I know that most of you use amps in the bucket, but have you ever used a real radio?

Zurath Kodul

Active Hunter
I just installed a walkie-talkie haedset into my bucket, and the reception is crystal-clear. This would be a great way to stay in contact with a "spotter" at a con, wouldn't it? I'll have the cord going under my armor with the radio in a pouch on my belt, next to my blaster. I feel happy knowing that I'm making some progress on this.

Oh, a quick update on my armor: I have the "in-between" straps attached. All I need to add to the chest/stomach set is the collar, then I can put the straps along my back to wear it. If you're confused about the setup of my armor, I'll explain it better.

Well, I hope this is a *slightly* helpful topic, peace out.
HF

Cool, nice to know that you like it. I assume that I was the first to think of it? I don't want to sound braggy, but it'd feel good the be the first of something.

Well, I am sure I cant say. There isnt pretty much anything these guys havent tried or already may use.

Hmm, sounds like a good answer to me, pal. Just a question, what would you use for ventilation inside the helmet? Every night my hair smells like the bucket.

I make use of computer fans, also there are hardhat liners that you put in the freezer that do not condensate. I have not trooped with it but I did test it outside with a motorcycle helmet and mowed the grass it was about 80 outside it kept my head pretty cool and did not leak water down my head.

I dunno about the hair, I never had that problem but I did also get a head sock made from underarmor, having long hair it keeps it out of the way and neatly under the helmet for doning and removal.

Both problems where ongoing I just got around to doing something about it.

hopefull fett said:
I just installed a walkie-talkie haedset into my bucket, and the reception is crystal-clear. This would be a great way to stay in contact with a "spotter" at a con, wouldn't it? I'll have the cord going under my armor with the radio in a pouch on my belt, next to my blaster
HF

Quick suggestion: you could install the radio pouch inside of your gauntlet, and have the cord look like an addition to your costume. Or slip it into a hollowed-out area in your jet pack.

Excalibur said:
You mowed the grass in your Motorcycle helmet?.. Ok. Neighbours..

Ok in the past I have been outside in full plate swinging a large axe at an old manniquin, In a batman costume jumping around in Jason Vorhees wandering around at night and In Boba Fett armor checking my mail and just walking around.

Would you be concerned?

Boba_Fett_03 said:
Quick suggestion: you could install the radio pouch inside of your gauntlet, and have the cord look like an addition to your costume. Or slip it into a hollowed-out area in your jet pack.

I was thinking about putting all the radio equipment, batteries,voice amps, etc inside the hollowed sections of the jet pack. I also want to use that hollow space so that I can also put in a Camelback water bladder inside with a hose running under my armor to my helmet so I can drink without having to remove my helmet, or even use my hands at all. I pretty much want to be a self contained unit so I can speak to others through my amp/speaker system in my belt without having to yell, also talk to others through the radio without others being aware I'm talking to someone else, and also to be able to get a drink from the bite valve near my mouth inside the helmet, and stay cool with two high powered CPU fans running full blast. At least that's my "dream helmet" anyway...

Dha Syntir

Believe me when I say, you do not want any added weight to the jet pack. Unless you have a super strong constitution and a back of steel.

I certainly have no back-o-steel, no doubt about that. I was thinking that one of the smaller 1 liter bladders, the voice amp, walkie talkie or radio, a 6 volt battery or less if possible and that's about it. That doesn't sound like a whole lot but I'm sure it'll wear on you the longer you stand there. I guess it'll have to be a trial and back ache kinda thing...:p

Dha Syntir

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back