Looking for armour attachment methods. All help is welcome!

BobaOfDaFett

New Hunter
Heya! As the title suggests, I'm looking around for some armour attachment methods to get the pieces to securely stick to the vest, and the jetpack to stick to the backpiece without either falling off. Also, it would be nice if anyone had any advice on getting the straps around the kneepads on securely and tight, and so they're not lax enough that they'll slip down my legs when wearing the outfit. Any advice on this would be much appreciated!

Hey Bro, first up, welcome!
You will have a multitude of choices that you can decide best suits you. For me on my armor, I went with a combination of velcro and snaps. The knee armor had a centered velcro piece with the standard white elastic band around the leg. Regarding the jetpack, mine wasn't attached to the back armor per say, it went thru the slots as per the original but I went with. more secure system that allowed me to run if I needed to. Let me know if you need photos, i'll either shoot em to you via DM or here if you like.
Good luck!
Tim.

Hey Bro, first up, welcome!
You will have a multitude of choices that you can decide best suits you. For me on my armor, I went with a combination of velcro and snaps. The knee armor had a centered velcro piece with the standard white elastic band around the leg. Regarding the jetpack, mine wasn't attached to the back armor per say, it went thru the slots as per the original but I went with. more secure system that allowed me to run if I needed to. Let me know if you need photos, i'll either shoot em to you via DM or here if you like.
Good luck!
Tim.
Thanks man! Glad to be here. The pics would be very helpful here if you could take em. And mainly I'm thinking heavy duty velcro for all the armour pieces and such but not sure if it'll be strong enough. Just worried about the jetpack falling off the backplate mainly. Would gluing the jetpack to the backplate work?

Hey Bro, I have the pics, a little old, but still pretty much speaks for themselves. Have a look and let me know if you have questions. Keep in mind that these were taken in 2007. And yes, I can still wear the suit perfectly. ;)

As for the Jetpack, I wouldn't glue the pack to the backplate at all. Have a look at my attachment system, based off the original setup, but with a modern twist.

Hope these help.

Attachments

• DSC00354.jpg
    DSC00354.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC00355.jpg
    DSC00355.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_2181.jpg
    IMG_2181.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2182.jpg
    IMG_2182.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC00307.jpg
    DSC00307.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC00312.jpg
    DSC00312.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC00023.jpg
    DSC00023.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC00020.jpg
    DSC00020.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 227
Hey Bro, I have the pics, a little old, but still pretty much speaks for themselves. Have a look and let me know if you have questions. Keep in mind that these were taken in 2007. And yes, I can still wear the suit perfectly. ;)

As for the Jetpack, I wouldn't glue the pack to the backplate at all. Have a look at my attachment system, based off the original setup, but with a modern twist.

Hope these help.
Thanks man, these help out a lot! I hadn't even considered this for the jetpack, it looks like a really good method! How would one get those clips in then? As you can't really sew it on I assume lmao. How exactly is the armour attached there? Are they like nuts and bolts or something?

Thanks man, these help out a lot! I hadn't even considered this for the jetpack, it looks like a really good method! How would one get those clips in then? As you can't really sew it on I assume lmao. How exactly is the armour attached there? Are they like nuts and bolts or something?
Clips to where bro? And which part of the arnour are you talking about attaching?

Ah sorry for the confusion! You don't use these with the back plate. The back plate attaches to the collar via studs and/or velcro, and is also held against the lower back by the cross bar on the scuba harness (assuming you are using the screen accurate method). The jetpack attaches to the cross bar and to the hooks on the shoulder straps of the harness, which are fed through the flak vest and the slots in the top of the back armor.

Do some searching around the forum and you'll find lots of documentation.

Ah sorry for the confusion! You don't use these with the back plate. The back plate attaches to the collar via studs and/or velcro, and is also held against the lower back by the cross bar on the scuba harness (assuming you are using the screen accurate method). The jetpack attaches to the cross bar and to the hooks on the shoulder straps of the harness, which are fed through the flak vest and the slots in the top of the back armor.

Do some searching around the forum and you'll find lots of documentation.
Ahhh I see, this gave me some great ideas. Thank you very much man! I'll have to do some experimenting.

The clips from the back harness/backplate onto the jetpack
So the top 2 buckles from my harness slip thru the top slots of the vest and backplate. The bottom 2, fit under the curved bottom of the backplate. Waist belt from the harness secures around the waist, under the vest. This setup allows me to run if I needed to...just in case. Plus, with the added support and securement, it allowed me to install a Purge System for the jetpack nozzles.

Attachments

• DSC00265.jpeg
    DSC00265.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00241.jpeg
    DSC00241.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC00240.jpeg
    DSC00240.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC00239.jpeg
    DSC00239.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 139
So the top 2 buckles from my harness slip thru the top slots of the vest and backplate. The bottom 2, fit under the curved bottom of the backplate. Waist belt from the harness secures around the waist, under the vest. This setup allows me to run if I needed to...just in case. Plus, with the added support and securement, it allowed me to install a Purge System for the jetpack nozzles.
Ahhhh I see now. Thank you very much! This will come in handy when I start attaching all my armour pieces together.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back