My Boba Build

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Mythosaur
If you're not intersted in joining the 501st and merely using it as a guide, then I say do as you please. And cool thing is if you decide for 501st approval, you would need only to remove them from the shin pockets!
;)

To that end, I know one of the better well know Boba Images we all have is this one, which shows him as not having it. And what I think the CRL is basing this off of....
Boba Fett - ROTJ Screen Pic.jpg

....of course this is just a best guess on my part.

I've seen a couple other pics of Boba Fett Stuntman without them too. I'd be curious what images or screen shots you are referring to that shows he had either the Survival Knife or Jetpack Adjustment tool (or both) during filming of RoTJ....
Boba Fett Tuntman - Pic 1.jpg

Boba Fett Stuntman - Pic 2.jpg

Best,
-Iron

Mythosaur

New Hunter
I've seen a couple other pics of Boba Fett Stuntman without them too. I'd be curious what images or screen shots you are referring to that shows he had either the Survival Knife or Jetpack Adjustment tool (or both) during filming of RoTJ....

That's the thing, I'm going off memory of what I heard was rumored to have happened. Whether it's true or not, I don't know as I don't have any proof, but as you pointed out it is missing in all the pictures we have here. So yeah, I made it basically just for fun. :)

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
That's the thing, I'm going off memory of what I heard was rumored to have happened. Whether it's true or not, I don't know as I don't have any proof, but as you pointed out it is missing in all the pictures we have here. So yeah, I made it basically just for fun. :)

Mythosaur
It's all good. I carry around a Tracking Fob in my hip pouch for fun too. I pull it out from time to time.
The Mandalorian and My Tracking Fob.jpg

I can imagine Boba had a few of these on his person when he was hunting, yeah?
1674599897503.png

-Iron

Mythosaur

New Hunter
So I've been on the journey of creating a more movie accurate ammo belt and pouches than what I currently have using the info provided HERE. (Big thanks to StrumFett and RafalFett for that!!! Super job compiling all the info there!) My old pouches I had bought online and though they were not the correct size, I always figured I could alter them. The problem was finding vinyl to match to make the belt out of, so I scraped altering the old ones and decided to just make new ones out of the material I got for the belt. Here's my progress:
Ammo belt1.jpg ammo pouch color.jpg
In the first picture the material looks really dark, so I added the second one which shows the color a little better. Now, while I know the color is a little dark, after comparing it to photos, I believe it is extremely close to what was used, maybe a shade or 2 off. Particularly this picture:
Boba Fett.jpg
There are others, but this is the best example. I also believe that some of you guys have used this same material as well for your belts (for reference, I got it at Hobby Lobby from the big rolls of vinyl, this one is called Chocolate Deco.) I would also like to point out that light changes the color and it was pretty difficult for me to get a good picture of the true color, for this reason is why I didn't try to source the vinyl online, but rather purchase in person. I loathe buying fabric online, you really can't ever tell the true color.

I will say this is time consuming, I've messed up A LOT doing this and even though I'm familiar with a machine, I am no tailor. I also can only machine the main body and flap, the sides I've been hand sewing on, I can't figure out how to put it together on the machine due to size and need to not show stitch marks. I also have been making a cardboard skeleton for the inside so they are rigid and appear full, I then stitch it shut as they can't really carry anything.

Crafting the belt has also made me reflect on whether I want to apply to the 501st or not, I've kind of always just done this for fun, but since I've moved the prospect of joining sounds more inviting. I also tend to doubt myself and whether my gear would be good enough to join, even though I've done my best to be as accurate as possible, it's things like the belt color that would suck to get disqualified for. Anyways, thanks for reading, post more progress when I'm finished!

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Mythosaur
Sounds like you're a true to heart DIY'er.

For me....working with Leather was never a strong suit. So I turned to Delta13Mike and got one of his ROTJ Ammo Belts.....
Ammo Belt - Delta Leatherworks 1.jpg

(...and yes, I realize in the pic above the belt is upside down - hehehe!)

About a year after I was done with that I decided to build a Static Jawa Prop. As you know the Jawa's have leather bandoliers. For this, I opt'd to try leather working out. I found a template for the pouches online and decided to use that. And like you I went a got a roll of leather from Hobby Lobby....
Hobby Lobby - Roll of Brown Leather.jpg

I also picked up some sam browne studs and caps to hold the leather together.....and result was this....
Leather Pouches.jpg

Also, doesn't look too bad on my Jawa....
Photo Oct 01, 5 53 58 PM.jpg

Cheers,
-Iron

Mythosaur

New Hunter
@Mythosaur
Sounds like you're a true to heart DIY'er.

For me....working with Leather was never a strong suit. So I turned to @Delta13Mike and got one of his ROTJ Ammo Belts.....

Yeah, I'm all about making stuff, that's half the fun! Luckily, vinyl is a lot easier to work with instead of leather, biggest concern is melting it with the iron when I crease it, but I've had good luck so far!

Also, that Jawa is awesome!