Jetpack Smoke System??

PropReplicator2

Active Hunter
So after watching the infamous test video of the super trooper, i have been intrigued by the smoke system in the jetpack with a trigger in the gauntlet. Does anyone know how this was accomplished for the video? This is the only pic i have to work with currently (taken from RF''s 40 stages thread) : Super Trooper Dressing (Back).jpeg
Does anyone know how this system would have worked??

Thanks,
Alex

idk how the original was accomplished, but DeathProof and I both have working smoke systems based on the MrRCSound smoke system (http://www.mrrcsound.com), but it has been removed from the site (the maker was on vacation when I wrote to him to ask about his generators, you may want to check out his support email). You might be able to work with something like this: Sky Writer Smoke Pump System, 6V | HorizonHobby
but that is a tanked system (needs an external tank of smoke fluid), but it is a lot less expensive than the MrRCSound. Here is DeathProof's build thread: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/deathproofs-rotj-fett-bh-32794-a-48471, and here's mine: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=55966

An alternative to our systems is a c02 style system that I believe is more like the original used in the 78' parade. I just prefer having more of a misting smoke rather than a c02 blast. I would advise looking at something similar to what we have as it is quite economical compared to a mini theatrical fogger and not very messy compared to a tank system.

An alternative to our systems is a c02 style system that I believe is more like the original used in the 78' parade. I just prefer having more of a misting smoke rather than a c02 blast. I would advise looking at something similar to what we have as it is quite economical compared to a mini theatrical fogger and not very messy compared to a tank system.
Yes i wanted something light but noticable. Dont need this jetpack any heavier than it is[emoji12]

Alex

So I'm going to put this method out there because I've used it with success in the building of my Ghostbuster's proton pack. I hope to eventually do the same JP, but probably won't get around to it until after the holidays. The mod is basically an e-cig conversion where you use a small 6/12v aquarium bubbler to blow air up through the bottom of an e-cig which is then dispersed via a cpu fan. The smoke blasts run about 4-6 seconds and I can easily get 30-40 blasts before refilling. I run a 50/50 mix of fog juice to glycerin so it's nontoxic, and every fill is literally only 2-3ml which is practically nothing. Total cost of parts was less than 40 bucks.

Please ask if anyone would like me to go into more detail. If you want to see what it looks like in action, do a quick search on the "tube" for <proton pack e-cig conversion>. These are not my videos, but it's the same method I used. Cheers!
-J

So I'm going to put this method out there because I've used it with success in the building of my Ghostbuster's proton pack. I hope to eventually do the same JP, but probably won't get around to it until after the holidays. The mod is basically an e-cig conversion where you use a small 6/12v aquarium bubbler to blow air up through the bottom of an e-cig which is then dispersed via a cpu fan. The smoke blasts run about 4-6 seconds and I can easily get 30-40 blasts before refilling. I run a 50/50 mix of fog juice to glycerin so it's nontoxic, and every fill is literally only 2-3ml which is practically nothing. Total cost of parts was less than 40 bucks.

Please ask if anyone would like me to go into more detail. If you want to see what it looks like in action, do a quick search on the "tube" for <proton pack e-cig conversion>. These are not my videos, but it's the same method I used. Cheers!
-J
Good to know!!

Alex

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back