Tamiya X6 ? Not done yet

Mandibles

Lark Dark Grey 53 Tamiya X10
I love your paintjob, currently making one for myself! What ratio did you use for the Dulkelgrün RLM 82 dome and cheeks (XF-73/XF-53/XF71)?

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back