First attempt at 3D Printed Bucket

kg4ueq

New Hunter
This is my first attempt at 3D printing a Mandalorian helmet. I printed it on a Tronxy 3XY with PLA filament. After printing, I had to do a little sanding and filling some minor gaps. It was primed with a filling primer and painted with flat spray paint. My color scheme was something I came up with myself (not to mention that it was what I had in my shop already).

There are several problems with the print. The lower part of the mandibles is shifted, like the whole piece moved during printing. At any rate, I am dissapointed that after 2 1/2 days it turned out like it did. I am in the process of printing a new bucket. I reduced the size by 3% and I am not using any supports. Keep your fingers crossed!

Attachments

• mando helmet painted (1).jpg
    mando helmet painted (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 391
  • mando helmet painted (2).jpg
    mando helmet painted (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 328
  • mando helmet painted (3).jpg
    mando helmet painted (3).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 350
I like to use a custom support structure with zero infill for helmets. It saves on time and still gives some internal support.

I'm using Cura 4.4. This isn't every detail involved, but here are a couple screenshots of what I'm talking about.

It takes a little 3d modeling, but nothing too fancy. Here is my helmet with the support in Blender.

Annotation 2020-01-23 134303.png

You then select Per Model Settings, and enable these settings for the support object.
Annotation 2020-01-23 134303b.png

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back