Gauntlet blueprints

bpwmd

Hunter
This feels like a stupid question but here we go anyway.
the gauntlets are roughly a cone shape which means the get wider at the back right?
so the curve templates..... where along the cone is that shape for?
Or am I supposed to use the inner AND outer edge of the template on the front and back of the template as appropriate?

PropReplicator2

Active Hunter
This feels like a stupid question but here we go anyway.
the gauntlets are roughly a cone shape which means the get wider at the back right?
so the curve templates..... where along the cone is that shape for?
Or am I supposed to use the inner AND outer edge of the template on the front and back of the template as appropriate?
I was also confused. Not a stupid question.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560

PropReplicator2

Active Hunter
No. I'm working on it though. Been looking at these blue prints for ever and can find no use for them:/. Maybe if you print them out and temporarly tape them together you will find where the curved pieces go? I'm not sure though.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560

bpwmd

Hunter
Hey guys.. just a couple of updates, first the upper clamshell for the right Gauntlet, secondly the outer section to the right Gauntlet... More to follow when I have formed the lower clamshells (when I get the materials :()

how well did this end up working with the 3mm sintra>??
how would one make the shallow square cutouts when using thicker stuff.
though I imagine using 3mm on the boxy to stuff and layered 1mm on the clams wouldn't be bad would it???

Malkavian

Hunter
I used a combination of 3mm and 1mm Sintra. I suggest building a proto-type out of card board to get an idea on how things fit-then you'll know where you need to add or remove material due to the increase thickness.

shermana

New Hunter
Not sure if this thread is still being monitored. Perhaps there is a newer template out there but this seems to be the best I can find.
I have 2 questions:

1 - Are the pages meant to print with a border around each page? When I try to print it borderless and scale it to the limits of the printer the parts don't line up when taping together as it isn't scaling properly.

2 - Are there any resources or tips with working with 1mm sintra? What glue to use? Am I mean to bend or cut or both? etc...?

Thank You

Mythosaur

New Hunter
Not sure if this thread is still being monitored. Perhaps there is a newer template out there but this seems to be the best I can find.
I have 2 questions:

1 - Are the pages meant to print with a border around each page? When I try to print it borderless and scale it to the limits of the printer the parts don't line up when taping together as it isn't scaling properly.

2 - Are there any resources or tips with working with 1mm sintra? What glue to use? Am I mean to bend or cut or both? etc...?

Thank You

They print with the border, the files are designed to basically just be printed without adjustment from a PDF viewer. As far as glue, I use either super glue or E6000 depending on use. Super glue is nice because it creates a chemical bond to sintra.