First attempt at 3D Printed Bucket

kg4ueq

New Hunter
This is my first attempt at 3D printing a Mandalorian helmet. I printed it on a Tronxy 3XY with PLA filament. After printing, I had to do a little sanding and filling some minor gaps. It was primed with a filling primer and painted with flat spray paint. My color scheme was something I came up with myself (not to mention that it was what I had in my shop already).

There are several problems with the print. The lower part of the mandibles is shifted, like the whole piece moved during printing. At any rate, I am dissapointed that after 2 1/2 days it turned out like it did. I am in the process of printing a new bucket. I reduced the size by 3% and I am not using any supports. Keep your fingers crossed!

Attachments

• mando helmet painted (1).jpg
    mando helmet painted (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 256
  • mando helmet painted (2).jpg
    mando helmet painted (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 227
  • mando helmet painted (3).jpg
    mando helmet painted (3).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 210

ToEleven

Active Hunter
I like to use a custom support structure with zero infill for helmets. It saves on time and still gives some internal support.

I'm using Cura 4.4. This isn't every detail involved, but here are a couple screenshots of what I'm talking about.

It takes a little 3d modeling, but nothing too fancy. Here is my helmet with the support in Blender.

Annotation 2020-01-23 134303.png

You then select Per Model Settings, and enable these settings for the support object.
Annotation 2020-01-23 134303b.png