My experience with Minutefett

Bendingoak

New Hunter
I commissioned a full build of a ROTJ Boba Fett from Minutefett. Promised to build it and promised it would be 501st approval or he would keep working it until approval.

He also promised frequent communication.

still not 100% complete. Should have been completed in October.

first couple boxes I received the blaster wasn’t completed. Missing scope. It was also broke and repaired. Very concerning as everything was supposed to be new not broken and repaired.

was told he would replace it but he only sent the scope. No replacement.

sent it back to be fixed or replaced. Never got an replacement.

helmet had two problems. Servo doesn’t work and there is paint. Told me the paint was distressing.

right gauntlet has a nail holding part of the gauntlet together and most of the nail is bent and sticking out.

left gauntlet didn’t fit my arm but he did finally replaced that part.

flight suit didn’t fit and the armor part was put on by lapel pin backing. Never stayed on. No electronics for the chest armor. Got a replacement but no slits for harness straps to go through. New replacement backing works better but I know I’m going to loose a couple.

Harness he sent me was a fanny pack with straps and Velcro staples to the straps. So damn janky.

belt straps wasn’t completely sewn on and I had to fix that. Also leather belt with pockets. Velcro would pull off after one time using them. I had to fix that.

cod and butt plate didn’t fix and had to wait for two replacements before I had to fix it myself.

Jet pack was also broken and repaired and missing parts to the top of the rocket. At this point he said he couldn’t do the Jett pack anymore so wanted to refund me $400 and as you guys and gals already know you can’t get a good kit for that much and he didn’t even want to paint it so now I have to pay someone else to paint it.

Still missing my chin tools.

At this point I took the $400 and walking away and try to finish off this build myself with what I got from him.

This has taken much longer then what It should have. Costing much more then originally planned and now I’m left trying to salvage his poor job.

I would not recommend Minutefett at all. Stay away from him.

Attachments

• 13B2123D-785A-4856-9A24-934F4E976D09.jpeg
    13B2123D-785A-4856-9A24-934F4E976D09.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 584
  • B942915C-8774-44D8-9289-B18C75B0CE5C.jpeg
    B942915C-8774-44D8-9289-B18C75B0CE5C.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 559
  • 5F0B5757-4E42-4561-9846-6CB88F14C644.jpeg
    5F0B5757-4E42-4561-9846-6CB88F14C644.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 529
  • B5007796-4979-4196-B566-47B7C5DD8DFE.jpeg
    B5007796-4979-4196-B566-47B7C5DD8DFE.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 538
  • 9B5B1358-DE7D-4212-8456-844FA36B73B9.jpeg
    9B5B1358-DE7D-4212-8456-844FA36B73B9.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 534
  • 7AEC183D-6DAF-49D2-8042-EBFF502885A1.jpeg
    7AEC183D-6DAF-49D2-8042-EBFF502885A1.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 558
  • 516CF5EC-7119-4DA4-812A-2AE66388F8DB.jpeg
    516CF5EC-7119-4DA4-812A-2AE66388F8DB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 567
  • 5F82AEC5-3615-4EF6-B357-9D950A1F1F52.jpeg
    5F82AEC5-3615-4EF6-B357-9D950A1F1F52.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 586
So you paid for a full commission ROTJ suit which should have been completed in October 2019? What was the total cost you paid up front? $6,000?

It doesn't seem like ANYTHING from this commission was completed let alone delivered to you, would that be correct?

Just to clarify on the jet-pack... He said he couldn't make them anymore ( while selling them for $450 in the Cargo hold) and only refunding you $400? Makes you wonder why he's still selling them and purchasing jet-packs from other vendors here.

I'm interested in hear why MinuteFett hasn't refunded you for this commission or done anything to make this right.

It was $3600 not $6000.

he said he was going to refund me as I was being a pain in the ass but he took longer then he said he would and I just asked him to send me the final parts and the $400 and I would walk away. As it wasn't Making progress.

I did get the chest electronics and the replace my code piece but that’s it. Costing me more then $400 to get a kit. Costing me to buy a harness.

getting help from my garrison on fixing everything. I just want to finish the build and have him out of my life. Asked for help on the Facebook group on what could be wrong with the servo and couple people asked if it was Minutefett.

Pandemic started popping up and got distracted with figuring how to keep my own business going. Now that I got that under control pulled out the helmet to see what I could do. Found out today much more about Minutefett. Hoping this saves someone from making my mistake.

Surely there must be a perfectly rational reason for all of this... /s Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Let us know if we can be of any help!

Hi John,

I understand that you are very upset and you should be. You and I both have several pages of text messages between us over the course of the past few months trying to resolve the issues that have come up.

Unfortunately, circumstances got to the point where I became unable to fulfill my end of the contracted agreement and I am sorry about that. I promised a full 501st ROTJ Boba Fett suit for $3,600 which didn’t leave me enough margin to deal with unforeseen circumstances and setbacks.

I have done everything within my power to make things right, but have been unable to.

Because of this, I exercised the expressed right to break our contract and fully refund you, while also allowing you to keep several items in addition to offering to pay you for your rubber blaster that you said you didn’t want or need. This is the best I can do and while it isn’t ideal, I hope that you can find it agreeable.

I am truly sorry for your experience and that I was unable to meet our agreement. I have offered everything that I can in place of having all the items ready to go at this point.

To the others reading this, I would like you to know that I am constantly working to improve my props, kits, organization, time management and reputation. I do care what John thinks and you as well.

The best thing that I could do when I realized I could not meet the obligation was to offer the full refund with the other consolations.

Over time, I hope to continue to improve and to earn your trust.

Moving forward, I will be making some changes that will help me to stay more organized and help me to better assess my commitments and completions.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Luis

Last edited:
Sorry this is a lie. You said you would refund my money but when it came time you didn’t have the full amount and you was going to let me keep broken parts like the blaster. You offered to give me money back for the blaster but like the jetpack it wasn’t enough to cover that item so pleas take responsibility that you are way over your head. Have no clue on how to do business and that’s giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are a con man which after talking to a few people starting to realize you are exactly that a con man.

don’t listen to this con man. Do not spend money on him. You will be ripped off.

Just got an email from another person who got a shitty harness, broken blaster, overspray on his face shield And a crappy rangefinder. Seems like this is standard practice for you and don’t forget the chin tools that you never sent me.

you are a thief!

Bendingoak Your postings seems to deteriorate to a point which seems like mere slander to me. What I'm missing are more facts beyond what has already been stated. Also 3600 USD is quite a bargain for a full commission (which is regularly more in the 6k ballpark as previously mentioned) so I can understand that MF indeed miscalculated the actual efforts going in such a build.
While I understand that the situation has derailed a bit it seems to me a solution has been found where you kept part of the armor for your initial investment and got refunded for other parts, right?

Bendingoak Your postings seems to deteriorate to a point which seems like mere slander to me. What I'm missing are more facts beyond what has already been stated. Also 3600 USD is quite a bargain for a full commission (which is regularly more in the 6k ballpark as previously mentioned) so I can understand that MF indeed miscalculated the actual efforts going in such a build.
While I understand that the situation has derailed a bit it seems to me a solution has been found where you kept part of the armor for your initial investment and got refunded for other parts, right?

$3600 is a bargain but what did he receive? He got $400 back for a full jetpack paint up he didn’t even get. So $3200 for what exactly? A helmet and a broken blaster?

I’m still trying to figure out how that fanny pack harness works.

BudaFett seems to me he got more stuff like the flightsuit, armor, gauntlets, etc. - I'm just saying the picture he gives looks rather incomplete. So if he's really looking for help I would expect more facts (list of all parts and the total he paid minus the refunds) and less slander. Then we would have a more objective view of the situation.

BudaFett seems to me he got more stuff like the flightsuit, armor, gauntlets, etc. - I'm just saying the picture he gives looks rather incomplete. So if he's really looking for help I would expect more facts (list of all parts and the total he paid minus the refunds) and less slander. Then we would have a more objective view of the situation.

I agree that we should know what was delivered. We already know that a few pieces of armor came broken, gauntlets included. Blaster is broken, the belt had to be repaired and the actual quality looks terrible, flight s doesn’t fit, harness is a complete and utter joke, and even the helmet has issues.

My point is between all the broken and incomplete parts where is the value in $3200? Something seems odd when you can source items like harnesses from vendors here and MF has all the molds and is able to paint.

Also from the looks of it on FB this isn’t the only issue this vendor is going to be having and maybe a pattern is emerging.

Heaven forbid you find yourself in a situation where you get scammed out of $3200, lest we victim-blame you for slander for speaking up about it.

Slander. Stupidest thing I've read this week.

Well, the only thing that's stupid here is your comment.
His story sounded rather one sided and I was asking for more facts. Besides this is a public forum and as such I would expect a certain civilized standard of communication.

I've kept largely quiet on my experience with MF, but I decided to share it just so it's documented and to help others in the future.

Despite being warned beforehand by some, I decided to take a gamble and ordered an "A" cast Mando Helmet kit from MF for $245 on October 14th, 2019. I didn't receive it until January 10th, 2020. In-between was some communication, lots of noncommunication and also what seemed to be excuses. Shortly after I purchased it for $245 he subsequently dropped the price to $180, and since what I paid was significantly more, (after I brought it to his attention) he told me would throw in a Mando pistol for free to offset that which seemed fair to me.
The first time I was never provided a tracking # which I thought odd and by Dec 10th I was getting worried as I still hadn't received it, to which he decided it had gotten lost or stolen as he claimed he remembered sending it. Since his dog stepped on his laptop he didn't have my contact info so I had to send it to him again which also seemed odd. The second time a tracking # was provided, and thankfully it arrived on Jan 10th. I never received the promised pistol with it and I had to remind him about it. He said he was printing it in Jan 22nd, but by Feb 15th he said his printer wasn't liking it so he credited me $20. At that point I didn't feel like dealing with it anymore, so I took the money and got outta dodge.
The cast looked decent to my untrained eyes, but upon working with it more I discovered a few spots in the ears where the fiberglass was so thin I could see my fingers through it and it did have one tiny hole/crack under the one of the ears which I was able to putty over. Looking at it reasonably I wouldn't say it was an "A" cast as promised, but rather B. Everything else looked good, and I think I was able to make it fairly decent looking since it was a kit, I attached photos of it after I painted it. Needless to say the experience was pretty stressful despite being just a helmet kit - I can't imagine paying thousands and dealing with this and I safely say I'll look else where future purchases. Anyways, hope this helps some

Drew

Attachments

• Attach01_01.jpg
    Attach01_01.jpg
    668.8 KB · Views: 415
  • Attach01.jpg
    Attach01.jpg
    835.6 KB · Views: 379
I've kept largely quiet on my experience with MF, but I decided to share it just so it's documented and to help others in the future.

Despite being warned beforehand by some, I decided to take a gamble and ordered an "A" cast Mando Helmet kit from MF for $245 on October 14th, 2019. I didn't receive it until January 10th, 2020. In-between was some communication, lots of noncommunication and also what seemed to be excuses. Shortly after I purchased it for $245 he subsequently dropped the price to $180, and since what I paid was significantly more, (after I brought it to his attention) he told me would throw in a Mando pistol for free to offset that which seemed fair to me.
The first time I was never provided a tracking # which I thought odd and by Dec 10th I was getting worried as I still hadn't received it, to which he decided it had gotten lost or stolen as he claimed he remembered sending it. Since his dog stepped on his laptop he didn't have my contact info so I had to send it to him again which also seemed odd. The second time a tracking # was provided, and thankfully it arrived on Jan 10th. I never received the promised pistol with it and I had to remind him about it. He said he was printing it in Jan 22nd, but by Feb 15th he said his printer wasn't liking it so he credited me $20. At that point I didn't feel like dealing with it anymore, so I took the money and got outta dodge.
The cast looked decent to my untrained eyes, but upon working with it more I discovered a few spots in the ears where the fiberglass was so thin I could see my fingers through it and it did have one tiny hole/crack under the one of the ears which I was able to putty over. Looking at it reasonably I wouldn't say it was an "A" cast as promised, but rather B. Everything else looked good, and I think I was able to make it fairly decent looking since it was a kit, I attached photos of it after I painted it. Needless to say the experience was pretty stressful despite being just a helmet kit - I can't imagine paying thousands and dealing with this and I safely say I'll look else where future purchases. Anyways, hope this helps some

Drew

drew,

I very much appreciate the feedback. shoot me a pm and I’ll get you refunded, or send you another cast. Feel free to keep the helmet.

-Luis

Attachments

• AB9E5E5A-9D3A-4F2D-8317-E89E01E22D9D.jpeg
    AB9E5E5A-9D3A-4F2D-8317-E89E01E22D9D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 347
  • C2004043-680D-4FD8-B7F1-44760A95A543.jpeg
    C2004043-680D-4FD8-B7F1-44760A95A543.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 347
Well, the only thing that's stupid here is your comment.
His story sounded rather one sided and I was asking for more facts. Besides this is a public forum and as such I would expect a certain civilized standard of communication.

What part of his original post sounded slanderous? If him stating the facts of what he received (which was then corroborated by MF himself), and those facts portrayed MF in a negative light, that's not slander. It would be slander if it was not true, which MF has already confirmed to not be the case.

What part of his original post sounded slanderous? If him stating the facts of what he received (which was then corroborated my MF himself), and those facts portrayed MF in a negative light, that's not slander. It would be slander if it was not true, which MF has already confirmed to not be the case.

I wasn't referring to his original post but to the later ones where he called him a 'thief', 'Con man' and other names.

Very surreal to think that stapling velrco to the belt is acceptable, the obvious over spray on the visor and the fanny pack contraption is bizarre. I wish I could see the nail on the gauntlet, unreal.

$3600 is a bargain, a case of "too good to be true" kind of bargain. I would be upset if I received this kind of quality for a quarter of that price. Bendingoak is furious, rightfully so.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back