Help me pick a bucket.

MinuteFett

Active Hunter
Hey guys, so I'm a newbie and I've purchased my first helmet online and I have the option to pick between three different buckets but I can't decide! I'm looking for the best representation of an ESB/SE helmet. Any input would help guys. Thanks!
IMG_2397.JPGIMG_2398.JPGIMG_2399.JPG

Why is that? I understand it might not be one of the best quality helmets but it'll be my first.

While it might be your first helmet the others are correct. You are going to regret not going the full mile so to speak if you don't get an accurate and quality helmet. I myself am an example of such lol. I recommend getting in touch with Wasteland and purchasing an FPH2 off of him. They don't come painted so you will have to commission someone to do that as well. Also while speaking of paint ups Raizo here does them himself, and he does an amazing job too. So while it might cost you a bit, it will save you the time and money from having to invest in another down the road. Also the FPH2 is in my opinion one of the most accurate representations of the ESB bucket. Well that was my 2 cents lol, good luck man and I hope this helped :)

Those don't look 501st approvable.

Jk.

actually, I'm sure they would be approvable, but in this community, we all hold a higher standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know people hold there helmets here to a higher degree and I intend on purchasing a better helmet from a veteran in these forums in the future but for now I honestly don't mind as I'm just trying to find the most economic way to finish an SE boba fett. Hope that doesn't disappoint. I have talked to a few people about paintjobs and blank helmets and all together was getting quoted over 550$ which was way out of my budget. So when I saw this helmet for 300$ I guess I jumped on it too soon but have already made the purchase. Thank you all for the input it was very much appreciated and I'll remember wasteland and raizos names for whenever I decide to purchase one of your a+ helmets . And sorry that's all the pictures I had /: .

Based on those pictures I'd take the middle helmet. All appear to suffer some sort of warping but the pictures aren't great so it's tough to tell. Middle one looks like it could be a Master Replicas recast. Not sure about the other two.

Could the one to the left be a FPH2 recast and the one to the right a MSH recast?

The mandible thickness of the right looks like it might even be a target helmet. I can't imagine anyone casting that thick.

I do think the right imo has a better 'from a distance' look with it's paint though. It's patterning isn't accurate, and the weathering is too dark, but it does look like it uses more chipped layers than the middle, and honestly most people remember the helmet more darkly weathered than it actually is. The middle is more of a ROTJ-style scratched weathering, but with loosely ESB patterns, strange mixup.

However, yeah, the middle looks like a much better sculpt. The right is either a cheap target helmet, or a way overly thick cast that's going to be a bit heavy.

They are definitely not all the same source though, and I'm not sure I would trust anyone who tried to sell em to me under that premise.

Yeah, could be. They're not all MR recasts though or if they did all come from the same mould then I'd be worried. I had a look at the Sithplanet site and the results there seem quite mixed. Not one I'd come across before. Have they been around long?

This very much depends on your goals. 100% movie accurate? Something most everyone who's ever heard of Star Wars will recognize but 0.02% will deem inaccurate? To each their own, my goal is 501st approval level 3 or whatever's highest and possibly LFL approval.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back