Lazerjock's ROTJ Hero Fett Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
An outstanding achievement my good sir! Well done! Good to get that done! It was awesome to share in your experience your build too! I assume we’ll see you on here upgrading your Fett in the coming months? For now....a short break is in order, yeah?

-Iron

An outstanding achievement my good sir! Well done! Good to get that done! It was awesome to share in your experience your build too! I assume we’ll see you on here upgrading your Fett in the coming months? For now....a short break is in order, yeah?

-Iron
Thank you! Yes I will still be around.
I plan to provide my printer services to members. I recently got the largest hobby grade SLA Resin printer on the market. Now I can do some large high resolution projects. It would have been nice to have this when I was printing my jet pack.

I'm actually keeping quite busy.
One of my other projects I have been working on is a static display Jawa. His sounds are motion triggered when you walk in front of him.
He is 100% custom built.

20201008_124738.jpg

20201008_124806.jpg

After 2 rounds of photo submissions and many many emails back and forth, my Garrison Membership Liaison (GML) approved my costume submission to the 501st Legion !!!!!!

I would have never been able to do this without the help and support of the members of The Dented Helmet. I want to sincerely say Thank You to everyone that helped me along the way.
Awesome man! Congratulations! Look forward to lot of questions. Post more pics of the approved kit/costume please

After 2 rounds of photo submissions and many many emails back and forth, my Garrison Membership Liaison (GML) approved my costume submission to the 501st Legion !!!!!!

I would have never been able to do this without the help and support of the members of The Dented Helmet. I want to sincerely say Thank You to everyone that helped me along the way.
Awesome job sir!

That is great news, Lazerjock - it probably feels like a weight has been lifted, hahahaha! Interested to hear about the rest of the process actually, the back and forth and your experience with it all!

congrats!

The submission process for the 501st is quite easy.
1. Contact your local Garrison Membership Liaison (GML).
They can be found using the 501st site.
2. They will need you to submit a few pictures. Far less than the 300 I took. They only need Front, Back, Left, Right, Helmet off & Action Pose.
3. They will review your photos and get back to you about any changes that may be needed.
4. You make the changes they ask for and resubmit your Front, Back, Left, Right, Helmet off & Action Pose photos again.
5. You will need to fill out the official legion application and choose your ID numbers. They ask for 5 choices for your ID. There is a list of available numbers to choose from. I was able to get a variation of my Cessna tail number. My tail number is 8421S I got 84215 since there are no letters in the ID.
Here is the link:
6. If the GML is satisfied with your corrections they will approve you.
7. You will get an approval email from the 501st with your ID number. This will give you access to the members only 501st site too.

The minor changes they listed for me were:
  • Cape too dark of green
  • Jet Pack needs to be snug against back armor. This is a suit up issue. I don't count is as a modification to the suit.
  • Better chest armor spacing specifically the neck & abdomen
  • Flack vest hemmed. No more than ½” below armor
  • The helmet/body armor & knees need more weathering. Not damage just dirt & soot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a separate note.
Some of you know I was also going through the Bounty Hunters Guild (BHG) for what they call Pre-approval into the 501st.
First I want to make it very clear. This is not required to get into the 501st.
I did not know this which is why I went to them first. They ask for many many more photos and lots of specific details about your build. I provided everything they asked for.

My BHG experience was not good! This is a summary of my experience.

After waiting for what I though was too long for a response (10 days), I simply got a response saying "Longer than normal" with no explanation or apology. Frustrated I decided to contact the 501st directly and ask if the BHG was needed for approval. It only took 5 hours for them to respond and I submitted my photos that day.

The 501st had my submission evaluation back in 4 days with only 4 minor issues. During that time I received my evaluation from the BHG too. The list of corrections from the BHG was long to say the least. The interesting thing is that the issues brought up by the BHG were totally different that those of the 501st. In fact, some things conflicted.

One of the major issues from the BHG was to "remove all the added scrapes that shouldn't be there" from the helmet. The photos used to reference the helmet, were not from the 501st CRL or screen captures from the film.

Another minor issue was "the cable running to the JP should be smooth and light gray rather than black flex tubing."
I pointed out that the 501st CRL jet pack clearly has cable loom.

The list continues, but I don't want to rehash every little detail. If you want to read all of the details and my full responses, here is the link to my thread on the BHG:

The BHG has proven to me that they do not use the 501st CRL photos. I find this ironic since they are supposed to be helping people get into the 501st.

Finally, the representation of the Bounty Hunters Guild is not flattering when they use terms like "yo Lazerjock" and "saaaweeeeeet" in their communications. In a casual forum these terms may be acceptable between members that know each other, but when acting as a reviewer for someone they have never spoken to and knowing they are going to give negative feedback on a project the submitter has spend years working on and thousands of dollars, is not be appropriate in my opinion.

My goal was to get into the 501st Legion not entertain someone from the Bounty Hunters Guild for their own power trip. I was approved by the 501st and will not be following the BHG any longer.

This was my experience with one reviewer for the BHG, yours may differ. If you want to use them that is your choice and hopefully your experience is better than mine. I am just passing along what I learned.

Lazerjock
BH-84215

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back