FamousFett's FPH2 ESB Hero paint up

Finished the red band on the back! Getting close to finishing this helmet!
20200628_205142.jpg
20200627_193412.jpg

Helmet is pretty much done! Just have a little bit more paint details to add and then paint and attach the rangefinder! I will put the visor in after I have painted and clear coated everything. Looking forward to finishing my SE after this one too, however that one still has a ways to go .
20200629_132750.jpg
20200629_133538.jpg
20200630_145323.jpg
20200630_144658.jpg
20200630_145330.jpg
20200630_174930.jpg
20200630_174838.jpg
20200630_202711.jpg
20200630_204545.jpg
20200630_204616.jpg
20200630_210139.jpg
20200630_204624.jpg
20200630_202704.jpg

I am really eager to watch your SE project !! Especially now, that you have finished your first paint-up. How do you think the learning curve was / is?

I am really eager to watch your SE project !! Especially now, that you have finished your first paint-up. How do you think the learning curve was / is?
The learning curve between ESB and SE? I dont think it is too bad, it's a little tougher because there are no stencils but luckily there are a lot ot great reference pictures on here so that has helped a lot with knowing where to put the extra damage

It looks really good but I do not think you have to use diferent greys for the mandibles and the rest of the helmet. Of course I might be wrong.

It looks really good but I do not think you have to use diferent greys for the mandibles and the rest of the helmet. Of course I might be wrong.
Thanks! And yeah you're probably right, in the reference images I was looking at when I first started the helmet the grey on the dome looked darker than the rest but then I found the modern photos on here of the SE version of the ESB helmet and then I could see that they should all be the same grey as the mandibles, a lesson learned for next time

I'm not sure, maybe it's just the lighting but the dome and mandible greys look different slightly to me, but they are probably both the same
20200702_093354.jpg

Is this an actual reference image of the real helmet?

Not knowing anything about painting Boba... I'd throw in, that it could be due to the grey on the "brow" being applied onto a darker color then the grey on the dome?
Yeah that is one from the media section, and you're right that could be a factor as well, the dome grey may appear darker too because of the weathering they applied, I'm sure they are the same grey. Mine are different because at first I was mixing my own grey and then I was able to purchase the actual SP Lark Dark Grey like they believe is used on the real helmet and I thought it might look bad if I tried to go back over the dome grey, I'll probably just leave it how it is and make sure on my other helmet to use a uniform grey

The green square has the same grey under the black than under the green. The green square has the same grey under the black and under the red.

Captura.JPG

The green square has the same grey under the black than under the green. The green square has the same grey under the black and under the red.

View attachment 193179
Yeah, I'm sure they are the same grey, I dont see why they would use a different grey haha. This was my first paint up so I'm still trying to figure the finer details out, I'll make sure to use the same grey on the whole helmet for my next one

IMO you have made an amazing first paint job, and your second one is even better! Did you mix all of your colours?
I appreciate that :) and some colors are mixed, most of the colors I used can be found on the ESB stencil on here, the dome and cheeks I used panzer olivegrun 1943 and mixed it with some grey and white, the red is just straight up caboose nothing else mixed in, and the back panels are just concrete underneath the green and I think the green color is RLM73 for the ears and kill stripes I had to do some mixing to get a color I liked. And I'm really looking forward to finishing my SE helmet, everything I learned on this one will definitely be applied to that one to make it better than this one :)

I will follow with interest your progress. I tried to paint one helmet long time ago (12-14 years ago) with Humbrols and it was horrible :lol: so seeing this as your first paint job is something I envy.

I will follow with interest your progress. I tried to paint one helmet long time ago (12-14 years ago) with Humbrols and it was horrible :lol: so seeing this as your first paint job is something I envy.
Humbrols are a little tough to use i think especially if not mixed well with thinner so I wouldnt beat yourself up too much :) and I've had experience painting all of the other parts of bobas costume but I never did a helmet, luckily doing all of the painting translated well to doing a helmet

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back