Jet Pack Humbrol or model master equivalent to floquil light blue?

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
I’m looking for something that closely matches the floquil light blue for my ROTJ Jetpack paint ups. I’m getting super low in the floquil and its getting harder and harder to find.

I need it in enamels as I tend to use both rattlecan and airbrush and have a bunch of enamels I can use to mix if need be. A close match is ok .. I don’t mind Mixing I Just don’t have the time or cash at the moment to buy random colors to figure out which to start with.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You might be SOL for an out of bottle match. Rumor has it as well Rustoleum (who currently owns MM) is discontinuing a ton of MM colors too because they of course cant go making a better product than their crappy namebrand sprays

Last edited:
Lou,
Have you considered trying Krylon Short Cuts-ocean blue? We used it on an ROTJ Jetpack and satisfied with the outcome. Here is a comparison photo of yours and the krylon before weathering details for reference. It is not an exact match, but can work with the right weathering details.
51CEFA44-FAC0-4955-92A5-35EA1CE5B106.jpeg

You might be SOL for an out of bottle match. Rumor has it as well Rustoleum (who currently owns MM) is discontinuing a ton of MM colors too because they of course cant go making a better product than their crappy namebrand sprays

haha oh i know i wont get an out of bottle match, im fine with mixing...i could swear someo ne said there was a close match in a humbrol, and i figured id start with whatever that was (cant find anything via search) and try and get it best i can. I still have 2 bottle of the floquil light blue so i can match it to that. Yea i heard they were discontinuing a bunch i noticed that my hobby shop is out of MM Panzer Oliv Grun...and thats what i use as my start color for pretty much all the ESB parts, mixed with varying amounts of MM RLM63 light blu. This is gonna suck if they discontinue those colors...i'll have to make a mix with humbrols.

TFett, im trying to find something i can play mixy mixy with so i can get it as close as possible. I did use a rattle can at one time but i cant remember what it was lol. But i really want to find something i can airbrush.

Im not going to be doing paintups much anymore, but i will need to do my stuff at some point lol

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back