Head's Up Display in my helmet

good lord thats small!

I like the macro display idea, with all kinds of feeds going into it, but what I personaly am trying to track down is a full on projected display, (think Iron Man helmet) but within the laws of the real world of course, it don't seem liekly I will find such a thing sadly so a macro screen would be the way to go!

@ Go Fett Your Self Yes you are also correct this is just the google glass but I don't have the money for one to be gluing it intop my helmet :lol:

Makes two of us haha... There is a micro projector out there. It's really small, small enough to consider for install in a bucket perhaps depending on the person's fit. I haven't looked to much into it as its not an investment I'm looking to make the. But it's DEFINITELY not Google glass pricey. However, if u r going to Tony Stark your bucket, one should expect to invest a bit more to some degree.

Not sure it would work at close distance as its a 1000:1 ratio. But... Haven't tested so maybe. Called a mini ray LED projector

I have been looking into almost everything I can think of but most of the gear that is out there seems to be fit for one task, so it's hard to find anything that can be repurposed the closest thing is the google glasses, sadly all the parts needed are just not commercially available (cheep enough anyway) to lash one together.

I have reached an impasse :unsure......and I hate that.... so many good ideas have been shown here it's just to costly to get them all together I feel.

I have just stumbled over this. Its the new BMW motorbike helmet with integrated HUD:

Huge fan of the BMW HUD. At that level, I feel the audio component that would compliments that is the blinc m2 unit. Also VERY reasonably priced.

VCAN Blinc M2 and M1 Bluetooth - Demo & Installtion Review Video - CountyImports.com 877-300-8707 - YouTube

0238f8370353e241b0cbc02378d175e0.jpg

238eea45fda8e02b6f539e782dc21ed4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll use it anyways in my goggles for snowboarding, so either way it's a win :) The cool thing is, they're coming out with new apps all the time. I love using my Jet glasses with my GoPro.

Sent from my iPad

I'll use it anyways in my goggles for snowboarding, so either way it's a win :) The cool thing is, they're coming out with new apps all the time. I love using my Jet glasses with my GoPro.

Sent from my iPad

I definitely have some other applications that I would use that to justify the cost. It at least I could come up with some haha.

Pretty unnecessary, but TOTALLY worth it!!

Thanks guys... As if this costume wasn't expensive enough.

Thats very cool. I wonder if you can build a GoPro into the helmets viewfinder somehow.

No (way too big), but there is an RC camera that has an SD card in it from FATSHARK, that I'm sure someone skilled enough could do it. I print custom brackets for these on quadcopters...I think they'd do a decent job.

I like the way this is still going, I havent given up totaly yet, I was playing with magnifiers and small screen displays to expand an image on the visor, crazy stuff and ideas. Once there is a good concept for
screen projected display (would ove that) and relevent information to be displayed I will be all over it, again totaly pointless thing to do but why not (y)

I like the way this is still going, I havent given up totaly yet, I was playing with magnifiers and small screen displays to expand an image on the visor, crazy stuff and ideas. Once there is a good concept for
screen projected display (would ove that) and relevent information to be displayed I will be all over it, again totaly pointless thing to do but why not (y)
As far as images on the visor go, it reminded me of a project that I worked on while at a previous company. They were huge with video systems that connected both the soldier and the drone, but they wanted more. They brought me on because of so some of the gadgetry that I'm into and asked for ideas. Over a two year period, we took the glasses concept from Ghost Recon, where the glasses have a HUD of sorts imbedded in the lens. Then took the powered frame from my Recon Jet glasses, added a nanite-coated polymer over the lens that reacted when powered, much like a computer monitor. The pack had tech built into it, such as Blue Force Tracker (military GPS of sorts), Ballistic Tracking (gunshot location/direction), facial recognition and other stuff. I left before it was finished, but it showed some severe promise...obviously its more than what you'd need to our application, but the facial tracking would be cool.

Good lord! Haha... sounds amazing to be honest if there is one thing that would be good is a wrap around camera so you can actually see where you going...

I was even thinking of a car reverse sensors in my jetpack to warn of an up coming bash!

I have thoughts like that about what can be repurposed from time to time.. bits of tech here and there just to really get absorbed in it I suppose.... I will keep looking into this HUD however and see what the possibilities are..

That it awsome, so you could just have a feed from like your phone or something like that plugged into it? then all you would need is a rotating display of say, clock, temp, see what your fitbit is saying regarding to how far you walked and so on and so on. And (if its a big event you are at) something like twitter feed, or Facebook up dates comng through so you can see the hype at the show and get the latest buzz of whats happening there?
Did this ever pan out? Also what is that called?

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back