humbrol disaster

No need Major :) Finally both parts are holding the primer with no wrinkling :) I can't describe how relieved I am right now haha

All is looking good. I've now got the base silver coat on and will be masking in the next few days. I'm taking it slow this time. I'll post photos of my progress

Progress so far. I feel deja vu lol

Yellow going on top of silver (toothpaste masking fluid)
20151126_095156.jpg

my 'spray booth' :lol:
20151126_095219.jpg

And the first layer of Humbrol 78 :) Tomorrow I'll put the darker green on then I'll weather it. Finger crossed for the eventual clear coat in several days time

20151127_225427.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Silverstalker. After the primer I laid down a layer of Humbrol 11 (silver), then over that I used 81 (yellow), then 78 (green), then 117 (dark green), then weathered with 33 black

hope that helps and thank you for the kind words :)

Thanks for that its worth documenting all the color numbers we all use, I don't see a lot of the codes people use on their costume.

its handy to see what the end product and to know what code was used, that way people can get a look and see what suites their eye and choose from all these paint jobs..

keep it coming, keep the codes updated and keep up the good work (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
I truly appreciate you posting a thread like this. Keeping people aware of what not to do can save others so much time and headache! Beautiful recovery! ...sometimes the second time around is worth making the mistakes the first time.

Nice recovery. I had a the exact same orange peel wrinkling as you when I first started. I think we all go through it when we first get started, not using primer, not allowing it to cue/dry properly, weather factors or just rushing it...it takes so much patience and waiting. A very frustrating experience, but you should good from here on out....

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back