ROTJ Hero Helmet Acrylic Paint List?

starsaber25

New Hunter
Hey everyone. So I have been looking through the forum for a while to find a good acrylic paint list for a ROTJ Hero helmet. Does anyone have a good list they can share with me? Archive X has acrylic paints for sale but they only have a "package" for an ESB helmet. I understand that ESB helmets are more popular but I assume there has to be a good list somewhere. I'm looking for acrylic paints that are hopefully in stock. Archive X, Tamiya, etc. I'm also hoping that this thread can be used for future researchers so I tried to put a good title to search for. Thanks!

Hey everyone. So I have been looking through the forum for a while to find a good acrylic paint list for a ROTJ Hero helmet. Does anyone have a good list they can share with me? Archive X has acrylic paints for sale but they only have a "package" for an ESB helmet. I understand that ESB helmets are more popular but I assume there has to be a good list somewhere. I'm looking for acrylic paints that are hopefully in stock. Archive X, Tamiya, etc. I'm also hoping that this thread can be used for future researchers so I tried to put a good title to search for. Thanks!
I painted my couple of ROTJ Helmets with Archive-X Enamels, but most of the colours are still available in acrylic. Did both with the layered method using liquid latex.

Base silver and grey metallics are Humbrol Spray Acrylics Silver 11 and Gunmetal 53.

Dome and lower cheeks - GN Grey Green/Grime 60/40 misted with Coach Green and Pullman Green Lt, this over SP Dark Lark sprayed in patches of different amounts.

Light Green/Grime 50/50 for the lighter green on lower cheeks. Toned back with the base green for cheek.

Upper cheeks SP Dark Lark on first then Dark Green/Engine Black 70/30 approx. Same for turn signal above visor.

Red turn signal is Caboose.

Killstripes Reefer Orange

Visor and mandibles is SP Dark Lark first then D&H Caboose/Caboose 50/50.

Lower rear/Back Plates of helmet is Humbrol 53 sprayed in patches of different amounts and then Dark Green.

Attachments

• 9831B082-2968-489A-921A-A6ED5D32DB89.jpeg
    9831B082-2968-489A-921A-A6ED5D32DB89.jpeg
    536.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 0B83600B-5058-46A3-87C9-55EF91886091.jpeg
    0B83600B-5058-46A3-87C9-55EF91886091.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 227
Thank you very much for the info. Does anyone have a list for Tamiya paints? It looks like Archive X is only selling acrylic paints now btw.

Your helmets look great!

Thank you very much for the info. Does anyone have a list for Tamiya paints? It looks like Archive X is only selling acrylic paints now btw.

Your helmets look great!

The biggest “issue” with any paint that’s not going to be rattle cans is that most color lists are going to be custom mixes that artists have developed over time. It’s pretty rare for people to openly list their combinations outside of generic “Tamiya X11” or the supplied list above.

Archive-X makes it pretty easy which is why people really love spending the premium.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back