Iron's ROTJ WIP

Aside from the top pic that RafalFett showed, the majority of screen shots kinda makes it seem that the buckle is worn off of Boba's right-hand side, yeah? Or do you guys think that doesn't matter?
The screen grabs show it off to the right because of all the harnessing done by the stuntman I'm sure. Imo I think it looks best centermass barely visible right below the vest.

Even on the ROTJ promo images the buckle is off center:
Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-02 Buckle.jpg

**UPDATE**
As we all have some great ideas I thought I would share what I'm doing next. In an effort to make things easier for me and people assisting me getting suited up here is my idea....
Tools and Material.jpg

Your probably thinking to yourself, what is this now?! Hahaha! So, the last few times suiting up, this part annoyed me greatly. But on my Arkady Flight Suit she has sewn into place an elastic piece that when I initially received it, had no idea how people got that system to work for attaching the hoses. Here is how I originally got it....
Arkady Flight Suit - Hose Hookup.jpg

Now I Dremel'd off the plastic piece and just left the elastic strap on there, but came up with my own idea. Sadly, it was not a very good long term solution. For one, I had to dangle my right gauntlet off of the Elastic Strap while suiting up. And yes a few times it tapped the ground.
1654890948071.png

Thankfully no damage to the Gauntlet on those occasions. But I've been toying with this idea for some time and finally got it into motion. You notice the half inch nylon webbing and what looks like a couple notches dug out of it. This was done so the locking D-Ring can easily move about. Without this....it is very stiff and doesn't move that great. The soldering iron was to singe the nylon webbing after my cuts so as to avoid fraying. Just looking to get the Elastic Strap removed and the nylon webbing put in its place....like so.....
The Solution.jpg

And with the hoses....
The Solution with Hoses.jpg

I'm looking to have the sewn up soon and will report back with how I feel about it!

-Iron

**UPDATE**
As we all have some great ideas I thought I would share what I'm doing next. In an effort to make things easier for me and people assisting me getting suited up here is my idea....
View attachment 224567

Your probably thinking to yourself, what is this now?! Hahaha! So, the last few times suiting up, this part annoyed me greatly. But on my Arkady Flight Suit she has sewn into place an elastic piece that when I initially received it, had no idea how people got that system to work for attaching the hoses. Here is how I originally got it....
View attachment 224568

Now I Dremel'd off the plastic piece and just left the elastic strap on there, but came up with my own idea. Sadly, it was not a very good long term solution. For one, I had to dangle my right gauntlet off of the Elastic Strap while suiting up. And yes a few times it tapped the ground.
View attachment 224569

Thankfully no damage to the Gauntlet on those occasions. But I've been toying with this idea for some time and finally got it into motion. You notice the half inch nylon webbing and what looks like a couple notches dug out of it. This was done so the locking D-Ring can easily move about. Without this....it is very stiff and doesn't move that great. The soldering iron was to singe the nylon webbing after my cuts so as to avoid fraying. Just looking to get the Elastic Strap removed and the nylon webbing put in its place....like so.....
View attachment 224570

And with the hoses....
View attachment 224571

I'm looking to have the sewn up soon and will report back with how I feel about it!

-Iron
That’s a lot of hardware you have there.

Took a break and went to the Washington State SummerCon yesterday!
Washington State SummerCon.jpg

I had an absolute blast and saw some amazing costumes out there! Here are a few pics from there....
Boba Fett and the Sith.jpg

Boba Fett, Mando's and the Empire.jpg

Boba Fett and The Armorer.jpg

Bo-Katan and Boba Fett.jpg

Boba and Aayla Secura.jpg

I also got a chance to do a Photo Op with....
Photo Voucher.jpg

Boba and Emperor Palpatine.JPG

Ian McDiarmid is such a super cool guy. He's Scottish so he has that accent. He looked, pointed at me and his eyes lit up and he goes "Oh Wow! Now that is a Great Costume!". It was flattering to hear such kind words from "The Emperor"!

Additionally, Amy Allen who portrays the Blue Twi'Lek Jedi "Aayla Secura", from Episode II and Episode III was there. That one Cosplayer I grabbed a photo with was lucky enough to get her photo with her!
Amy Allen and Aayla Secura.jpg

And Carey Jones was there too. Who plays as "Black Krrsantan" in The Book of Boba Fett! Dude is HUGE, coming in at 6'7"!
(His "Sho'Nuff" tee is great too!)
Carey Jones Black Krrsantan.jpg

All in all, had me good times and a great day! But I tell ya, 6 hours in the Boba Fett costume is pretty taxing! 24 hours later and I'm still pretty beat! I'm just thankful for the odd cooler weather we had yesterday - otherwise I wouldn't have lasted longer than a couple hours probably. Last June around this time the temperature was 117 degrees here in WA.
1655688181191.png
1655688186383.png
1655688191400.png

Also.....a Happy Fathers Day to all of my fellow "Fett Fathers" out there!
TDH - Fathers Day.png

Best,
-Iron

Last edited:
Happy Friday Fett's!

For those of you curious about the revised hose hook up to my Arkady flight suit. I forgot to mention that this was completed.....
New Hose Hookup.jpg

This debuted last Saturday while I was out at the Washington State SummerCon. In the 6 hours I was in the Fett Costume, I encountered no issues whatsoever. Additionally, it made suiting up a better overall experience which was the goal of this solution.
1656085961879.png

Best,
-Iron

Took a break and went to the Washington State SummerCon yesterday!
View attachment 224874

I had an absolute blast and saw some amazing costumes out there! Here are a few pics from there....
View attachment 224875

View attachment 224876

View attachment 224877

View attachment 224878

View attachment 224879

I also got a chance to do a Photo Op with....
View attachment 224880
View attachment 224881
Ian McDiarmid is such a super cool guy. He's Scottish so he has that accent. He looked, pointed at me and his eyes lit up and he goes "Oh Wow! Now that is a Great Costume!". It was flattering to hear such kind words from "The Emperor"!

Additionally, Amy Allen who portrays the Blue Twi'Lek Jedi "Aayla Secura", from Episode II and Episode III was there. That one Cosplayer I grabbed a photo with was lucky enough to get her photo with her!
View attachment 224882

And Carey Jones was there too. Who plays as "Black Krrsantan" in The Book of Boba Fett! Dude is HUGE, coming in at 6'7"!
(His "Sho'Nuff" tee is great too!)
View attachment 224883

All in all, had me good times and a great day! But I tell ya, 6 hours in the Boba Fett costume is pretty taxing! 24 hours later and I'm still pretty beat! I'm just thankful for the odd cooler weather we had yesterday - otherwise I wouldn't have lasted longer than a couple hours probably. Last June around this time the temperature was 117 degrees here in WA.
View attachment 224885 View attachment 224886 View attachment 224887

Also.....a Happy Fathers Day to all of my fellow "Fett Fathers" out there!
View attachment 224884

Best,
-Iron
Awesome pictures!!! Im glad I'm not the only one posting troop photos hahaha

Krewkid82
Again, hats off to you Texan's. I honestly don't know how you all do it round the summer months. It was in the mid 90's here today and yesterday. And on Saturday it hit 97 degrees, where a week ago (Saturday) at the SummerCon, was probably low 60's. I probably wouldn't have made it 1 hours let alone 6 hours in the Fett suit. I woulda suited up strictly for Ian McDiarmid and then back to the car to change - Hahahaha!

**Mini Update**
So, I think I got the last of the parts to build my Jetpack Harness. FullMetalFett's "Belt X Shaped Triglide Adjusters" arrived today! I still got lose me about 15-20 pounds. The pain is more or less gone from the workouts. Hardest part honestly, was cutting my sugary drinks out (Primarily Coca-Cola). I still have my cheat days and I so look forward to those. But my body has gotten used to primarily H20. Keep at it.

But so far, I think I have everything to build my Jetpack Harness, yes, yes?
PartVendor
Jetpack Harness FrameBig Dane (Older Generation)
Jetpack RingsFull Metal Fett
Belt X Shaped Triglide AdjustersFull Metal Fett
US Divers Buckle (2-Slot Variant)Full Metal Fett
Black Plastic Shoulder AdjustersAmazon
Vintage 80's Seatbelt Material (6 Yard's Worth)eBay
1.5" White Canvas Strap (4 Feet's Worth)Hobby Lobby

All Parts.jpg

I'm pretty sure that is it, yeah? Unless someone has something else they wish to draw my attention to.

Best,
-Iron

**Post Update**
Full Metal Fett has stated via PM that the buckle pictured is one of his.
:cool: (y)

Attachments

• 1656377311969.png
    1656377311969.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Maybe some rivets to go on the white webbing by the square rings as seen in the MoM exhibit?

I got mine from hobby lobby, believe they're double cap rivets. I also got the rivet setting tool there as well. Only a few bucks but it's a nice little detail to add.

Don't know if its film Era accurate or not though.
2346-801292a3f0a35272b3f18f0547cf1af6.jpg

Krewkid82
Again, hats off to you Texan's. I honestly don't know how you all do it round the summer months. It was in the mid 90's here today and yesterday. And on Saturday it hit 97 degrees, where a week ago (Saturday) at the SummerCon, was probably low 60's. I probably wouldn't have made it 1 hours let alone 6 hours in the Fett suit. I woulda suited up strictly for Ian McDiarmid and then back to the car to change - Hahahaha!
Hahahah yesterday was 102° and my car said 113° lol...its tough out here...I think my next big purchase is going to be one of those freeze vest to stay cool!

Hahahah yesterday was 102° and my car said 113° lol...its tough out here...I think my next big purchase is going to be one of those freeze vest to stay cool!
Krewkid82
I thought about that too. Just like how high-end gamers Liquid cool their PC's, you can pretty much do the same for your body! Just a quick look on Amazon and I found this....
1659299995173.png

Not too bad for $150.00 - but that's JUST for the shirt, the kit itself will run you anywhere from $650.00 to $800.00. For you.....in Texas, I'd think that'd be a wise investment. No need to kill your body from Heat Exhaustion or succumb to Heat Stroke - just to be Boba. I imagine you hydrate pretty well while in the costume. and if you do it right, you shouldn't need to go #1 frequently. Luckily I haven't had to use the restroom even during my 6 hour stint at the last Con I went to.

If you do, do this, let us know whatcha invest in and how it works.

Best,
-Iron

Last edited:
Krewkid82
I thought about that too. Just like how high-end gamers Liquid cool their PC's, you can pretty much do the same for your body! Just a quick look on Amazon and I found this....
View attachment 226512
Not too bad for $150.00 - but that's JUST for the shirt, the kit itself will run you anywhere from $650.00 to $800.00. For you.....in Texas, I'd think that'd be a wise investment. No need to kill you body from Heat Exhaustion or succumb to Heat Stroke - just to be Boba. I imagine you hydrate pretty well while in the costume. and if you do it right, you shouldn't need to go #1 frequently. Luckily I haven't had to use the restroom even during my 6 hour stint at the last Con I went to.

If you do, do this, let us know whatcha invest in and how it works.

Best,
-Iron
This is exactly what I need thanks iron!!!

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back