MLC jet pack questions

Hey Mirax go to Home Depot and find the glue section and grab some epoxy putty it will really bond those strap holders down no worries.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to dig deep & hit behind that sofa cushion for some change! Mardon is just about ready to start cranking these babies out. Please PM Rex if you have any questions regarding payment.

Update: Jet Packs arrived!

Just got an e-mail from Rex saying that the 2nd batch of jet packs arrived over the weekend :D
He still has to sort 'em out & will ship individually.

Wont be long now :)

Mardon

Yes, a HUUUGGGGE box has arrived! :)

JPs will go out Monday (my weekday off)

Money is really tight for us this month, so I can't cover the shipping and wait to be reimbursed. I'm going to have to ask that those who didn't send shipping bux, please PayPal me $20- This should just barely cover shipping and packing materials.
(gotta buy the boxes and styrofoam peanuts)

Many thanks for your understanding.

You can PayPal me at: ultramar@onramp113.org

take care all,

-Rex

Yup, they sure did Tyler!

:)

I've PM'd you the tracking numbers, will do the rest tomorrow morning...got to get back to studying...getting closer though!

:)

take care all,

-Rex

WOOHOO!!!(y)
I just got my pack this morning and it is awesome. I've been anticipating the arrival of this pack for a while and it is well worth the wait. It is everything I expected and more.
Many thanks Mardon for such quality work, and thanks Rex for the care in packing and shipping this baby out to me.
I've just been staring at this since it got here, it's a beauty:love:D

Ely

I also got my Jet Pack this morning and it's great. Thanks to Mardon and Rex for making available such a great prop. :)

whoo hoo! I got mine today also. I"m so pumped. I can't wait to get it painted!

I got it today and must say it is everything I expected and more. This thing is suer smooth no need to sand or touch up anything. The rocket and thrusters have a nice snug fit so I dont have to worry about them falling out. Great packing job extra room in the box for the postal service to throw the package around, and everything was individually wrapped. The chest armor was great too. Super smooth and no need to touch up. Both were super light also.

Cudos to Mardon on his great work on these products and also to Rex for his great corrospondice on these. Answered all my questions in no time and packed and shipped these things perfectly.

Im am truly happy and would recommend these two to anyone.

I'm glad that the 2nd run of JPs are finally arriving to their respective owners & happy to know you guys are enjoying it :)
Pls. dont forget to send in pics of your painted packs when done.
Happy painting to all!

Mardon

Update 11-06-03

OK guys, I need help from those of you with this pack. I tried just running the straps out the top of the removable panel but it kept falling out. I'm going to have to cut some keyhole slots above the panel for them to run out of so that doesn't happen anymore.

For you guys who have done this...do you need to reinforce the area around the slots that you cut? If so what should I use to do this?

Doug

UPDATE 10-26-03

Some new pics of the completed (or close to) version here. SOrry it's been so long. Put on Vdash's ESB decals...thanks man! Added BKBT's beacon though I screwed it up and it won't light up anymore. :( I've added a harnessing system and finally made it wearable! Let me know what you think.

DSCN0398.JPG

DSCN0399.JPG

DSCN0401.JPG

DSCN0402.JPG

DSCN0404.JPG

the backpack straps are Alice Pack straps from a military backpack. You can find them at your local army navy stores. The bottom belt is just 2" belting with a buckle. The alice pack straps have a loop at the bottom where they just slide over the belt. At the top the straps are designed to go around a metal frame. I just put the snap clips on there it would go around the frame. it seems to work pretty well so far. I hope I get a chance to test it out this weekend!

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back