General Keeping Knee Armor in place

cdogfett

New Hunter
My ROTJ Boba Fett is almost 100% Bobamaker. I guess I have skinny knees, but even tightening the elastic on the knee armor, they slip under my knees. Just look for the best ideas for keeping them over or at least right below the knee caps. I am thinking a velcro patch in the center and stick it to an exact spot on my flight suit?

Yep, Velcro on the knee cap on the flight suit plus the elastic strap. Some folks add snaps or Velcro to the sides on the flight suit, too, but I didn’t find that to be necessary. I don’t have huge legs either.

I have velcro on the kneecap sewed on by a tailor. Made sure it was right below where my knee bends so if I used the armor it would actually protect my knee/upper shin since they aren't flexible.

I also hot glued velcro on both the inside and outside of the elastic straps and hand sewed a piece velcro on my outer knee to make sure it stays straight and didn't droop from the weight of the metal darts.

I taped over the darts inside the knee piece with some clear packaging tape to be able to put velcro on the inside as well on a flat surface.

If you need photos of this let me know. It's never failed me in my 5 troops!

Last edited:
I have velcro on the kneecap sewed on by a tailor. Made sure it was right below where my knee bends so if I used the armor it would actually protect my knee/upper shin since they aren't flexible.

I also hot glued velcro on both the inside and outside of the elastic straps and hand sewed a piece velcro on my outer knee to make sure it stays straight and didn't droop from the weight of the metal darts.

I taped over the darts inside the knee piece with some clear packaging tape to be able to put velcro on the inside as well on a flat surface.

If you need photos of this let me know. It's never failed me in my 5 troops!
Hello. Please. I need photos

My ROTJ Boba Fett is almost 100% Bobamaker. I guess I have skinny knees, but even tightening the elastic on the knee armor, they slip under my knees. Just look for the best ideas for keeping them over or at least right below the knee caps. I am thinking a velcro patch in the center and stick it to an exact spot on my flight suit?
cdogfett
You're on the right track. I also have a full Boba Maker set of armor (to include Helmet, Gauntlets and Jetpack). And thats precisely what I ended up doing. In fact, you'll find that you'll need to do velcro for your Cod/Kidney too. I thought that the Cod velcro would be enough to hold the Kidney armor in place. But found that the Kidney armor liked to reposition itself underneath muh rump - Hahaha! Which looks a bit awkward. So, a set of velcro was needed for the Kidney armor as well. However, you'll want to sew the velcro right to the flight suit and not stick it (if that's what you meant).

Like so.....
Velcro and Hole Added to Flight Suit.jpg

(I'm still meaning to change out the white velcro for the Cod Armor to grey velcro as it'll match better with the flight suit but it is what I had to go with at the time.)

I used this stuff....
1646597623139.png

Since it comes with 2 strips per package I got 3 packages of it - and allocated it as such...
2 strips for the Cod Armor.
2 strips for the Kidney Armor.
1 strip cut in half for each of the Knee Armor.
And you'll still have some left over for repairs, etc.
Armor Attached - Headset Wire Routed.jpg

And as you can see.....not too bad!
ECCC - Dec 4th 2021.jpg

Hope this helps!

Best,
-Iron

P.S. I know, I know, that's NOT Boba Makers Jetpack. It is still under construction. But that JP is from Coz3D in case your curious.
1646598232747.png

Last edited:
Thanks Iron, that's what I plan to do with the knee armor. Just need to take some time and position them to get the patches in the right spots before sewing. Fortunately, my kidney cod stays up. Probably because of my big ass. lol.
Did you attach a boba thong? I was eventually planning to before applying for 501st approval.

cdogfett
At first, I was totally telling myself there is 100% absolutely no way am I doing the “Boba Thong”. But to be honest, as I kept building it all and watching it come together….it just looked weird without it.

…and now? Is it weird to say that I like how it hugs me just so?
:lol:

For the the Boba Thong, I used a piece of elastic strap, weathered it a bit and sew’d on a couple white squares of Velcro and the Velcro’d the other pieces to the Cod and Kidney armor.

-Iron

P.S. Also….concerning the knee armor, make sure there is enough space in between your shin tools and knee armor. Last thing you’ll want is for the knee armor to be scraping and scratching up the knee armors paint work.
o_O

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back