Free Girth belt strands

sorry mate,I was offering original pieces of the cut down girth belts,for samples for ppl to match the colour and type of material,but no-one seemed interested............I thought ppl might compare dyeing to the real colouring of the strands.Just seems like a shame to toss out the pieces as I'm sure this the real girth used in the SW films.These belts were stored for over 30 years in a warehouse,and they were a lucky find as we were looking for other items at the time.Dad was buying canvas to make a sailing ship set for a childrens tv pilot,and found the belts in a dusty old corner of the ware house.Since then,I have tried to locate the original maker,but no luck so far.We bought these belts nearly 4 years ago,and thought that they were a commonly found item.Now we know that is not the case.
There are guys who think that the esb and rotj belts are a different colour,but if you look at the comparison photos I posted,you can see this is not true.
I know,I know,I'm probably going to get my head kicked over this,but I truly believe I have the original belt type here.I have only 3 left,and I'm keeping those,as I know know how rare they are.
Please understand,neither I nor my Dad,who was a member here,are trying to
grandstand or be heroes here,but some debates can get very nasty on TDH.
The offer of the real strand samples was a genuine offer to makers of their own belts to match the colour of the original material,no more,no less.
E2K makes great belts,but keeping his dye mix a secret(as he should),but for others who like to DIY,I thought having an original piece to compare,you'd get a better,more authentic look for your homemade belt.
For photos of the strands that were cut fron an original belt,go here........
http://fettphotoz.myphotoalbum.com

Jake:)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back