Fettastic ESB Boba Fett Build. 501st Approved BH-77377 // Extremely Pic and video heavy

I was able to go to my first convention last weekend. It ended up being an Anime-Con but we were there to represent the 501st. It was a lot of fun and there were some really unique characters!

FullSizeRender60_zpsuvwcq3pz.jpg

IMG_6941_zps7r1howyn.jpg

I was only able to stay for a couple hours but for the time I was there we had a decent size crew representing the Central California Garrison - South Valley Squad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided to make some changes to my kit. Starting with the things that have bugged me. So, I'm starting with things under the lid.

My helmet interior needs work and with the servo kit taking up a lot of room along with the fans I plan on later installing this is going to be a challenge. I've been using velcro and ZAP Team Wendy pads which have done the job but I want to do something a little more accurate, rugged, and cool. I have a pretty accurate helmet cradle that I'm working on attaching. So...it begins.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

So I wanted the interior to somewhat resemble the original ESB interior. Obviously with all the added electronics it wouldn't be possible to be 100% accurate. As I stated earlier, I got a pretty accurate cradle from intwenothor a while back with plans to retro fit my interior. It had to be cut out of the existing helmet leaving very little material and in some cases virtually no material left to be re-attached to a new helmet. So I devised a method that may be useful to others who want to install a cradle similar to the original.

Only image I have seen of the original interior for the ESB Hero Helmet.
Boba-Fett-Empire-Strikes-Back-Helmet-06.jpg

Semi Accurate Cradle as I received it...
FullSizeRender (16).jpgFullSizeRender (15).jpgFullSizeRender (34).jpg

I whipped out my sewing kit and purchased some material that was close to the same webbing used along with some button snaps and a nifty snap tool.
Time to work!
FullSizeRender (17).jpg

Sewed on some excess webbing in order to give me an area to attach my snaps to.
FullSizeRender (18).jpg

Attached my snaps...
FullSizeRender (22).jpgFullSizeRender (115).jpg

Laid out where the connecting part of the snaps should be by making a mark with a sharpie and JB Welded the snaps in place. Note that you will need to rough up the area you are going to glue or in my case JB weld the snaps to. I use a dremel to make deep grooves in the fiberglass and it has worked very well so far.
FullSizeRender (20).jpgFullSizeRender (21).jpg

Attached the snaps to make sure everything was in the right place. Once I liked the position of the cradle in regard to the helmet, I cut off the excess webbing but left enough to be able to grab and unsnap if needed. Then I attached some velcro to the front of the helmet above the visor and attached some foam to give a little bit of padding for comfort. The foam sits over the snaps perfectly.
FullSizeRender (28).jpg FullSizeRender (26).jpg FullSizeRender (27).jpg

Now I have something that looks more like the original, fits great, is really adjustable, and can be detached and re-attached in seconds. I love it!
FullSizeRender (24).jpgFullSizeRender (25).jpg

So a friend I know had this and gave it to me for a steel! It had all the original packaging, spare parts and accessories! From what I could tell this may have never been used. It's a shame there was only one thing I wanted it for...

FullSizeRender (4).jpg FullSizeRender (5).jpg

Here are some I just got back from a friend. We didn't plan on doing a photo shoot but he was doing wedding photography/video and I just happened to be part of the wedding as ESB Boba Fett with some other 501st legion friends...so afterwards we got some sick pics with the sun setting.

Photo Credit: Dustin Laemmlen
Instagram: @dustinlaemmlen @dustinjamescreativ

Fettastic ESB 17 fotor 2.jpg Fettastic ESB 2 fotor.jpg Fettastic ESB 2.jpg

Fettastic ESB 11 fotor.jpg Background.jpg Background 2.jpg

Fettastic ESB 9 fotor.jpg Fettastic ESB 12 fotor.jpg Fettastic ESB 7 fotor.jpg

Fettastic%20ESB%2017%20fotor%202_zpsms2ijhj9.jpg

Fettastic%20ESB%202%20fotor_zpsejyqnuk3.jpg

Fettastic%20ESB%2018%20fotor_zpso12dia6y.jpg

Background_zpslw2uo9qy.jpg

Background%202_zpsid48ycix.jpg

Fettastic%20ESB%2011%20fotor_zps0drtk4vv.jpg

Fettastic%20ESB%2012%20fotor_zpsci4j069j.jpg

Fettastic%20ESB%201%20fotor_zpsa7e4pd8d.jpg

That looks amazing!!! Hope mine turns out half that good when its all said and done. gonna be a slow peocess tho sice my fiance doesnt like me spending alot of $$$ on my star wars habit hahaha.

Hey Team,
Another upgrade to my Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett that I've been wanting to do is the armor. I recently got the "HERO" armor supplied by Wastedfett on The Dented Helmet. The Hero armor is a bit longer and overall a little bigger than my previous Fettpride V3 armor. I think it fits my 6'1" frame a little better. I didn't fully document the paintup so I'll just post some in between stages for your viewing pleasure.

Right Chest HERO Armor 1.jpg Right Chest HERO Armor 2.jpg Right Chest HERO Armor 3.jpg Right Chest HERO Armor 4.jpg

IMG_8737.JPG FullSizeRender (4).jpg FullSizeRender (5).jpg

Here are some pictures with me adjusting the finished "Hero" armor on my mannequin.

Fettastic Boba Fett 3.JPG Fettastic Boba Fett 2.JPG Fettastic Boba Fett 1.JPG

A couple other improvements I tried on this armor was actually painting on the Fett crest instead of using a decal. Honestly, other than being able to properly weather the crest in stages, I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference between the decal and this crest that I painted on.

IMG_8978.JPG IMG_8976.JPG IMG_8974.JPG IMG_8964.JPG IMG_8944.JPG IMG_8943.JPG IMG_8942.JPG

Another improvement was using actual aluminum inside the diamond instead of using a silver painted piece of resin. It's a small detail but in person it really completes the feel of the center diamond piece. The devil is in the details
wink.png

IMG_8979.JPG

I hope to get some more photo's of me wearing the new armor soon but so far this is really all I've got from my first troop in the Empire Strikes Back "Hero" Armor. Sorry that it's really dark and the photo obviously has some distortion warpage going on.

Fettastic Boba Fett 4.jpg

IMG_8975.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back