How I dye my flame thrower tubes

Fettacini

Hunter
Very coo! After leaving mine in a bath of strong dark coffee for days and having no effect, I got lazy and just used brown spray paint sprayed onto both open ends on the inside, and I achieved a decent fade. I'm pretty impatient though so that worked for me hah.

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Fettacini
I also had heard that the coffee bath usually did the trick - and is what I did. I go the idea from Boochman when I saw his mixture of coffee and tea.....

Pic of Boochman's Concoction. :)
Boochman's Hoses.jpeg

For mine, I got a "Traveler" from Starbucks of Pike Place Roast and dumped it into a plastic bin.
Starbucks Traveler and Staining Bin.jpg

I set my cords into the bath and three days later came out with this....
Gauntlet Hoses.jpg

I took that pic next to the new roll to show how much it changed. Once I pulled it out of the bath I dried it off and no brown was evident on the paper towel - which would indicate that it could be rubbed off. Nope, it was indeed stained permanently on the cords! I followed up with a few mists of dark brown and black with my airbrush and was able to achieve what I thought to be a great effect!
Right Gauntlet.jpg

And here is me fully suited up....
Fett - Facing away from Sunset.JPG

Fett - Bring it on.JPG

Fett - Taking Aim.JPG

Gauntlet Pic.JPG

....Just my two cents anyway.

Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:

Han shot first

New Hunter
Awesome video man ;). Unrelated but I also noticed your scooter videos, I would certainly love to own a Lambretta one day :D.
Cheers man, 3 things I love the most (apart from family of course), fishing, classic Italian scooters and Boba Fett.... I'm going to custom a scooter in Boba colours soon....maybe go fishing on it lol, boom, all 3 passions in one

Han shot first

New Hunter
Fettacini
I also had heard that the coffee bath usually did the trick - and is what I did. I go the idea from Boochman when I saw his mixture of coffee and tea.....

Pic of Boochman's Concoction. :)
View attachment 209773

For mine, I got a "Traveler" from Starbucks of Pike Place Roast and dumped it into a plastic bin.
View attachment 209766

I set my cords into the bath and three days later came out with this....
View attachment 209767

I took that pic next to the new roll to show how much it changed. Once I pulled it out of the bath I dried it off and no brown was evident on the paper towel - which would indicate that it could be rubbed off. Nope, it was indeed stained permanently on the cords! I followed up with a few mists of dark brown and black with my airbrush and was able to achieve what I thought to be a great effect!
View attachment 209768

And here is me fully suited up....
View attachment 209769
View attachment 209770
View attachment 209771
View attachment 209772

....Just my two cents anyway.

Thanks,
-Iron
Superb mate

JojoFett95

Hunter
Cheers man, 3 things I love the most (apart from family of course), fishing, classic Italian scooters and Boba Fett.... I'm going to custom a scooter in Boba colours soon....maybe go fishing on it lol, boom, all 3 passions in one
Haha awesome man :D, love it. I’d be lying if I hadn’t thought of that idea, would absolutely love to see a custom Boba paint job on a 60s scooter. Gotta love it all right, the music the style of that area, is the totally my style.