FPH2 vs WF Fugly

DCFett

New Hunter
Hey guys

I’m in the process of having an ESB helmet commissioned, and as far as the helmet kit goes I’ve narrowed it down to two options - the FPH2 and the WF Fugly.

I think it’s very hard to get a kit that matches the same size and flaring as the ESB movie hero. I don’t know why but for some reason wasted fett’s version of the FPH2 seems far more flared than others I’ve seen? Which is one of the reasons I’m considering it.

His fugly helmet from what I have seen so far also seems to achieve this accurate flared look, however I can literally only find a handful of pictures of it online... has anyone got any media around the fugly kit (finished or unfinished)? It looks very similar to the FPH2 kit he offers, but I need access to more photos before I can make my mind up between the two.

I have tried messaging Wasted Fett directly through various forms of social media, but I’ve been lead to believe he has not came back from a year end break yet.

So until then if anyone has either any photos of FPH2 kits, WF Fugly kits or any other kits they believe match the look of the ESB movie hero then please post as much as you have

Likewise any opinions on different kits, I am open to hear your advice

Cheers lads

Here are two SJ paintups. One for the Fugly and the other one for the FPH2. Perhaps they can help you decide.

Here are two SJ paintups. One for the Fugly and the other one for the FPH2. Perhaps they can help you decide.

Superjedi’s work is some of the only pictures I’ve seen of the Fugly.

What is your opinion between the two of them?

I don’t know what the lineage of the FPH2 is, but the Fugly has more direct lineage to the ESB helmet so I would recommend that helmet out of the two.

If you’re concerned about flare, Ord Mantell makes a compelling case for reshaping a lineage helmet to add back some of the flare that was lost over the years.

As far as lineage goes I’ve also just ordered an RS Propmasters Lineage esb cast. So I’m not overly concerned about the lineage for this particular commission, it’s more the look - although the fact the fugly has some direct lineage to the OG esb hero is always a plus

FUGLY is a cleaned up G5*ish* SE with only ESB damage and flare.

There's been chatter than the FPH2 is a cleaned up Malone helmet or something of that nature. Having a FPH2, FUGLY, and G2 Hero...there's no way the FPH2 doesn't trace its lineage from the hero. ;-)

Superjedi’s work is some of the only pictures I’ve seen of the Fugly.

What is your opinion between the two of them?

As far as lineage goes I’ve also just ordered an RS Propmasters Lineage esb cast. So I’m not overly concerned about the lineage for this particular commission, it’s more the look - although the fact the fugly has some direct lineage to the OG esb hero is always a plus
IMO, I would go with the Fugly for your needs.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back