Fettastic ESB Boba Fett Build. 501st Approved BH-77377 // Extremely Pic and video heavy

Fettastic

Active Hunter
Hey Team,

I finally decided I would do a build thread here and at therpf.com as well. Feel free to comment and Critique as I am always looking to improve my Fett.

I want to give a big thank you to all the members on this forum that have messaged me back answering questions, giving insight, or just talking about Boba Fett. Until I discovered this forum and it's great community of stand up members there is no way that I would have been able to make the fulfillment of a life long dream possible, a Full Size, Wearable, Accurate, Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett. I also want to thank the many members who make and sell Boba Fett items on this forum. Since almost everything on this suit is custom it takes fine craftsmen such as yourselves to supply the community with means to accomplish an accurate Boba Fett. Thank you so much for your contributions.

I tried to give credit where credit is due and there are just so many... so I'm sorry if I forgot to mention anyone.

Boba Fett Fettastic ESB.jpg

Boba Fett Fettastic ESB 1.jpg

Boba Fett Fettastic ESB 2.jpg

The photo's and video above were done by my friend Dustin Laemmlen of MANE CO

I have been 501st approved! I am now part of the Central California Garrison, South Valley Squad, BH-77377

CCG_zps3xcmhzxg.jpg

In these pictures it irritates me that my harness was so loose. I have made correct adjustments.

FullSizeRender66_zps2iabsfpb.jpg
FullSizeRender71_zpspgtdtsoi.jpg
FullSizeRender82_zpsu3hwulcl.jpg
FullSizeRender77_zps4yst2oi6.jpg
FullSizeRender74_zpsuzrrrg8c.jpg
FullSizeRender76_zps2kz0j4df.jpg
View attachment 149363 View attachment 149364

Consolidating Inventory:

Helmet:
FettPride FPH2 ESB
Thank You to Alex @Raizo, Andy @GCNgamer128, Eric @superjedi, @rubio95, Levi @RafalFett, for your talents, conversations, techniques, research and insight on how to paint these blasted buckets. I know there are other talented individuals out there but you guys are just a few of the stand out members that have personally helped me specifically with painting the ESB lid. So thanks again for your time and contributions.

Click the link to view my Paint-up Thread

Cameron's Boba Fett Helmet as seen in EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 1 Bright Natural 2.jpg

Cameron's Boba Fett Helmet as seen in EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 2 Bright Natural.jpg

Cameron's Boba Fett Helmet as seen in EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 3 Bright Natural.jpg

Cameron's Boba Fett Helmet as seen in EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 4. bright natural 1.jpg

View attachment 155306

View attachment 155307

View attachment 155308

View attachment 155309

View attachment 155310

View attachment 155311

View attachment 155312

View attachment 155313

View attachment 155314

View attachment 155315

View attachment 155316

View attachment 66482 View attachment 66477 View attachment 66478
View attachment 66479 View attachment 66480 View attachment 66481
View attachment 66483

RangeFinder Servo with Wireless remote made by @Jc27 ...inside right gauntlet activated by accurate alcoswitch.

DIY Steel Borden Connector:
Click the link to view my DIY Build Thread

IMG_2771.JPG

Jetpack:
Man Of War Studios Kit, @Man of War Studios
Click the link to view my Build and Paint-Up

FullSizeRender (31).jpg

Aluminum Beacon Light with bright flashing LED. Vintage Micro Mega Dental File.
Thank you Jeremy, @jbdubz for hitting me up with the Dental File and Beacon :D
FullSizeRender (32).jpg FullSizeRender (33).jpg

Cape:
Thank you Bryan, @bcurtis for hitting me up first on this :D
FullSizeRender (155).jpg

Boots:
Click the link to view my DIY Steel Toe Spikes Build
IMG_2782.JPG

Man Of War Boots,
FullSizeRender (1333).jpg

Aluminum Toe Spikes
IMG_3430.JPG

Nemrod Sidearm Holster V1 by Stormrider
IMG_6133.JPG

Shin Tools
FullSizeRender (36).jpg FullSizeRender (37).jpg

Girth Belt
FullSizeRender (30).jpg

Man of War Studios Ammo Belt Stained and Weathered:
Pouches attached with Jewelry pins through the back of the ammo pouches.
In the Left Pouch is where I keep my Fettronics Battery for my Chest Display.
FullSizeRender (331).jpg IMG_4649.JPG

Screen Accurate Harness from @Bigdane with US Divers Buckle
FullSizeRender (28).jpg FullSizeRender (29).jpg

Scopes:
I've been collecting parts and scopes in order to build an accurate Frankenscope for my EE-3.
I want to thank Andy, @intwenothor for his time, and research specifically with his accurate scope thread. I'm not sure we will see a more perfect, researched and detailed thread ever again. Thank you for your contribution :D
FullSizeRender (332).jpg

CONTINUE TO POST #4

FullSizeRender (155).jpg

IMG_6133.JPG

View attachment 66477

View attachment 66478

View attachment 66479

View attachment 66480

View attachment 66481

View attachment 66482

View attachment 66483

FullSizeRender (31).jpg

FullSizeRender (32).jpg

FullSizeRender (33).jpg

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2782.JPG

FullSizeRender (1333).jpg

IMG_3430.JPG

FullSizeRender (36).jpg

FullSizeRender (37).jpg

FullSizeRender (30).jpg

FullSizeRender (28).jpg

FullSizeRender (29).jpg

FullSizeRender (331).jpg

FullSizeRender (332).jpg

IMG_4649.JPG

Last edited:
Amazing suit!! I just began my esb build the other day and already have the armor done.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560

Last edited by a moderator:
Continue Consolidated Inventory...

Lone Star Flight Suit:
I have had this tailored to fit me like a glove. This is one of the key elements to pulling off a good looking Fett in my humble opinion.
I also bleached and distressed it, stripped the color it came with from Lone Star and re-dyed it with Dylon China Blue. I didn't use the full amount as too keep the faded appearance.
IMG_4889.JPG FullSizeRender (35).jpg

Gloves:
These are scratch built from white Dents Gloves. Dyed a darker grey then hand sewn with correct tackle twill.
FullSizeRender (134).jpg

Man of War Studios Flak Vest and Neck Seal:
It's a one size fits all design so I altered the crap out of this thing but it's worth it because I really like the material he uses on this. It's really thin and light weight.

I also developed a new way to attach the armor to the flak vest that is really inexpensive and super easy to install. I guess it's called the Fettastic Method...thanks DVH @Darth Voorhees.
Click on the link to view New Way To Attach Armor

FullSizeRender (3).jpg FullSizeRender (27).jpg

Armor:
FettPride V3 Armor Set. This stuff is awesome for people 6' and over. Proportionally it fits me well. It is thin ABS though so it requires care and reinforcement in problem areas.
Wookie Braids: Synthetic by Woodman
IMG_4960.JPG FullSizeRender (133).jpg
FullSizeRender (24).jpg FullSizeRender (25).jpg FullSizeRender (26).jpg
Shoulder Bells
FullSizeRender (19).jpg FullSizeRender (20).jpg
Knee Armor with aluminum darts by Dakota @MachineCraft.
FullSizeRender (115).jpg FullSizeRender (116).jpg FullSizeRender (17).jpg

Machined Aluminum Collar Studs:
I have since painted the tops on one Red and one Black for 501st approval.
FullSizeRender (38).jpg

Man of War Studios Gauntles with correct alco switches and aluminum darts. Still looking for a solution for the light in the right gauntlet.
FullSizeRender (136).jpg FullSizeRender (135).jpg
FullSizeRender (23).jpg FullSizeRender (137).jpg

I Also did a resourceful DIY for the dental files for the whipcord houseing. Click on the link to view Repurposed Lamp Switches into Dental Files

FullSizeRender (139).jpg FullSizeRender (230).jpg
FullSizeRender (43).jpg FullSizeRender (41).jpg

CONTINUE TO POST #7

IMG_4889.JPG

FullSizeRender (35).jpg

FullSizeRender (134).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (27).jpg

IMG_4960.JPG

FullSizeRender (133).jpg

FullSizeRender (24).jpg

FullSizeRender (25).jpg

FullSizeRender (26).jpg

FullSizeRender (19).jpg

FullSizeRender (20).jpg

FullSizeRender (115).jpg

FullSizeRender (116).jpg

FullSizeRender (17).jpg

FullSizeRender (38).jpg

FullSizeRender (23).jpg

FullSizeRender (135).jpg

FullSizeRender (136).jpg

FullSizeRender (137).jpg

FullSizeRender (139).jpg

FullSizeRender (230).jpg

FullSizeRender (43).jpg

FullSizeRender (41).jpg

Thanks guys! I'm hoping this encourages me to completely finish different parts of my suit instead of skipping around so much lol. There's just so much time and so little to do!!! Wait...reverse that statement.

I hear ya, I'm still working on my JP! But I'm doing it slow and fun to enjoy the process, there at the end of the rest it was very tense and a lot like work!
I worked on my fuel tank caps the other day. Didn't get done, but I had fun working on it.

who made your collar armor? I have RKD's biggest version, but it looks a little small on me. I may try to fab me one out of Sintra. I just look like I put on a kids armor kinda!

That armor looks spot on bro, i dont know who you got your paint list from, but they mustve been on the props crew for ESB!! Haha

Sent from my LG-H900

UPDATED:
Continuing consolidated inventory:

Heiland 2 Cell Flash for EE-3 ESB
IMG_4885.JPG

Stormrider's Resin ESB EE-3 Kit
For more pictures visit post #47
Boba Fett ESB EE3 Blaster.JPG

Stormrider's Resin 2 piece Pulce 40
Boba Fett Pulce 40 Blaster.JPG

The whole Stormrider kit
Boba Fett ESB EE3 Pulce 40 Nemrod Holster.JPG

Accurate Helmet Interior cradle:
Thanks to Intwenothor again for this one.
FullSizeRender (34).jpg

And an updated picture of my current Boba Fett ESB kit.
FullSizeRender (39).jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little over a week ago I ended up joining a Star Wars Fan club called the Twin Suns here in the central valley California. As soon as I joined they told me they had a couple slots open for passes to troop at a local theater for the Rogue One Premier! So I stayed up late trying to finish my helmet and threw my suit together to make it pretty troopable. Disclaimer: Shin tools are in the wrong pockets and this is only due to the fact that my Loan Star Flight suit shin tool pocket on my right leg is too small to fit the squeegee tool, so I'll have to make some modifications. I didn't have time to finish them either so they are just painted silver :/ I'm also missing my sidearm holster. Other than that I think I could even meet 501st CRL but I'm just happy I was able to troop my Fett for the first time! :D

Here are a few photo's from the theater. One member even brought his hyperfirm EE-3 and let me troop with it! I definitely felt naked without it.

Fettastic%20Galaxy%203_zpsmgr5ka0c.jpg

Fettastic%20Galaxy%202%20fotor_zpsp8q3zzjf.jpg

342d5add-4503-41cf-8d00-ea4e070a74de_zpsoqdqn7ms.jpg

FullSizeRender (34).jpg

FullSizeRender (39).jpg

IMG_4885.JPG

Boba Fett ESB EE3 Blaster.JPG

Boba Fett Pulce 40 Blaster.JPG

Boba Fett ESB EE3 Pulce 40 Nemrod Holster.JPG

Just remember! That ANY "AVERAGE" Star Wars fan wouldn't notice the things we notice (shin tools placement, sidearm holster, etc.) To them you are Boba Fett! And you look SWEET!

Looking great, dude! It seems as though you're using the wrong mounting hole on the cape. I originally placed it too close to the corner. There is a really small hole closer to the center stripe that will get it hanging just right. I seriously cannot wait to see this totally finished. Gonna be good stuff.

Just remember! That ANY "AVERAGE" Star Wars fan wouldn't notice the things we notice (shin tools placement, sidearm holster, etc.) To them you are Boba Fett! And you look SWEET!

I know, I know...but on this site, only the best of the best will be viewing so, a disclaimer is warranted :)

Looking great, dude! It seems as though you're using the wrong mounting hole on the cape. I originally placed it too close to the corner. There is a really small hole closer to the center stripe that will get it hanging just right. I seriously cannot wait to see this totally finished. Gonna be good stuff.

Bryan, you never miss a thing do ya ;) I actually did this on purpose only because I haven't figured out how to hide the ink stain on the previous whole, I had to decide quickly between accuracy vs eye sore, which I understand inaccuracy can also be an eye sore, especially to the perfectionist like yourself and I, but since I had limited time and with the opinion of my girlfriend, it was best to hide the original, ink stained hole with the collar stud. I will fix this I promise! ;) Thanks again for the cape too, I'm loving it's flowyness...if only that was a word.

I ended up having the same problem with my cape not to long ago. I ended up leaving it over the ink stain. I started using a washable fabric marker pen for that. When the mark has been cut lick your Finger and wipe the marker away. Don't be gross about it just lick it once[emoji38] .

Hahaha right?! Your Fett looks great though!

Thanks! So is yours! Especially now that you've got a superjedi paint job on your lid! Who made the armor? I was searching your build thread and couldn't find out who you used, I know you used Ponte for the paint work.

Thanks! So is yours! Especially now that you've got a superjedi paint job on your lid! Who made the armor? I was searching your build thread and couldn't find out who you used, I know you used Ponte for the paint work.

All armor besides the actual jetpack are Fett Pride. Jetpack was MOW but I appreciate it!

Man the way you have your set up gives me something to strive towards, if I can pull off something even close to what you have ill be happy!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back