Blaster MPP Flash Tubes

sith steve

Active Hunter
I have been researching and working on producing replica MPP tubes for my ESB EE3. I am thinking about producing these for members as I have not seen anyone doing this yet (if I am wrong someone please correct me, as I am not looking to **** anyone off). I do not know if there is any interest in these but here are the pics of the one I made for my EE3. I am using full MPP length as I am also working on an electronic kit to fit down my barrel. However, I can cut them down to any length. PM or reply here if there is any interest so I can gauge if this is a desired product. Also if anyone has any input I am always open to way to improve my products.

20150111_200944.jpg

20150111_200930.jpg

20150111_200917.jpg

20150111_200911.jpg

Thanks all
Steve

These would be a good addition to items for sale around here. Considering the real ones I've seen go for over $200, if these are pretty accurate you'll likely have some interest out there.

Really DP??? I blame you for making me want to build a dang rocketeer build!!!!that one ain't much cheaper.
you can get a Heiland flash tube that is ALMOST exactly the same tube, often for less than $50 on the bay as an entire assembly from some old camera clear out sale. BUT there's something on it that's not quite screen accurate. Think it's the holes for a plug. Fett4reaL would be able to say.
The MPP tubes are very scarce.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sith Steve:

What was your "MPP" made from? It looks good, but like a brushed metal. The MPP was chrome. You might be better off starting with a plumbing sink tube. Here is mine.

FettBlasterDone.JPG

Thanks for reply. Its made out of aluminium pipe. I used my graflex as a reference for the material. I actually looked at sink tubes but in the end wasnt satisfied with the match. Here is a picture of the 2 side

DSCN0210.jpg

i may be interested after seeing pics after you drill this new tube out. The only thing i dont like about the regular plumbing pipe is that its usually brass and chrome plated, so the edges of the holes are brass and it would drive my OCD nuts lol. This new pipe/tube you have looks promising!

Also, you CAN polish up aluminum to look chrome. I'ts a bit of work, but lots of my BMX buddies have done it with seatposts and stems and such.

MPP tubes are chromed, Graflex tubes are nickel plated brass. (y)

Just a fun FYI : Technically chrome plated is nickel plated. Chromium is clear. So when you see a chromed part, it is nickel plated and then chromed plated over it for the durability. Something i learned in the BMX community lol

Clearly those BMX folks have no idea what they are talking about. Chromium is not clear. Most chrome plated parts are Nickel plated first and then a thin layer of Chrome on top. The nickel plating provides the smoothness, much of the corrosion resistance, and most of the reflectivity. The chrome plating is exceptionally thin but not 'clear'.
When you look at a decorative chrome plated surface, such as a chrome plated wheel or bumper, most of what you are seeing is actually the effects of the nickel plating. The chrome adds a very slightly bluish cast (compared to the slightly yellowish cast of nickel), protects the nickel against tarnish, minimizes scratching, and symbiotically contributes to corrosion resistance. Without the brilliant levelled nickel undercoating, you would not have a rust-resistant, reflective, decorative surface.

Real MPPs are plated Brass, if you want real accuracy you need to cut the holes first and then plate the tube.

SAS

Just a fun FYI : Technically chrome plated is nickel plated. Chromium is clear. So when you see a chromed part, it is nickel plated and then chromed plated over it for the durability. Something i learned in the BMX community lol

Clearly those BMX folks have no idea what they are talking about. Chromium is not clear. Most chrome plated parts are Nickel plated first and then a thin layer of Chrome on top. The nickel plating provides the smoothness, much of the corrosion resistance, and most of the reflectivity. The chrome plating is exceptionally thin but not 'clear'.
When you look at a decorative chrome plated surface, such as a chrome plated wheel or bumper, most of what you are seeing is actually the effects of the nickel plating. The chrome adds a very slightly bluish cast (compared to the slightly yellowish cast of nickel), protects the nickel against tarnish, minimizes scratching, and symbiotically contributes to corrosion resistance. Without the brilliant levelled nickel undercoating, you would not have a rust-resistant, reflective, decorative surface.

Real MPPs are plated Brass, if you want real accuracy you need to cut the holes first and then plate the tube.

SAS

Thats exactly what i meant. I just didnt think i needed to go into all that detail for my fun fact lol. My point was that the silver you see is the nickel. The durability is the chrome. They know what they are talking about because these guys have been making bikes for decades. Me on the other hand, my memory doesn't serve me as well as it used to. lol

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back