Modding my Fett blasphemy???

2legit2fett

Jr Hunter
Ok, so a few days ago I saw these new(newer...) toys from Square Enix. They basically took a few liberties in creating a very buff and cool Boba fett, Darth Vader, and a storm trooper.

I think these toys look amazing! However, is it going to totally ruin my authentic ROTJ build if I take a few ideas from the Square Enix version and apply it to my suit?
FIG-KAI-9163_01.0.jpg
FIG-KAI-8662_05.0.jpg
FIG-KAI-9162_05.0.jpg

FIG-KAI-9163_01.0.jpg

FIG-KAI-9162_05.0.jpg

FIG-KAI-8662_05.0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its up to you, its your gear! I think those figures are cool, but not my thing. I am personally more a puritst for Fett, but i can appreciate all the variations out there, and would concider doing a second build that was out of the ordinalry. But really, you just need to decide which way you wanna go. You may want to do a separate build for this only because very little of a standard suit could be used as is and you'd need to either replace, or heavily mod the parts for it. That said, it is cool, and id love to see someone build it!

I'm a purist when it comes to Fett and Stormtroopers and all that jazz, but that Fett and the Samurai Fett look ****in' ACE. After my ESB Fett is done, I'm gonna scratch build the Samurai Fett.

I agree with Lou. You'll always get the few that feel they need to "remind" you that it won't be approvalable to 501st standards. I have little desire to join the 501st, but I want an accurate Fett( at least the exterior). BUT- as old man Kenobi said "you must do...what you Feel is right".

Last edited by a moderator:
I say if you replicate theirs all the way it would be pretty cool....but as far as using ideas from it I don't know that I get what you mean
Im all for replicating completely accurate...the 501st standards aren't exactly 100% accurate and let some things slide

I think you guys are right. If I'm going to make this suit I should do it as a completely different build. The armor just looks so BAD A**!!
FIG-KAI-9163_07.0.jpg
Maybe I can convince a Fett purist to help me with the helm build ;)

That armor is super cool! With out having to adhere to 501st standards you could even put your own spin on it. I for sure think you should do a separate build I think it would be harder to make your ROTJ armor look like this than it would be to scratch build it. I personally can't handle working with EVA foam, but if you have the patience for it it could yield amazing results for this costume

I've never heard of EVA foam but after a quick search i'm sold. I never realized something so complex could be created with foam.
ie...bdbaf005cf4b6417ba15f18b923103a9.jpg

I'll have to do some research but I think I'm going the right direction.

I've never heard of EVA foam but after a quick search i'm sold. I never realized something so complex could be created with foam.
ie...View attachment 94411

I'll have to do some research but I think I'm going the right direction.

Yeah its kindof amazing its the preferred building method for the iron man guys. This is entirely EVA foam. Again be warned it does not behave like plastics or fiber glass but if you have the nack for it it can yield amazing results!

iron man .jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back