Evan1701's Newbie ESB Fett Helmet Paint-Up

Thanks guys. For 3 straight months I was spending hours on the boards during the day, and then hours more in the evening painting and stenciling and masking. In a sick way it basically became my whole life. The wife was not pleased. That's why I'm taking a break before the rest of the costume... also... it's like -3 degrees outside, a bit too cold for painting :D my ultimate goal is to have it approved by May 25th for the Solo movie, in hopes that our Lord and Savior Boba Fett will be in the movie. I'm also going to try to meet Jeremy Bulloch AND Daniel Logan at Knoxville Comic Con at the end of June. I want to get both of them to sign the inside of my helmet and possibly take a picture with me in my kit- like they haven't seen that move 45,000 time already over the past 30 years :lol:

Yeah man it came out really great, exceptionally tight damage patterning. And yeah you're absolutely right about that 90-100% thing, the longest hardest part is always the final bits to reaching perfect. The extra 5% really shows in and of itself though.

Glad you're gonna have some awesome opportunities to show it off!

Evan, have you started work on the rest of the costume yet ??
I put on the second coat of primer last weekend on the armor and gaunts. I was so excited to get to wet sanding and putting on that first shiny coat of silver, when I got hit with SHINGLES! IN THE FACE! Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to get back into the game. I'm still waiting on my sidearm holster and my boots, and my jetpack is being painted by Lou. At least by the end of March I'll have everything I need in-hand, I'll just need to paint up the armor and gaunts, assemble, weather the soft parts, and do all the finishing touches. I plan to have the big unveiling at the Salem Red Sox game on April 28th.

Wow, shingles. My Mother had them on her face too. She was pretty old when she had them, I understand it's pretty painful !! I'm thinking they have a new vaccine out for it now. Sounds like you've got all your ducks in a row to get it all ready. Good Luck on getting it together in time. I'm looking forward to some progress pics when you get ready !

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back