Hey everyone, it has been a long time since I have even logged on to this awesome site as my wife has been very ill over the last few months and I have kind of lost interest in my little project.... but things have turned around a little lately and my mind has instantly turned back to my helmet and you great people! I haven't any progress to show... but I will soon be working on the ears. Just thought I would pop in and let you know I am still around and intend to be back on theses pages more often. hobbit057/Dave.
Hello all, my apologies for not being around for such a loong time. (My lack of participation is disturbing) Life has a way of taking you away from your hobbies sometimes. And my little project got shelved. Thanks to the latest Star Wars movie for reminding and rekindling my interest again. Much to my wife's annoyance. Hope my old friends here are well and still have keen eyes. Because I feel like I have to learn to start crawling before I can walk through the rest of this paint up.
Okay! Some progress! Not a big update but progress is progress. I attached the right ear to the lid. I hate doing anything too permanent. Like drilling and gluing Lol! I have to wait to paint the ears as my maskol is all dried up over the years. But I can use that time to get back in the groove and get busy researching. More to come.
Hey Ryan, thanks No decals with this kit. If you're referring to the ear decals? Not sure if there were any available or not. I'm going to paint them on later. Not sure where you can get them though... sorry. It's possible Bobamaker makes them.
Quick update! Can't go any further until my maskol arrives (probably Wednesday). But I have mummified Boba's lid for some ear waxing.... or painting.... What was I saying? *ahem
Anyhoo! Metallic silver (Humbrol 11) for the right rangefinder ear and a splash of Cpt. Scarlet (Humbrol 60) on the left ear. Hopefully this'll make sense in the next few updates... Thanks for looking
Here is a quick update on my ears and I'm happy to say, I have finished all the base colours now. With just some stickers, touch ups and a WHOLE LOTTA weathering!! Rangefinder ear Humbrol grey 79 then sand 94. Left ear grey 28+64 mixed 1:1. and green 159+78 mixed 1:1 (all paint colours mixed to Terminal Fettlers/Jayvee's ESB paint ups.)
Please feel free to comment and let me know if you think I've missed anything. (remember I still have ((painted)) decals to add). Cheers!
QUOTE=ScottS;678984]I think it looks awesome cant wait for more updates[/QUOTE]
A nice bumper update for y'all! Here's some pics of prepping with masking tape......Masking on a hot, humid, stormy day... is a fracking nightmare! I did make a small boo boo with the left ear sticker (the right bottom edge not being long enough). But all-in-all the overall look is quite nice. The right (Rangefinder) ear is still in between coats, so not much to show there. But, here's a few pics of the whole thang minus the rangefinder. I love ripping off (very gently), the masking tape and paper.... better than Xmas man! Thanks for looking. Enjoy my friends!
Another quick update on my bucket. I did a LOT of weathering this weekend. Rust marks around the trim, splatter marks and MORE scratches.
The ears are nearly done, just a few touch ups. Still have more scratches and various grease/misting and splatter marks to do.
Also the rangefinder stalk isn't painted or weathered yet.... more to come. Let me know what you think.... Thanks for looking!