Gauntlet blueprints

bumping this back up... after shattering my fiberglass gauntlets pretty nicely, i decided to use these templates to build a replacement.

i've got the upper shell of the left gaunt almost done. i just have to do a bit more sanding to smooth out the bondo. it's looking great. these templates are very well done!!

i've taken a bunch of progress pics, but haven't pulled them off the camera yet. hopefully tonight i'll get them posted.

o.k. I have the blueprints, stencled, cut and so on. They look great so far thanks to your plans however I'm having difficulties with my abstract spacial reasoning... I can't seem to figure out the assembly of the gauntlet sleeves themselves. Any suggestions or directions would muchly appreciated

First off.. welcome aboard? maybe introduce yourself in the intro thread so that we know a little about ya etc... ;)

Ok, you mean the lower clams?
If you look at post #124 you will see how I did mine - 2 layers of 1mm foamex (or Sintra for USA) glued together then at both ends of the clam you have an extra 1mm thick shim part that glues to the inner surface to give the impression of depth...

o.k. I have the blueprints, stencled, cut and so on. They look great so far thanks to your plans however I'm having difficulties with my abstract spacial reasoning... I can't seem to figure out the assembly of the gauntlet sleeves themselves. Any suggestions or directions would muchly appreciated

if it's of any help, my progress thread is here:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=25892

my progress has stalled as i change jobs, do some house work, etc... but there are some shots of how the pieces go together.

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. Hi, I'm Arjae. I'm experienced with costume design but technologically challenged (be kind, I just got e-mail last week). I've been working on my custom beskar'gam for the past month and a half and after a few difficulties, it's finally turning out the way I wanted...except the gauntlet sleeves. Using 1/8"sintra and I don't know how this little puzzle works...left over pieces

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, im new to all this and i will try to acquire sintra for the gauntlets if i can, but i need some help. i've never used sintra so, i hear its kinda like a football mouth guard in that u heat the sintra with hot water and shape it... am i correct? and the other thing is r there any templates that alan (WOF) has for Boba's gauntlets on his first post, cuz i think i missed em...

this may be a very silly question, but are the upper and lower clamshells of the one piece or are the left as two pieces and attacehd by some sort of clasp.... i've used the WoF blueprints for my helmet which turned out amazing, and im excited to start on the guantlets but need this figured out before i start out... thanks so much

Chris

my admired wof............i preciate your work..........thank you........................and here is some of my progress.

IMG00880[1].jpg

finally getting around to starting mine, but im making them from cardboard...
once i get some pics ill post

thanks a lot for the templates, you are the man
-rudy

Hey guys. I'm working on my left gauntlet, and i found some parts that i'm not sure of where to put.:confused
I think i found the wide ones just now, used inside the gauntlets. But the long thin ones in the pics is a mystery for me.
Can anyone identify these???:wacko
Thanks

Attachments

• gauntlet details.bmp
    802.6 KB · Views: 683
Just discovered these - might be teh answer to my gauntlet woes - still makes me fear them. Guess I won't know until I give it a shot. i really need info on how to put them together etc.

Hey guys. I'm working on my left gauntlet, and i found some parts that i'm not sure of where to put.:confused
I think i found the wide ones just now, used inside the gauntlets. But the long thin ones in the pics is a mystery for me.
Can anyone identify these???:wacko
Thanks

Hey bud,

The 2 curved parts are for the inside of the gauntlets, there should be 2 of each? the smaller ones are glued to the inner rim (around the wrist) these are to give the impression of thicker material... ;)
The other 2 strips are I believe to be for the Flamethrower?

Hey bud,

The 2 curved parts are for the inside of the gauntlets, there should be 2 of each? the smaller ones are glued to the inner rim (around the wrist) these are to give the impression of thicker material... ;)
The other 2 strips are I believe to be for the Flamethrower?

Hey Gav.
Thanks for the reply, but i managed to figure this out the day after i posted the question. I forgot that i posted this.:facepalm

Hey there I'm new to the dented helmet and very excited about it! I just love your templates! I was having a heck of a time finding reference material and this is just such a great help I'm considering trashing the gauntlets I started cause the scale is kind of goofy! Thanks so much for your hard work!

Hey, I just want to say that these blueprints are fantastic im currently making mine out of cardboard and its coming along quite well. I still have to do the left hand gauntlet but the right one is pretty much done. once again thank you for the blueprints. Tell me what you guys think.

PS. I have used lots and lots of insulating and silver packing tape

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back