My experience with Minutefett

I have purchased thousands of dollars in pieces from several different vendors on TDH. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but since I've been on here it looks like only MF gets attacked the way he does. And I personally hate when I see people get picked on. This is the only place in my life I see someone get nagged constantly. He does deserve some criticism, but there is a difference between criticism and people constantly responding to him in a critical spirit. It's clear there are people with other motives that post immediately as soon as they see that they have a chance to criticize him.

Have you ever thought he might get attacked the way he does because he outright lies about the origin of his offerings every time until he is backed so far into the corner that he has to tell the truth? I have not had any personal dealings with MF but have seen it ever since he arrived as a vendor. As a seller, you can only be criticized for the expectations you set forth, so in essence he is setting himself up for failure.

Certain individuals are waiting for him to make a mistake so that they can report him, bash him and/or harass him and I don't buy that it is for the sole purpose of protecting the community, especially when they are bumping other vendor's threads on behalf of the other vendors lol.

If this isn't the kettle calling the pot, then I don't know what is. You are undoubtedly the most Pro-MF member of this board.

And at the same time, certain other vendors have threatened to sell off their assets in order to put MinuteFett out of business if he competed with them and caused them to lose money. That same individual pushed the OP to post this thread from the FB post.

What I don't really see is people with no motives bashing MinuteFett. It is super refreshing when someone posts something fair.

Since this is targeted specifically at me, I'll bite. I won't even address you twisting my words into what fits your narrative. I recommended that John make a post on a TDH for two simple reasons:

1. It is easier to read through the situation without having to deal with 10+ separate comment chains on a Facebook post.
2. It becomes easier for those researching what to buy to find any potential problems with a seller before they arise. This became really evident whenever Mike Rosa scammed a bunch of people. Having a forum post is more visible and easy to follow - simple as that.

You might be surprised by this, but I actually find that MF handled this conversation (or at least the parts he wanted us to see) very well. I have never had a conversation where the customer was that upset, but he kept his composure and from what we see it looks like he was trying to make John happy. Until John is able to prove otherwise I do think that is worth taking at face value.

With that being said, the only thing that matters is what items were promised and what items were received. The price is irrelevant. If you are supposed to be a reputable vendor and you agree to sell someone a full costume for $3.50, then the costume that person receives should be what you promised -- No more, no less. That should be the sole focus here. If I were researching buying a costume I would want to know all of this information. Would I be worried about quality given what I've seen? Yes. Would I feel better knowing that Luis appears to have tried to make things right? Also yes.

Well, the issues with the items are the issues with the items, but it reads to me like there is a degree of competitive point scoring going on here.
Hilarious.
Haha looks like it from those posts . To his credit MF at least uses the forum, shows his wares and explains himself and tries to address the issues.

Anybody building a fett or who owns one that they wear and troop in understands the daily struggles the costume entails. I haven't owned a flightsuit or vest I haven't had to alter on numerous occasions. You put weight on, measurements get mixed up for instance. I got really freindly with my local seemstess she was always asking "what is this waist coat and jumpsuit?"

Regarding broken pieces this unfortunately is part and parcel of owning a trooping fett. Something snaps, breaks off or comes away on or before every troop. A first aid box with glue, press studs, self adhesive velcro, rare earth magnets are essential. I gave up on my servo, tempremental as f**k..... Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

Haha looks like it from those posts . To his credit MF at least uses the forum, shows his wares and explains himself and tries to address the issues.

Anybody building a fett or who owns one that they wear and troop in understands the daily struggles the costume entails. I haven't owned a flightsuit or vest I haven't had to alter on numerous occasions. You put weight on, measurements get mixed up for instance. I got really freindly with my local seemstess she was always asking "what is this waist coat and jumpsuit?"

Regarding broken pieces this unfortunately is part and parcel of owning a trooping fett. Something snaps, breaks off or comes away on or before every troop. A first aid box with glue, press studs, self adhesive velcro, rare earth magnets are essential. I gave up on my servo, tempremental as f**k..... Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

Elliott, I think you're being a bit over generous here.

Clearly to me, it appears that Minute Fett's competitors have taken an opportunity to undermine a rival. For the avoidance of doubt, I am working on the assumption that 'Robert Nicholas' is RnBUDA, the self proclaimed 'man in the chair' for Wasteland and I think it's appropriate that this is added to the context of the thread. Other threads seem to indicate a lot of bad feeling over the metal ears issue and that is also important context. We've seen these kind of vendor clashes before; some were a while ago although some were more recent.

As for board participation; there are plenty of other vendors who don't spend much time here or haven't for a long time. It is good that MF takes the time to explain the issues although it would be better not to have issues to explain. From that perspective, I am of the view that once someone has decided to make their involvement a business then that is exactly what it becomes. There are examples that it can work; Bobamaker springs to mind as the longest running success story but, equally, I haven't seen a 'Wasteland owes me' thread either.

However, I don't think you can explain away some of the issues of what has been sent out on the basis that things get broken when playing dress up, which is how it reads. Things might get broken while dressing up but they shouldn't be broken before the dressing up actually occurs; that doesn't make any kind of sense! Using that logic it'd be okay for a car dealer to sell me a car with a knackered clutch on the basis that all cars break down sooner or later.

Peace

Andy

Good points there, Andy. I had the feeling from the beginning on that there was more to it than the black/white story as some people tried to put it.

Andy,

I do help Wasted Fett answer DMs here and bump his sales thread. I’m not paid for this role in any capacity. I also find it important that people with stories about vendors be posted. I was the same with Rick Ponte (who was a personal friend and owes me $500), Fett Pride (who owes me gauntlets and a holster) and Mike Rosa (who continued to rip off customers by sending broken commissions and pieces he claimed he painted but didn’t). Read my posts on all MinuteFett’s posts. I’m asking straight up questions that get no answers. If there’s people with issues with Wasted Fett not delivering once they’ve paid in full or commissions that didn’t hit expectations, I would love to see those. There’s a difference between wear and tear and getting a brand new commission.

My issues with MinuteFett are the lack of answering any direct questions and transparency. Even in this thread showing private messages really doesn’t prove either him or the original poster right. If the community could get straight answers for the following issues which I’ve listed below I would have been a customer of MF myself but until then I am extremely skeptical of what’s actually happening behind the scenes.

1. Clay over painted abs armor. Never was fully explained who’s armor was under the clay and purpose.
2. Messages from JamoFett saying MF was going to use WF ESB battle damage to use on your smaller shoulders.
3. Selling FPH2 helmets with 2 week turn around times before acquiring molds.
4. Offering two types of Jango Fett production helmets before acquired preproduction mold from Australia.
5. Claiming mandalorian helmet has lineage to screen used when it most likely came from an early rendering.
6. Claiming hero helmet was 3D scam of hero, then 1st generation and then never answered.
7. Selling jetpacks without the molds to thrusters and rockets and then buying other vendors packs while telling his full commissions he doesn’t make them.
8. Claiming his reworked MR helmet was ROTJ lineage.

There’s been no issues with any other vendors selling either FP products or their own sculpts to the community.

As long as issues are being handled and talked about/taken care of, replacement parts sent, partial refunds, whatever the case is, etc. that just comes with the territory of what we do here. (I myself being someone who has forgotten to send a part on the random occasion or had something get damaged, etc. and had to make amends)
There has never been a suit that I purchased that I did not make adjustments or replacements on various components either.
Also, as many folks know, parts on costumes do break :sick: Doesn't necessarily mean quality is bad or there are any underlying issues. Heartbreaking of course,but goes with the territory.

I'm with intwenothor Let's not vendor clash here please. PMs would be more appropriate for that sort of communication if it is even necessary.

The big key here is MF does communicate. If someone really wanted to scam someone, they'd take money, peace out and not communicate ever, as we have seen in the past on here. Not to mention we are dealing with insane circumstances in this country, unreliable shipping times, lost packages, all kinds of garbage.
Maybe let's cut each other some slack. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

A word of my experience with him.

(This all happened months and months before the Covid 19 situation, before anyone tries to shift blame to that.)

He offered me a helmet cast in exchange for information on painting. Said helmet was “ready to ship” for weeks and weeks, until he finally just stopped responding all together. Of course, I did not buy this helmet so you may choose to disregard this anyways, but when you make an agreement with someone? It’s not unreasonable to expect they’d follow through. At the very least, if the situation had changed, a simple update would have been all that I needed. Instead, he chose to lie about the progress of the helmet and then just cut communication.

Furthermore, one of his helmet casts was meant to be sent my way for painting on behalf of a client. He mistakenly sent that helmet to the client in the UK instead of to me where the client had specified, and promised up and down he’d make it right, send the cast to me and let the UK client keep the bucket he mistakenly sent. Of course, that helmet never came either. Instead of making a promise with no intention to keep it, he could have simply apologized for the mistake and moved on. I am not bothered that these helmets never came. I am bothered by how quickly he will lie to temporarily smooth over issues until he can walk away from them. Communication is everything in this hobby, and if you can not be trusted at your word, you can not be trusted at all.

While I certainly wouldn’t call any of this a scam, he has shown to me he is not a man of his word. He lies about the origins of his pieces, lies about when he’ll ship things, and makes agreements with no follow through. That is enough to make sure I never do business with him nor send potential clients his way for casts. I just can’t trust him.

Last edited:
A word of my experience with him.

(This all happened months and months before the Covid 19 situation, before anyone tries to shift blame to that.)

He offered me a helmet cast in exchange for information on painting. Said helmet was “ready to ship” for weeks and weeks, until he finally just stopped responding all together. Of course, I did not buy this helmet so you may choose to disregard this anyways, but when you make an agreement with someone? It’s not unreasonable to expect they’d follow through. At the very least, if the situation had changed, a simple update would have been all that I needed. Instead, he chose to lie about the progress of the helmet and then just cut communication.

While I certainly wouldn’t call any of this a scam, he has shown to me he is not a man of his word. He lies about the origins of his pieces, lies about when he’ll ship things, and makes agreements with no follow through. That is enough to make sure I never do business with him nor send potential clients his way for casts. I just can’t trust him.

Hey Jackson,

I sent the mandalorian helmet to the address listed on Etsy and I even up sent them a different helmet free because I skipped over the notes regarding to ship to you.

I have since retired the mando molds and dont offer them anymore.

I was swamped late last year and was unorganized, I now keep all orders on Etsy to avoid confusion and your free helmet slipped through the cracks.
If you’d like another helmet that I make please let me know. No hard feelings.

As long as issues are being handled and talked about/taken care of, replacement parts sent, partial refunds, whatever the case is, etc. that just comes with the territory of what we do here. (I myself being someone who has forgotten to send a part on the random occasion or had something get damaged, etc. and had to make amends)
There has never been a suit that I purchased that I did not make adjustments or replacements on various components either.
Also, as many folks know, parts on costumes do break :sick: Doesn't necessarily mean quality is bad or there are any underlying issues. Heartbreaking of course,but goes with the territory.

I'm with intwenothor Let's not vendor clash here please. PMs would be more appropriate for that sort of communication if it is even necessary.

The big key here is MF does communicate. If someone really wanted to scam someone, they'd take money, peace out and not communicate ever, as we have seen in the past on here. Not to mention we are dealing with insane circumstances in this country, unreliable shipping times, lost packages, all kinds of garbage.
Maybe let's cut each other some slack. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

I totally agree with this post, imo there seems to be an orchestrated smear campaign against Minute fett both on and off board because of a vendor clash, its only purpose seems to be to tarnish/damage his name and dissuade anybody from purchasing his products. He has invested heavily in the Fett product line and needs encouragement and the backing of the TDH members instead of the constant negativity and attempts to undermine him. By his own admission he was over eager over stretched himself at the beginning and had now reduced his inventory. More product choice is good for the forum as a whole and can only be better for us all.

This post for instance was "prompted" from a post on The Dented helmet Facebook group and isn't an isolated case, anybody who uses both FB and Insta see's these attempts/comments off board to besmirch MF. If you throw enough mud unfortunately it sticks.

I think maybe admin should delete this thread because of its origins and ultimate purpose as it may breach the forum code of conduct, and also keep an eye on any future threads as to there origins and goals.

MISREPRESENTATION
Misrepresentation with the intent to harm any member, the administration, or TDH as a whole will result in an immediate and permanent ban. This includes but is not limited to any effort by an individual to besmirch the reputation of another member, the administration or TDH as a whole.

Last edited:
I wanted to take a second before anything happens to this thread to update on the situation I posted above.

Luis went out of his way to contact me and come up with a good way to close out our business. He updated me frequently and as far I know at this point, he did what he said he would do and a helmet is currently on its way to me. I didn’t want to wait until the helmet arrived in case this thread was locked before that happened.

I am still waiting to hear from my client in regards to the claims he was sent a replacement helmet, but for now, I wish you nothing but the best Luis. Be direct, don’t obscure the origins of your pieces.. and pace yourself. It’s better to under promise, and over deliver.. never the other way around..

All the best.
J

(PS, I’m assuming the above post is meant for the OP, but just in case I wanted to clarify. I don’t play sides, so leave me out of your little turf war.)

I totally agree with this post, imo there seems to be an orchestrated smear campaign against Minute fett both on and off board because of a vendor clash, its only purpose seems to be to tarnish/damage his name and dissuade anybody from purchasing his products. He has invested heavily in the Fett product line and needs encouragement and the backing of the TDH members instead of the constant negativity and attempts to undermine him. By his own admission he was over eager over stretched himself at the beginning and had now reduced his inventory. More product choice is good for the forum as a whole and can only be better for us all.

This post for instance was "prompted" from a post on The Dented helmet Facebook group and isn't an isolated case, anybody who uses both FB and Insta see's these attempts/comments off board to besmirch MF. If you throw enough mud unfortunately it sticks.

I think maybe admin should delete this thread because of its origins and ultimate purpose as it may breach the forum code of conduct, and also keep an eye on any future threads as to there origins and goals.

MISREPRESENTATION
Misrepresentation with the intent to harm any member, the administration, or TDH as a whole will result in an immediate and permanent ban. This includes but is not limited to any effort by an individual to besmirch the reputation of another member, the administration or TDH as a whole.

Warring vendors at The Dented Helmet; who would have thought such a thing possible?

Revolution, not evolution.

MISREPRESENTATION

So are all of the accusations and bad experiences that people are illustrating completely made up?

My experience of business with Minutefett. Even before the ban on this forum this person, I ordered a copy of the helmet from him, on June 19, for my birthday.
The helmet was sent, but the track number was not tracked, which is strange. I contacted the seller, he said that due to an error, the helmet returned to him, said that he would send it again. But no news since then.
It's probably not over yet. But if someone reads my message here , I do not recommend dealing with it.

My experience of business with Minutefett. Even before the ban on this forum this person, I ordered a copy of the helmet from him, on June 19, for my birthday.
The helmet was sent, but the track number was not tracked, which is strange. I contacted the seller, he said that due to an error, the helmet returned to him, said that he would send it again. But no news since then.
It's probably not over yet. But if someone reads my message here , I do not recommend dealing with it.
Contact him on Instagram or Facebook, he posts there frequently.

He still has his shop open on Etsy. Shouldn’t be taking orders if he can’t complete them in a timely fashion. 7+ months for a helmet cast is not good.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back