Lazerjock's ROTJ Hero Fett Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I decided to push and get the dome paint finished. After 6 hrs straight I got it to this point. Man there is a lot of work to do the dome!

There is still final detailing that needs done, but I plan to do that at the end.

20200821_183426.jpg
20200821_183435.jpg
20200821_183443.jpg
20200821_183453.jpg

Thank you!
I wouldn't have attempted this without motivation from the members here.

I do need to repaint the area where the range finder ear piece meets the helmet. I painted the entire piece red, it should be half red & half green.
Easy fix.

Love the guitar stand doubling as a helmet stand! (y) Love the helmet interior as well. VERY clean.

Very nice on the liner install. Excellent job on the whole thing actually.

(I use a guitar stand for my helmets too)

Thank you!
Still need to do the fine details on the helmet. Probably start on that tomorrow.

WhiteShadow, do you have an insert for the cheeks? Maybe something in the works?

Since I consider the helmet finished at this point, I decided it needed a true stand instead of a paper towel roll. I was inspired by
jhfagan stands he built.

It came in just under $10. All parts from Lowes.
The 3 main parts are:

Outdoor yard drain $4.08

Slip Joint Extension Tube $4.10

Water pipe flange $0.98

Once all glued together I sprayed it primer with the intention of painting it another color, but once I got to see it with the helmet I liked it so much I decided to leave it grey.
I did hit it with a clear coat to protect from scratches although damage would be fitting for Fett.
The top is a piece of fleece spray glued on.

20200829_085423.jpg

20200829_090124.jpg

Last edited:
That stand config looks familiar? ;)
I agree, the plain grey kinda works!
Did one for my BS Vader ( which is now on my EFX ANH -not shown yet) and one for my brothers' "Sandman" Boushh.
Am in process making one for my EFX Trooper and EFX Fett, and one for another special helm I've got coming in soon! :)
They make GREAT stands! : )
20200719_013227.jpg20200719_013236.jpg20200727_122524.jpg20200824_225908A.png20200824_225908Ad.png20200824_230637A.jpg
I say again...your ROTJ helm looks 'effing great!

Thanks!!!!!

Your stand inspired me. I chose slightly different parts, but was shooting for your design. I edited my previous post to give you credit. Sorry I should have thought of that.
They say imitation is the best form of flattery.

Thanks!!!!!

Your stand inspired me. I chose slightly different parts, but was shooting for your design. I edited my previous post to give you credit. Sorry I should have thought of that.
They say imitation is the best form of flattery.
oh no worries....thx, but it's all to share here! : )

Sorry for the delayed update. Been crazy busy with other projects.
I weathered all of the soft parts and did a test fit over the weekend. I need to take in the thighs on the flight suit, add velcro to the ammo belt so it stops sliding down, adjust the jet pack harness to stop digging into my kidneys and replace the pin backs holding the armor to the vest with something more permanent. They pop off very easy.

My friend is a retired pro photographer and offered to do a photo shoot for my 501st submission Tuesday. This is really exciting. I'm almost finished!!!

The weather is not looking great for a photo shoot today so we rescheduled for Thursday.

I will post pictures once I get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back