FamousFett's FPH2 ESB Hero paint up

It was already discussed in another thread regarding the dark gray:
ESB Lark Dark Gray 01.jpg
ESB Lark Dark Gray 02.jpg
ESB Lark Dark Gray 03.jpg
ESB Lark Dark Gray 04.jpg

The only areas where there are darker gray next to the dark gray are the dent and the outer section of the left lower cheek:
Dent Weathered Compare.jpg
Boba-Fett-Costume-CIV-Britt-065.jpg

I also like the Boba Maker method very much, with 4 bolts puttied in both 2 on the far sides and on the point where the mandibles meet the horizontal T. Unfortunately, I dont have a good picture on me atm.

Those pictures though look fantastic! very clean and professionally done, I gotta say. An interesting contrast to the rest of the helmet interiour which always looks quite makeshift :)

With this visor attatchment method I like, that it has the ease of screws, but at the same time provides some strength to the mandibles.

The visor then would probably have pre-drilled holes where the screws go?

Last edited:
The upper brackets might be a found part, but the lower ones were most likely scratch built.

RamSkirata - If you are talking about the original helmets, then no, the T-visor does not have pre-drilled holes. I don't know about the bobamaker helmet.
Yeah probably, I could probably find something to use for the brakets, I'll do some research and hopefully put them in my SE helmet. Here is how mine looks inside, just putty and epoxy
20200703_105429.jpg

The upper brackets might be a found part, but the lower ones were most likely scratch built.

RamSkirata - If you are talking about the original helmets, then no, the T-visor does not have pre-drilled holes. I don't know about the bobamaker helmet.
Thank you, Rafal.
The Boba Maker ones have the screws situatied just next to the visor and the are being held on by overlapping washers. No need for a pre drilled visor.

I was reffering to the original helmet. But with your reply, I can now see that the screws are just pushing against the visor, so that it is held in by friction and pressure. Thanks :)

The helmet is officially done! I had a lot of fun with this first paint up, there are some things I wish looked better but those are lessons learned to apply to future helmets! Thank you for all of the support everyone, time to apply for the 501st now! I am currently working on a ROTJ SE helmet so if you want to continue to follow my progress go check out that thread :) last photo shows my helmet (right) compared to the EFX helmet (left)
received_1192855324402421.jpeg
received_2704642233195610.jpeg
received_740916923402051.jpeg
received_275624463755277.jpeg
received_208668447044534.jpeg
received_204262724233773.jpeg
received_286531196034283.jpeg
received_2678714355749830.jpeg
20200707_181801.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back