How much paint?

Furious

Active Hunter
Hey guys, I have searched but can't really find an answer so was hoping someone can help me out. How much of an area on a helmet will 1/2 oz of humbrol paint cover from an airbrush? Do I need to buy a couple extra of the base green since that is the largest area obviously?

Hi bud..

While different weather conditions, compressor psi, and thinner to paint ratios will change things a little, generally, 1 tin will usually be more than enough for large coverage areas. But to be honest, I always like to safeguard myself, for purposes of testing colours, and if I make a mistake here and there mixing thinner, or ratios of different colours. So as a general rule, I like to have 3 tins on hand for the bigger colours (greens and reds), 2 tins for medium needed colours (greys and blacks), and 1 tin for the colours with only small coverage areas.. Peace :)

Thank you! I appreciate the info!

Hi bud..

While different weather conditions, compressor psi, and thinner to paint ratios will change things a little, generally, 1 tin will usually be more than enough for large coverage areas. But to be honest, I always like to safeguard myself, for purposes of testing colours, and if I make a mistake here and there mixing thinner, or ratios of different colours. So as a general rule, I like to have 3 tins on hand for the bigger colours (greens and reds), 2 tins for medium needed colours (greys and blacks), and 1 tin for the colours with only small coverage areas.. Peace :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back