Iron's ROTJ WIP

Maybe some rivets to go on the white webbing by the square rings as seen in the MoM exhibit?

I got mine from hobby lobby, believe they're double cap rivets. I also got the rivet setting tool there as well. Only a few bucks but it's a nice little detail to add.

Don't know if its film Era accurate or not though.
View attachment 225160
That's what i used, 4 or 5 quid for the kit. Not sure when I'll use the other 96 double cap rivets tho :)

Had me a great time at the Emerald City Comic Con this past weekend and saw some pretty great costumes. I went there Friday and Saturday. Friday was to scope out the convention and see where all the cool things were at. And then Saturday took my kid who debut'd in her Boushh costume! (Both days I was in my Fett)

Boba at ECCC.jpg

Pikachu and Boba.jpg

Mando and Boba.jpg

Mando and DeadPool.jpg

Boba with The Armorer and a Jawa.jpg

Boba and some Mandos.jpg

Boba and Fennic.jpg

Being August, And the fact that the convention was A/C'd, I was actually quite comfortable in the costume. I lasted a whole 5 hours before calling it quits. But the very next day we found out that the convention's A/C broke and I was dying at the end of 3 hours. My daughter only lasted one hour. but she was a trooper for her first time being out. Here she is in her Boushh costume....
Boba and Boushh.jpg

Boushh and Boba.jpg

....as a concerned dad I was more worried about her comfort rather than grabbing pics. Next time I'll have someone there to act as a handler and photographer. Trying to handle your own costume on your own is somewhat difficult, but trying to manage two? Hahaha! So sadly, these were the only two shots that I was able to grab. After this pic we walked back to the car so she could change! I stayed in for two additional hours after that but it got too unbearable, we did however see some other great costumes out there!
Vader and Boba.jpg

Boba, Death Trooper and Second Sister.jpg

Me and a Death Trooper then had a small disagreement...
Boba vs Death Trooper.jpg

But then settled our differences...
Boba and a Death Trooper.jpg

Boba, Mando and Sabine Wren.jpg

All in all, a fun couple of days - albeit sweaty.
1661186206763.png
1661186214505.png
1661186222840.png

-Iron

Last edited:
Had me a great time at the Emerald City Comic Con this past weekend and saw some pretty great costumes. I went there Friday and Saturday. Friday was to scope out the convention and see where all the cool things were at. And then Saturday took my kid who debut'd in her Boushh costume! (Both days I was in my Fett)

View attachment 227752
View attachment 227753
View attachment 227754
View attachment 227755
View attachment 227756
View attachment 227757
View attachment 227758

Being August, And the fact that the convention was A/C'd, I was actually quite comfortable in the costume. I lasted a whole 5 hours before calling it quits. But the very next day we found out that the convention's A/C broke and I was dying at the end of 3 hours. My daughter only lasted one hour. but she was a trooper for her first time being out. Here she is in her Boushh costume....
View attachment 227759
View attachment 227760

....as a concerned dad I was more worried about her comfort rather than grabbing pics. Next time I'll have someone there to act as a handler and photographer. Trying to handle your own costume on your own is somewhat difficult, but trying to manage two? Hahaha! So sadly, these were the only two shots that I was able to grab. After this pic we walked back to the car so she could change! I stayed in for two additional hours after that but it got too unbearable, we did however see some other great costumes out there!
View attachment 227761
View attachment 227762

Me and a Death Trooper then had a small disagreement...
View attachment 227763

But then settled our differences...
View attachment 227764
View attachment 227765

All in all, a fun day - albeit sweaty.
View attachment 227767 View attachment 227768 View attachment 227769

-Iron
You both look fab. Your daughter's costume is ace :)

Fun times!
That is the tallest Jawa I’ve ever seen. :p
ShortFuse - Indeed! I'm 6' 2", that'd make the Jawa about 5' 6". Hehehe!

Dang dude awesome times that was!!! Glad to see your daughters kit finally...join the 501st already hahaha
Thanks Krewkid82 - It was totally great to see them side by side. 501st is in the works! Planning to submit in Q4 of 2022.

MiCom 2.0 SoundRig
(Large Update)

Hello Fellow Fett's,
I've been waiting to post this one a little bit till I had all components. As the title above suggest, this is for my newest upgrade called the MiCom 2.0 SoundRig. For those unaware of what the MiCom 2.0 SoundRig is or does, it is a way to interact with people around you with pre-recorded voices (91 sayings in all) which is to be used in conjunction with your Boba Fett costume. It makes use of an 8 button trigger board that fits into the palm of your hand - and is concealed by your glove. The MiCom company has many different voice profiles, from, Darth Vader, Stormtroopers Kylo Ren, Din Djarin, Chewbacca, Jawa, Boushh....and of course Boba Fett. When you order the MiCom it only comes with one profile template of your choosing. You can purchase additional profiles for a small fee and simply upload them to the Micro SD-Card. Which is great if you have multiple costumes.

Here is a quick 50 second demo of it in action (Note: That isn't me - hehe)...

There also an in-depth 9 minute demo and overview of the product from the manufacturer of the device...

So here is the kit as I got it...
Qty - Product

1 - MiCom 2.0 SoundRig (With Pre-Loaded Boba Fett Voice Profile)
1 - USB Power Bank
1 - USB Cable (Length: 12.5 inches)
1 - 3.5mm Audio Cable (Length: 24.75 inches)
The MiCom 2.0 SoundRig Kit.jpg

My intention is to install the MiCom in the Left Gauntlet.

One thing you'll need to get for sure is a speaker for this kit as it is NOT included. I was looking for something really low profile that I could set under the abdominal armor. After a few hours of searching I found one and I bought a "Harmon Kardon - Esquire Mini 2" just a touch smaller than my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Here is some promotional pics of it...
Harman Kardon - Esquire Mini 2.jpg

And here it is when I bought it - I found one on eBay for pretty cheap, brand new for $97.00....
Harmon Kardon - Esquire Mini 2.jpg

It was my original intention to have the speaker completely hard wired to the MiCom SoundRig, but after initial testing found that it didn't meet my expectations and so I went the Bluetooth route. So I had to look for a Bluetooth Transmitter, which I picked up from Amazon. In addition, I also got a little stubby Right Angle 3.5mm Audio Cable to connect the SoundRig to the Bluetooth Transmitter as well as a Right Angle USB Cable for the USB Power Bank.
The MiCom 2.0 SoundRig Kit with Speaker and BT Transmitter.jpg

Here are the Amazon Links to what I got...
BlueTooth Transmitter
3.5mm Right Angle Audio Cable
Right Angle USB Cable

Now that I had all the parts I had to get my alterations lady to get me a pocket built out under my abdominal armor. I first went to Hobby Lobby and picked up some bridal veil type material for its light weight and mesh properties. My alterations lady exceeded expectations....
The Pocket and Speaker Solution.jpg

I especially like the zipper she put on it too! It makes it easy to press the buttons from under the abdominal armor to control power and volume.

What I really liked, was hearing on the show Under the Helmet: The Legacy of Boba Fett was that on the pre-production Boba Fett in 1978 a young Ben Burtt said this: "Boba has sort of a radio voice, there's a speaker built into him here", and when he said that he took his hand and gestured to the abdominal armor....
Boba Fett - 1978 Test Footage.jpg

That was just something neat I took note of.

I now had to find a way install this into my Left Gauntlet. First thing I did was mount the USB Power Bank into the Flame Thrower section, which had me dremel our a wider opening in order to fit it as it also had to share the space with my 9v Battery that powers the Red LED on that Gauntlet....
Power Bank in Flame Thrower.jpg

Next was trying to find a way to secure the MiCom Soundboard to my Gauntlet, and for this I chose to hack away some of the foam and side it in underneath and using a small length of velcro with a grommet and tie it to the screw that holds my Gauntlet Rocket....
Velcro with Grommet and Grommet Kit.jpg

Velcro Strap.jpg

I still have yet to get suited up with it on and the first real test will be at the next convention, which is called...
KingCon.jpg

....which is in a few weeks.
1664742582570.png
1664742592599.png

But here it is all installed....
MiCom Installed.jpg

A little bit messy inside the Gauntlet, but the gear is secured and it is completely hidden, and I think that's all that matters.

And here is a little demo of the MiCom unit from my perspective....

But I think it's gonna be very cool to have the capability to interact with others, instead of my muffled voice under my helmet.

Best,
-Iron

Last edited:
Slave1Pirate117
Thanks! After seeing the Under the Helmet show, I kinda felt the same concerning those three holes. My Boba Maker armor.....It looks like Daz used a rectangle piece on the back side of the holes. I could possible remove it or simply punch holes into the armor, but the speaker does just fine without that. So I'll leave it, for now.

-Iron

Hello my fellow Fett's,
I've been super busy last couple weeks. But I've been wanting to post a few shots of what I had during my troop at a small local con called....
KingCon.jpg

Which was on Oct. 15th. It was a good little troop and got a chance to test out my MiCom and Speaker, which worked great - for this smaller event. I may try to locate a tweeter and small battery powered amp to tuck in that same pocket under my abdominal armor - more to come on that. But here are some pics....
Boba, Din, Mando and Princesses.jpg

Boba and Mando 1.jpg

Boba and Mando 2.jpg

I also got to partake in a little professional photography session with a local cosplay photographer....
Photo Oct 15 2022, 10 43 48 AM.jpg

Photo Oct 15 2022, 10 46 35 AM (1).jpg

It was good fun! The very next day I dressed again to take part and raise awareness in my communities "Candy Drive" they do for their "Happiest Halloween" event....
Happiest Halloween Logo.jpg

I got my Jawa there early for Candy Patrol....
Jawa on Candy Duty.jpg

Jawa guarding candy.jpg

My and my daughter walked around requesting candy donations too.
Boba, Boushh and a Jawa.jpg

Charlie with Boba and Boushh.jpg

Now, just hoping for non-rainy weather the night of Oct. 31st from 5:30pm to 9:30pm - last couple years, we've been lucky.
1666714399826.png

-Iron

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back