How to un-stiff my gauntlet hoses?

TK6829

Hunter
Any help on this?

I have a set of hoses I just purchased at a local hardware store. They look good, but are super stiff. They are not going to give me much flexability, and I am worried.

Any tips on how to soften these up?

They are kind of thick. (ARGH)

Anyone got suggestions of where to get BETTER hoses?
I can shop online if necessary!

Try sitting there with them for 5 minutes constantly felxing them. See if it starts to give?
I was going to type 10 minutes, but that's cruel. LOL

i was talking about the flexibility issues with the gauntlet hoses with my dad earlier today, i told him it had to be clear, flexible and with a mesh in it, he said fuel hose might work well.

-Wulfie

I had hoses like that, they never got any softer.
You know the little spray gun on the side of your kitchen sink? I bought a couple replacements of those. The little sprayer comes with a braided hose and they are much more flexable. The ones I got have the same mesh inside.

Oh ya and how do you keep your sleeve from creeping up the hose?? know what I mean? I posted thins in another thread and didn't get a reply...

I believe it's the same hose as the one on the sink, when it comes to the plumbing hose, they're made hard for some reason but air hoses are soft, I think the ones on the spray guns on the sink are the same as the air hose because they dont require much pressure, as for the sleeve creeping up, I only had that problem when my hose was stiff, When it was stiff it kept a curve that it was given during packaging so it just slid up the hose. if that makes any sense

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back