Gauntlet blueprints

bpwmd

Hunter
This feels like a stupid question but here we go anyway.
the gauntlets are roughly a cone shape which means the get wider at the back right?
so the curve templates..... where along the cone is that shape for?
Or am I supposed to use the inner AND outer edge of the template on the front and back of the template as appropriate?

This feels like a stupid question but here we go anyway.
the gauntlets are roughly a cone shape which means the get wider at the back right?
so the curve templates..... where along the cone is that shape for?
Or am I supposed to use the inner AND outer edge of the template on the front and back of the template as appropriate?
I was also confused. Not a stupid question.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560

No. I'm working on it though. Been looking at these blue prints for ever and can find no use for them:/. Maybe if you print them out and temporarly tape them together you will find where the curved pieces go? I'm not sure though.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560

bpwmd

Hunter
Hey guys.. just a couple of updates, first the upper clamshell for the right Gauntlet, secondly the outer section to the right Gauntlet... More to follow when I have formed the lower clamshells (when I get the materials :()

how well did this end up working with the 3mm sintra>??
how would one make the shallow square cutouts when using thicker stuff.
though I imagine using 3mm on the boxy to stuff and layered 1mm on the clams wouldn't be bad would it???

Malkavian

Hunter
I used a combination of 3mm and 1mm Sintra. I suggest building a proto-type out of card board to get an idea on how things fit-then you'll know where you need to add or remove material due to the increase thickness.