Mandalorian Rifle Daisy BB Gun Mod

Hirax

New Hunter
So my goal is to make a working Daisy Red Ryder BB gun that is modified to resemble the Mandalorian Rifle. I am looking for someone that can 3D print the end panels/tip for me. Would be cool if the end of the tip was open enough to allow the BB to exit the barrel. Well here we are so far. Still sorting out the forearm.

Attachments

• 7C50A3F9-F8E1-4B19-B3FB-B03C7944E2A2.jpeg
    7C50A3F9-F8E1-4B19-B3FB-B03C7944E2A2.jpeg
    760.7 KB · Views: 889
  • F8BFC27A-127B-4E03-AB10-ACEBD6741595.jpeg
    F8BFC27A-127B-4E03-AB10-ACEBD6741595.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 505
  • 9939ED26-945A-4B3B-80CC-F34821E6160C.jpeg
    9939ED26-945A-4B3B-80CC-F34821E6160C.jpeg
    891.2 KB · Views: 530
  • 917F4789-C0F1-4BB9-84BB-E4F2513A916C.jpeg
    917F4789-C0F1-4BB9-84BB-E4F2513A916C.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,515
Neat! Is this just for personal use and ultra mega cool style when shooting at things around your property?
I love the show and have wanted to start making a Cosplay outfit and join a clan perhaps. This could be my first piece. I can make it safe by just removing the spring loaded magazine but not sure what the official rules would be to bring it into an event. Yes too, I want to try to target shoot with it. At it’s core it is a rebuilt 1940’s post WWII Red Ryder built in Plymouth, MI. BB’s out of it would go 300-350 feet per sec so not really deadly but will go through a pop can easily.

Right on! If you are looking to join the Mercs, which it sounds like from what you were saying, your sweet build unfortunately can't be capable of firing at all. So if you plan on attending an event with this, how easily could you remove the pump action lever?

Right on! If you are looking to join the Mercs, which it sounds like from what you were saying, your sweet build unfortunately can't be capable of firing at all. So if you plan on attending an event with this, how easily could you remove the pump action lever?
The lever is just one screw. So that would not be hard but that would ruin the aesthetics of the piece. I could take a lever and remove the portion that would “cock” the spring/bolt when you work the action rendering it unable to fire or remove the guts entirely (Spring/bolt/plunger that compresses the air to push the BB out, etc.) and not cut down/destroy a lever too. Not hard

The lever is just one screw. So that would not be hard but that would ruin the aesthetics of the piece. I could take a lever and remove the portion that would “cock” the spring/bolt when you work the action rendering it unable to fire or remove the guts entirely (Spring/bolt/plunger that compresses the air to push the BB out, etc.) and not cut down/destroy a lever too. Not hard
I figured without ammo magazine there would be nothing to shoot anyone with....

I have done 3D printing for multiple members on TDH and printed several parts for my Fett including the jet pack. I own 2 printers with a 3rd on the way.

You said you need end panels/tip. Do you have the files?

Let me know. I'm sure we can work something out.

I have done 3D printing for multiple members on TDH and printed several parts for my Fett including the jet pack. I own 2 printers with a 3rd on the way.

You said you need end panels/tip. Do you have the files?

Let me know. I'm sure we can work something out.
Thanks Lazerjock! I found a file but it had the entire gun. I plan on playing around with modifying an existing file to fit the dimensions of the gun barrel and opening up the end of it to allow for a BB to pass through. Also thinking the forearm might be best to print too.

Great!
I did some looking and found 2 guns on Thingiverse.

I can do some mods to the model if you can't or have trouble.

I have a large FDM extrusion printer (this is the type you most likely have seen before). It can print 10" x 10" x 14". This is the lowest quality but still a very good printer.
I have a small SLA resin printer for very high quality prints. Its limitation is it can only print small parts 4.5" x 2.5" x 6.1".
The new printer that is on its way is also an SLA resin printer and is capable of large very high quality prints 10.8" x 6.1" x 15.75".

Note I can always split the model and print it in multiple pieces if I can't print it in one piece.

Once we figure the files out and which printer you want to use I will be able to give you a quote.
I can tell you the FDM will be the least expensive. The resin for the SLA printers is more expensive than the filament for the FDM.

Great!
I did some looking and found 2 guns on Thingiverse.

I can do some mods to the model if you can't or have trouble.

I have a large FDM extrusion printer (this is the type you most likely have seen before). It can print 10" x 10" x 14". This is the lowest quality but still a very good printer.
I have a small SLA resin printer for very high quality prints. Its limitation is it can only print small parts 4.5" x 2.5" x 6.1".
The new printer that is on its way is also an SLA resin printer and is capable of large very high quality prints 10.8" x 6.1" x 15.75".

Note I can always split the model and print it in multiple pieces if I can't print it in one piece.

Once we figure the files out and which printer you want to use I will be able to give you a quote.
I can tell you the FDM will be the least expensive. The resin for the SLA printers is more expensive than the filament for the FDM.
What we’d need to do more or less for the forearm part is figure out how to build it around the existing gun body (it’s not just a straight tube). I could measure and draw it the existing body so a void could be made in the print so as to fit around it.

For the paddles I think we’d just need to adjust the opening at the end to accept the outside diameter of the gun barrel extension to fit tight too and make a hole for the BB.

there is a thinner tube which would be cool to add which I’d need to figure out how to attach to the barrel extension too - see pics next to scale drawing.

I may just buy a scope to put on it that would actually work as a scope.

Attachments

• CC97CD7F-55FC-4316-AA0B-07C2B57379F3.jpeg
    CC97CD7F-55FC-4316-AA0B-07C2B57379F3.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 358
  • 60A7C022-DEC1-4089-B970-CC784B3D24A9.jpeg
    60A7C022-DEC1-4089-B970-CC784B3D24A9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 240
None of this looks too difficult. If you want to buy a printer and do it yourself that fine. I was just offering.
I totally appreciate that too! Might be better for me to have someone that knows what they are doing help me on this. I watched some videos on just getting a printer bed to be leveled to get the proper squish on the filament and it was getting me anxious. So what are your thoughts as to what you’d need from me to help with the above. Measurements and drawings?

First I would need the model you have. I will then determine how the model needs to be split to fit the printer if at all.
Then the dimension of the pellet gun so I can hollow out the model for the gun to fit. The measurements need to be as accurate as possible. Typically I recommend you use a digital caliper, but if you don't have one and don't want to buy one I can work with you to get as close as possible with what you have. They sell them at Harbor Freight for $20. Occationally they offer 20% off coupons.

Please measure everything in mm to the nearest tenth, not inches.
When I printed parts for Boochman we did a video chat so I could walk him through the process and we didn't miss anything.

Moving forward we should chat via PM so we don't bore everyone to death with every little detail.

First I would need the model you have. I will then determine how the model needs to be split to fit the printer if at all.
Then the dimension of the pellet gun so I can hollow out the model for the gun to fit. The measurements need to be as accurate as possible. Typically I recommend you use a digital caliper, but if you don't have one and don't want to buy one I can work with you to get as close as possible with what you have. They sell them at Harbor Freight for $20. Occationally they offer 20% off coupons.

Please measure everything in mm to the nearest tenth, not inches.
When I printed parts for Boochman we did a video chat so I could walk him through the process and we didn't miss anything.

Moving forward we should chat via PM so we don't bore everyone to death with every little detail.
Lazerjack I got the exist Daisy fun body measured up. I’ll scan the drawings I. The morning and uploaded them or send them to you. Whatever you think is best. We can work with what ever file(s) you found

Sounds good to me.
If you are ok continuing to post here that's fine with me.
Once I get an idea of what I'm dealing with in detail I will get you a price.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back