Fett helmet colors confirmed from original painter?

jhfagan

Active Hunter
Sorry if this needs to be on another thread, but I haven't found anything else that answered this.
But, has anyone ever confirmed with whoever painted the Fett helmets for ESB and ROTJ, exactly what color paints they used, or that maybe they documented somewhere, rather than we having to play the eyeball guessing game without the real prop in front of us?
"Yeah, for the dome and cheeks, I used "THIS COLOR from THIS MANUFACTURER" " , etc.
Was it Joe Johnston for ESB, and Sandy (last name) for ROTJ?

Of course theyve been asked.... but they've worked on many things since. I couldnt tell you the colors I used in stuff I painted 10 years ago let alone 30-40

Yeah. I know.
I mean, I know I have found what colors, either through my own scouring, or suggestions made here, that I like for each, that best represents what that character looks and feels like to me in my minds eye, so I'm happy with using them, but being still somewhat new to the game, and 10 years of information to pour through ( lol ), I was just curious if it had been asked before.
Cool...
As you were. ; )

I know PC and phone screens all vary and don't accurately convey the absolute proper color reference from a picture, but with that being said, has anyone posted a pic of a swatch of the blended colors they say they use to get their base?
Like, ok...they say Humbrol 31 + Humbrol 78 (approx. 2 ½: 1 ratio mix ). but what does that end result look like in an actual controlled photographic setting for proper reference?
If someone says "Panzer Olive Green", I can go see a properly made swatch and get a good idea of that color.
I saw the colors used on the STENCILS, and they look pretty good, but are they the accurate end results of the blends they sometimes say to use?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back