Got a girth belt... Finaly! :)

evan4218

Active Hunter
Well thanks to a few tips (thanks to morpheus1977 and Gillmore for sudjesting the local Petsmart) I found a mohair girth in a good length. I am going to mod the length just a tad but that should be easy enough to do. I only need to shave off an inch on each side. :)

Belive it or not it only costs $7.99 to get the correct type of mohair girth... allthough they may have rung it up wrong becase it didnt have a tag and a lady had to go back and find something similar that did. I can tell its not a sinth becase it makes me itch like mad when it touches my skin. I am alergic to mohair. ;)

After trying it on with my ammo belt, cod and vest I think my calculation to have the vest sewn long was an error. To look correct I had to fold the vest under an inch. But thats an easy fix as well. (y)

I attached a pic to get yalls opinion on the adjustment on the vestola!

girth1.jpg

girth2.jpg

Actually, Justin, I'd let the vest out. My favorite 'look' is when the vest touches the top of the ammo belt, then the girth, cod, etc. No jumpsuit showing. Again, that's my personal opinion. :)

batninja said:
Actually, Justin, I'd let the vest out. My favorite 'look' is when the vest touches the top of the ammo belt, then the girth, cod, etc. No jumpsuit showing. Again, that's my personal opinion. :)

I aree with Eric. I was just checking Fett pics and the vest does need to be a bit lower. Also this too is just an opinion. :D

batninja said:

When I let it just hang with no fold under it touches the top of the ammo belts and lays on them just a tad. With the ab plate it would most likely push the ammo belt down just a tad. I will show you what I mean on the 12th.

Behold, we have dye!!!! It worked, it actualy worked.... sadly I had to dye it twice, first time I tried hot water from the sink in a tub... didnt work.... then I simmered it in a pot with dye... that worked great!!!!

I will buy out my local Petsmarts and post what I get for yall!

This is a pic I took after rinced it off in cold water for 5 minutes or so to clean the excess dye off. That is with flash too! No pink here folks!!!

DSCN2071.jpg

Girthsm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
evan4218 said:
Behold, we have dye!!!! It worked, it actualy worked.... sadly I had to dye it twice, first time I tried hot water from the sink in a tub... didnt work.... then I simmered it in a pot with dye... that worked great!!!!

I will buy out my local Petsmarts and post what I get for yall!

This is a pic I took after rinced it off in cold water for 5 minutes or so to clean the excess dye off. That is with flash too! No pink here folks!!!

Awesome!!! :cheers

It was actualy tricky to find for me as well. It was over in the Hoarse section on a endcap back by the wall. It was not with the normal stock of girth and tack. I will by buying out my local stores and dyeing and adding screen accurate straps to the ones I find. I will post in the cargo hold to see what sizes folks need and see what I can come up with to help them out.

Not all Petsmart's carry these. Look at their web sit to see if your local store carries horse related products. The closest one to me that caries them is over 3hrs away. I did find some on ebay that worked great.
Mark

Actually, from what I understand from my PetSmart. These types have been discountinued. I ended up purchasing the only 38" they had, but it's too big. Mine were located in the normal girth belt section.

I posted something about this a while back but I picked mine up for 7.00 and recently popped back into find 2 more only they were sized 51 and 57 (I believe) and they were knocked down to 5.00.

nice find - but the petsmart here doesn't carry horse products.
(i suspect some of the dogfood is horse meat, but....)

I lucked out and found a mohair belt on ebay for $5.00 (size 36).

about $10 to dye it - and i'm happy with it.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back