MLC jet pack questions

Hi Slowmo,

I'll go as far as providing free U-bars for the JPs that could be integrated to BKBT's harness & hopefully other harnesses for that matter.
But we wont be cutting the "coin bank" slits above the JP as others may use a different harness design that would have a different measurement.....or some folks may not use a harness alltogether.
Besides, those slits could easily be added in mere minutes by a Dremel :)

Mardon

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a problem. I had asked Rex and he couldn't remember. Thanks Mardon and I'm eagerly looking forward to getting my grubby little hands on your amazing work!

Doug

I got a jet pack, I got a jet pack! It really looks great! I was worried it would be huge for me since I'm a lot smaller than the other members here but the size is perfect! And the weight is even more perfect! The thrusters and the center rocket will have to be sanded down a little so I can get them in their holes withought trying to shove them in and breaking them ( which is something I would easily do) which is good cause they will have a nice snug fit when glued in. I haven't gone over with a fine tooth cone but I see very little clean up to do before painting this baby! Excellent work Mardon! Can't wait to get my bucket now!!!

Glad you like it Mirax :)

No need to sand 'em as they're really a tight fit - our workers constantly insert both thrusters & missile before shipping them out....and if you noticed, all of 'em where already inserted when we got the pics of the first 5.

The design consideration was to make an option of them dettach for storage purposes - but naturally it wont hurt if you preffer to glue them permanently.

Dont worry, you wont destroy 'em - just insert with a twisting motion :)

Mardon

Okey doeky. I just was afraid to try too hard- I'd really piss myself off if I screwed it up. That's actually cool- I won't glue them- it certainly would make storage and travel easier!

OH, MAN!!:D I got mine today, too! This puppy is a lightweight beauty! Also, the convenience of the access panel is by far the best innovation for the gear I have planned in packing into this. I'd like to congratulate Mardon for his superb attention to detail in this project, as well as Rex for his organization in making these packs availalbe to us. Great job, guys!:)(y) On that note, Rex, could you please tally me in for the third wave of these packs? I need just one more for good measure, as part of yet another Fett project (plus I gotta' keep pace with SEEKER!;):p).

Woooo-Hoooo!

Mirax and Nerf-Herder love their packs!!!

:D

I'm very happy that you enjoy the jet pack and all it's features.

:) :) :)

N-H, you've been added to the 3rd batch!

:)

Good luck in keeping up w/ Seeker!

:D :lol:

take care all,

-Rex

Ok gang, just finished painting mine and weathering. Just got my harness from BKBT so will be installing that as well as his beacon. Just need the jet pack symbol decals and this puppy is done! So, here's pics of my Jango MLC Jet Pack:

123-2392_IMG.JPG

123-2395_IMG.JPG

123-2396_IMG.JPG

123-2399_IMG.JPG

123-2400_IMG.JPG

For the colors, all were Krylon-Dull Aluminum, True Blue, Pumpkin Orange, Burgundy, and white. Used a paint on black acrylic for the stripes and waterbased acrylic for weathering. The white areas are weathered a lot more than what is visable in the pics. This jet pack was awesome to work with!!!

Great job! It certainly looks good :)
Hope you had a blast painting it as much as we did building it!
Ely should take care of your decal needs :)

Mardon

WOW!:eek: Mirax, you're getting YOUR pack done in record time! And it looks FANTASTIC, no less! :D Mine is coming along (Slowly, but surely :rolleyes)! Great job!!

I got mine in as well. What can I say? It's clean as a whistle, light as a feather, and looks just plain awesome! And no inflated price? In fact it's the same price as some and less than other fiberglass packs. If you need one, this is the way to go!

Thanks very much to Mardon for the time and energy put into this, and thanks to Rex for taking care of us stateside.

I can't wait to get her painted up ;)

Thanks guys!
Phil

I'm happy to hear that Phil.....trully appreciate your support! :)
I guess its what you call "payback" to those stuff you helped me before thru PM :)

You better show us pics of your JP when you get it done!

Mardon

Thanks for the compliments gang :D this bad boy was super easy to paint. The fact that there was no trimming, no filling, no sanding, no assembly is what allowed me to get done so quickly! Awesome stuff Mardon, can't wait for my bucket now!

Wanted to show how well this works with BKBT harness- just got this all set up tonight:

124-2405_IMG.JPG

124-2406_IMG.JPG

124-2407_IMG.JPG

124-2408_IMG.JPG

124-2410_IMG.JPG

As you can see, I left the jet pack functional. The back plate is attached via velcro. The "u" bars are epoxied in and instead of rivets, I used snaps to keep the strap in place. Also have BKBT beacon installed too! Tried this puppy on and it feels like I'm hardly wearing anything on my back- even lighter than my paper mache jet pack. This friggen ROCKS!

Mirax, are you rushing to a convention this coming weekend or what?.....'coz you're doing everything in record time! :)
Yup, BKBT's beacon & harness does complete the JP beautifully!

Although, if i could make a suggestion.....you really need a Stubby JP! LOL!

BTW- your Jango bucket is done :)

Mardon

Mirax,

I am so totally JEALOUS!!

:D

I cannot believe your all done!!! Sheesh, you are the Flash!!

Congrats!!

(y) :cheers

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back