FP ROTJ Gauntlet Progress

Hey Gator Fett,

Very Nice job on the Gauntlets my friend the Job looks really great, would you be willing to pass on any contact Info you have on how i would go about getting one of these fantastic Kits & how much i would expect to pay ?? any info would be greatfully received.

Pm's welcome too.

Thanks In Advance.

Ian
AKA Homer-Fett

Thanks for the comments guys. :eek: I just hope that this thread has helped when others attempt to assemble their gauntlets.

Just so there's no confusion, I want to clarify what my FP ROTJ Gauntlet Kit contained:
RIGHT GAUNTLET
Top Shell (fiberglass)
Bottom Shell (vac'ed styrene)
Whip Cord Housing (resin)
Top Hose Connection (resin)
"bic lighter" greblie (resin)

LEFT GAUNTLET
Top Shell (fiberglass)
Bottom Shell (vac'ed styrene)
Flamethrower Housing (fiberglass top & styrene bottom)
Calc Pad (resin)
Dental Expander (resin)
Gauntlet Missile (resin)

The other bits and pieces I used and pictured in this thread are parts that I either bought from a store or collected from various offerings here at TDH. It took me over 2 years to get the FP kit and ALL of the various pieces I used to make my gauntlets. I would have had to wait even longer if I wanted to use a REAL MQ-1 calc pad or Dental Expander, but I had to draw the line some where. :lol: I don't want to sound like I am bragging or anything, but a set of gauntlets like these (FP Kit, RussRep Aluminum Missile, Machined Aluminum Gauntlet Darts, Brass Pipe Fittings, working lasers, working LED, functional switches, etc.) will run you over $500.

Now ... how can you get one of these kits? PM FP for pricing an availability. Who is FP, you ask? If you don't know the answer to that question, you need to get more pride in your Fett. ;) PM's will be sent to those who asked.

Gator

nice...i am doing a jango..so i was wonmdering where could i get the connectors shown here...

attachment.php

Hey Gator, what kind of lights did you use for the flamethrower? LED? If so, what type and size. I want to do that as well because I too have FG gauntlets with a machined aluminium rocket and darts and that looks sweet as hell.

BobaN00b said:
Hey Gator, what kind of lights did you use for the flamethrower? LED? If so, what type and size. I want to do that as well because I too have FG gauntlets with a machined aluminium rocket and darts and that looks sweet as hell.

They are not just lights, they are lasers. :lol: Literally.

I used two 3mW, 650nm laser diode modules, that I got from this site:
http://www.apinex.com/ret2/lsan.html

You are only the second person to ask about these. I guess no one took me seriously when I said lasers, earlier in the thread. ;)

Gator

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back